CSNbbs
Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. (/thread-636378.html)

Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. - paintedblue - 06-11-2013 02:35 PM

The Daily Press is reporting that KB is in line for a contract extension. Both she and her staff are doing a great job on and off the court. Congratulations KB!
http://touch.dailypress.com/#story/dp-spt-odu-barefoot-contract-20130610/

RE: Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. - monarchman - 06-11-2013 02:45 PM

I agree with a 2 year extension. Good for both parties.

It's more than enough time for us to see where she can take the program.

RE: Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. - odufansam - 06-11-2013 02:56 PM

KB has done a lot to build the program, but she hasn't proven she can turn ODU into a top 50 program yet. 30-33 her first two years with 0 postseason wins. She needs to have some results on the court to match what she is doing off the court.

RE: Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. - monarchman - 06-11-2013 03:02 PM

(06-11-2013 02:56 PM)odufansam Wrote:  KB has done a lot to build the program, but she hasn't proven she can turn ODU into a top 50 program yet. 30-33 her first two years with 0 postseason wins. She needs to have some results on the court to match what she is doing off the court.

I agree, she's done a lot of good, but there's a lot more than needs to be said with on the court performance.

I think this year will be very telling. CUSA is going to be a challenging WBB league, and I think we will either sink or swim.

RE: Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. - djnva - 06-11-2013 03:10 PM

(06-11-2013 02:56 PM)odufansam Wrote:  KB has done a lot to build the program, but she hasn't proven she can turn ODU into a top 50 program yet. 30-33 her first two years with 0 postseason wins. She needs to have some results on the court to match what she is doing off the court.

Exactly. Which is why a 2 year extension gives her the time to do just that.

RE: Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. - jumpshooter - 06-11-2013 03:33 PM

Considering the mess she inherited, I think she's done more than enough to make people believe she can rebuild the program. And it's only going to get better what with the recruits and transfers she's got coming in. Enough with the Wendy Worship. Did you see where the women's APR was headed? To lost-scholarship land, according to Harry's story in Va Pilot.

RE: Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. - odufansam - 06-11-2013 03:52 PM

(06-11-2013 03:33 PM)jumpshooter Wrote:  Considering the mess she inherited, I think she's done more than enough to make people believe she can rebuild the program. And it's only going to get better what with the recruits and transfers she's got coming in. Enough with the Wendy Worship. Did you see where the women's APR was headed? To lost-scholarship land, according to Harry's story in Va Pilot.

No Wendy Worship here. Believe me.

RE: Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. - djnva - 06-11-2013 09:32 PM

I feel pretty good about ODU appearing in some polls in the next few years. I think the program is starting to get their mojo back.

RE: Karen Barefoot recommended to get 2 year contract extension. - Monarchs - 06-12-2013 11:47 AM

Good for Karen.

Great for Bobby Wilder. Let's just go ahead and sign him to one of those "lifetime" NHL-type 20 year-contracts..