CSNbbs
OT: Reuters Travel Postcard - Birmingham, AL - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: OT: Reuters Travel Postcard - Birmingham, AL (/thread-635140.html)

OT: Reuters Travel Postcard - Birmingham, AL - blazr - 05-31-2013 01:25 PM

This is on the front page of headlines via Reuters' iPad App:

ReutersTravel Postcard: 48 Hours in Birmingham, AL

RE: OT: Reuters Travel Postcard - Birmingham, AL - Smaug - 05-31-2013 02:23 PM

If they took the hike at Ruffner Mountain to the overlook at 1, and made it to Vulcan by 2:30, they must've sprinted.

Also, The Irondale Cafe went to hell after that movie. There are a LOT better meat-and-threes to be had. Nikki's West being one.

RE: OT: Reuters Travel Postcard - Birmingham, AL - demiveeman - 05-31-2013 03:11 PM

1. It's Lakeview District, not Lakeshore.

2. You don't go to Marty's for Rock and Roll....you go to Marty's for burgers.

RE: OT: Reuters Travel Postcard - Birmingham, AL - mixduptransistor - 06-03-2013 02:28 PM

That article reads like someone spent 30 minutes googling Birmingham and combined everything into that list

RE: OT: Reuters Travel Postcard - Birmingham, AL - bladhmadh - 06-03-2013 03:03 PM

(06-03-2013 02:26 PM)legalblazer Wrote:  I still don't get the Nikki's West thing. It reminds me of my elementary school cafeteria. I guess we had a good cafeteria.

About 10 years ago a national publication did an article on the best restaurants in the western hemisphere. Places in rio ny la. Nikkis west made the list as the best meat n three

RE: OT: Reuters Travel Postcard - Birmingham, AL - backyardblazer - 06-04-2013 05:30 PM

(05-31-2013 02:23 PM)Smaug Wrote:  If they took the hike at Ruffner Mountain to the overlook at 1, and made it to Vulcan by 2:30, they must've sprinted.

Also, The Irondale Cafe went to hell after that movie. There are a LOT better meat-and-threes to be had. Nikki's West being one.

And there is no way you could go to Hot and Hot to eat dinner AND be somewhere else in an hour and a half. The only dinners you can get in under an hour at Hot and Hot is in a glass at the bar.

This is made up for their tourism guide.

RE: OT: Reuters Travel Postcard - Birmingham, AL - DragonClaw - 06-04-2013 08:02 PM

(05-31-2013 02:23 PM)Smaug Wrote:  There are a LOT better meat-and-threes to be had. Nikki's West being one.

Niki's West. Oh yes. Classic Birmingham.

I'm hungry.