CSNbbs
The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: UTEP (/forum-454.html)
+----- Thread: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread (/thread-635898.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - mistabinks - 06-17-2013 12:50 AM

(06-17-2013 12:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  What exactly do I lose?

Every debate you have engaged in on this forum since you created your latest user name.

(06-17-2013 12:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Actually, I win. I get to prove that City Council screwed up and I still get to enjoy the stadium.

Let us know whenever you get around to that. Also, for those keeping score, it would be the City Planner, the Project Developer, and the City Manager on the proverbial hot seat - not City Council.

(06-17-2013 12:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  All you get to do is make excuses for City Council .

Excuses, facts, what's the difference when you are backpedaling and flailing.

(06-17-2013 12:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  LOLCOGS

Indeed.

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - randaddyminer - 06-17-2013 03:11 AM

(06-17-2013 12:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(06-15-2013 05:11 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  
(06-15-2013 04:19 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(06-15-2013 01:39 AM)mistabinks Wrote:  52.8 million dollars. What is not definitive about that? This Tuesday, thanks to MountainStar stepping up, it may change. Facts do not evaporate due to random quotes and here-say. 52.8 million dollars. Regardless of what Byrd said in a random interview. Regardless of what Orly said on local radio. Regardless of what a beat writer on the El Paso Times reported. 52.8 million dollars. Even if the City Planner and/or Project Manager requested more. It's been 52.8 million dollars. Again, this Tuesday, it is going to change to another definitive number.

That's fine with me. I'm simply pointing out that all of the noise being put out here and there is what makes this issue compelling.

The more controversy that surrounds the stadium, the more people are going to be unwilling to support it.

Everything that I have done here is to show that City Council did a piss poor job of handling this thing.

Even the Mayor believes that.

YOU LOSE, SUCKA!!!

What exactly do I lose?

Actually, I win. I get to prove that City Council screwed up and I still get to enjoy the stadium.

All you get to do is make excuses for City Council .

LOLCOGS

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - Fitbud - 06-17-2013 12:26 PM

(06-17-2013 12:50 AM)mistabinks Wrote:  
(06-17-2013 12:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  What exactly do I lose?

Every debate you have engaged in on this forum since you created your latest user name.

(06-17-2013 12:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Actually, I win. I get to prove that City Council screwed up and I still get to enjoy the stadium.

Let us know whenever you get around to that. Also, for those keeping score, it would be the City Planner, the Project Developer, and the City Manager on the proverbial hot seat - not City Council.

(06-17-2013 12:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  All you get to do is make excuses for City Council .

Excuses, facts, what's the difference when you are backpedaling and flailing.

(06-17-2013 12:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  LOLCOGS

Indeed.

I don't understand what it is that you think I am back pedaling on. I have laid out all the facts and I have given you my opinions.

As the days go by, more and more people are seeing and saying what I have been saying all along.

Even the Mayor and Steve Ortega have admitted as much.

You three keep believing that I"m some sort of voice in the darkness though.

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - randaddyminer - 06-17-2013 02:39 PM

What do you mean you haven't backpedaled? You're constantly backpedaling. You backpedal so much that in some of your arguments you contradict your initial stance on the subject. Since you say more people are seeing and agreeing with you everyday, can you please tell us what Leeser's political platform was? What is he going to do differently? Is he not going to support the projects we've already approved? What makes him different from the other mayoral candidates?

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - mistabinks - 06-18-2013 11:48 AM

Joyce Wilson withdrew her name from the Florida job. She will remain our City Manager through 2014. This is good news for the baseball stadium and bond projects.

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - mistabinks - 06-18-2013 02:26 PM

The HOT tax in the first quarter of 2013 generated 625K. That is a success to say it mildly.

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - mistabinks - 06-18-2013 03:33 PM

City Rep Holguin is a clueless assclown.

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - randaddyminer - 06-18-2013 03:52 PM

(06-18-2013 03:33 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  City Rep Holguin is a clueless assclown.

crap, forgot about the meeting... can you give us a recap when it is over?

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - mistabinks - 06-18-2013 04:19 PM

60.8 million in bonds passed 5-3. MountainStar stepped up and will ultimately pay for 20% of it. HOT tax will now pay 80%.

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - RUNVSFD MINER - 06-18-2013 10:56 PM

(06-18-2013 03:33 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  City Rep Holguin is a clueless assclown.

never liked that d-bag

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - mistabinks - 06-18-2013 11:46 PM

(06-18-2013 10:56 PM)RUNVSFD MINER Wrote:  

never liked that d-bag

Also, this is not me being upset because I don't agree with him. I understand there are two sides to a coin. My problem with him is he is purposely adding fuel to the fire. There are so many uninformed naysayers who talk first w/out ever doing any research. He sits on City Council, speaks non truths, and gets those crabs all riled out. He is a POS.

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - Fitbud - 06-19-2013 01:02 AM

(06-17-2013 02:39 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  What do you mean you haven't backpedaled? You're constantly backpedaling. You backpedal so much that in some of your arguments you contradict your initial stance on the subject. Since you say more people are seeing and agreeing with you everyday, can you please tell us what Leeser's political platform was? What is he going to do differently? Is he not going to support the projects we've already approved? What makes him different from the other mayoral candidates?

I have not ever commented on Lesser except to say that many people voted for him based on how the ballpark issue was handled.

I have no idea how he will govern. I'm I supposed to know that?

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - randaddyminer - 06-19-2013 11:37 AM

(06-19-2013 01:02 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(06-17-2013 02:39 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  What do you mean you haven't backpedaled? You're constantly backpedaling. You backpedal so much that in some of your arguments you contradict your initial stance on the subject. Since you say more people are seeing and agreeing with you everyday, can you please tell us what Leeser's political platform was? What is he going to do differently? Is he not going to support the projects we've already approved? What makes him different from the other mayoral candidates?

I have not ever commented on Lesser except to say that many people voted for him based on how the ballpark issue was handled.

I have no idea how he will govern. I'm I supposed to know that?

who did you vote for in the runoff?

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - Fitbud - 06-19-2013 06:23 PM

I didn't vote in the runoff. What was the point, it was obvious that Lesser was going to win in a land slide.

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - mistabinks - 06-19-2013 06:35 PM

I was surprised. I thought he lost ground by going radio silent.

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - randaddyminer - 06-19-2013 11:33 PM

(06-19-2013 06:23 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I didn't vote in the runoff. What was the point, it was obvious that Lesser was going to win in a land slide.

Nice dodge, who were you hoping would win?

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - Fitbud - 06-20-2013 05:08 PM

(06-19-2013 11:33 PM)randaddyminer Wrote:  
(06-19-2013 06:23 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I didn't vote in the runoff. What was the point, it was obvious that Lesser was going to win in a land slide.

Nice dodge, who were you hoping would win?

Of course I was hoping Lesser would win. Steve Ortega is the biggest prick I've ever met.

They guys thinks his stuff don't stink. And it has nothing to do with the ball park either.

RE: The Official Downtown Baseball Stadium Discussion Thread - randaddyminer - 06-20-2013 05:41 PM

so you wanted Lesser to win, even though you didn't know what his political platform? What's funny is that some of the naysayers are now complaining because it looks like Lesser is on the same page that Ortega and the rest of the progressives were on

Refuse the Juice says ballpark dead - Fitbud - 06-20-2013 05:46 PM

Have you guys heard of this guy?

He claims that the ballpark is still in jeopardy.

http://refusethejuice.typepad.com/thinkaboutit/

Holguin is not going to bring the $8 million increase back for a vote. Nope. He's going to bring the whole contract back for a vote in two weeks. He has the votes to kill the project. Here's how it goes down.

You have eight council members and one mayor. Holguin, Acosta, Robinson, Romero, Limon vote to rescind the contract (5). Niland, Noe and Lilly vote to keep it (3). The mayor (1) can veto it or let it stand.

Seriously folks - this is going to happen - pay attention.

- See more at: http://refusethejuice.typepad.com/thinkaboutit/#sthash.eUMzFUsd.dpuf

RE: Refuse the Juice says ballpark dead - mistabinks - 06-20-2013 05:54 PM

Why did you create another thread for this?