CSNbbs
Ice Cold Beer! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Ice Cold Beer! (/thread-634069.html)

Ice Cold Beer! - SylvaniaRocket - 05-21-2013 04:22 PM

Channel 13 is reporting that Toledo is considering selling beer at football and basketball games.

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - tampabayrocketfan - 05-21-2013 04:24 PM

http://www.toledoblade.com/UT/2013/05/21/UT-moves-to-sell-alcohol-at-home-football-basketball-games.html

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - tampabayrocketfan - 05-21-2013 04:25 PM

UT is considering many things to improve the overall experience. I am a 42 year old man and I want to have some cold beer when I attend sporting events. This is a great move!

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - MidnightBlueGold - 05-21-2013 04:42 PM

I don't like it. There are too many students (and let's face it, some adults too) who don't know how to handle their alcohol. Get ready for puking, immaturity, and more childish behavior from students. And I don't understand why people want to spend $7-$8 on beer when it doesn't even taste good, and when you would need to spend a ton of money to get/stay drunk/tipsy.

I hope UTPD and usher watch this closely, and throws out anyone who acts stupidly drunk.

Ice Cold Beer! - #ToledoRockets - 05-21-2013 05:16 PM

I'm sure this will mean an increase in security. Also probably means they will be more strict at the gate on what people are sneaking in. Overall I love it.

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - TampaRocket - 05-21-2013 05:31 PM

Love it...great move!

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - Rocket Pirate - 05-21-2013 06:45 PM

(05-21-2013 04:42 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I don't like it. There are too many students (and let's face it, some adults too) who don't know how to handle their alcohol. Get ready for puking, immaturity, and more childish behavior from students. And I don't understand why people want to spend $7-$8 on beer when it doesn't even taste good, and when you would need to spend a ton of money to get/stay drunk/tipsy.

I hope UTPD and usher watch this closely, and throws out anyone who acts stupidly drunk.

Students won't pay that much for beer. Also, students sneak in a lot of alcohol now and there hasn't been much of a problem with puking and immaturity that impact the game or those outside of the student section.

I think it will attract fans to the concession stands and with the beer prices, it would bring in a nice jolt of cash.

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - tampabayrocketfan - 05-21-2013 07:07 PM

(05-21-2013 04:42 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  I don't like it. There are too many students (and let's face it, some adults too) who don't know how to handle their alcohol. Get ready for puking, immaturity, and more childish behavior from students. And I don't understand why people want to spend $7-$8 on beer when it doesn't even taste good, and when you would need to spend a ton of money to get/stay drunk/tipsy.

21 year olds can buy beer at every other venue for sports. Baseball. Hockey. Football, etc. There are more then just students to think about in this decision.

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - Toledo Football 1st - 05-21-2013 07:36 PM

Personally, I think the alcohol policy has been fine just the way it has been for years. You don't have people spilling beer on you in the stands and on the steps. The atmosphere is loose enough. There don't seem to be many sloppy drunks. Why change a good thing?

I know, the revenues. But, I don't see it really improving the fan experience. Depends on how they do it, though. Doesn't Akron have a designated area where you purchase and consume? That would be a good thing to do. That way you don't have people spilling beer all over you when they're edging down the row to their seat.

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - T4C8 - 05-21-2013 08:01 PM

well, my only thing is, as if the concession lines weren't bad enough already..........

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - MidnightBlueGold - 05-21-2013 11:24 PM

(05-21-2013 08:01 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  well, my only thing is, as if the concession lines weren't bad enough already..........

Hopefully they have alcohol only stands. I'm not gonna be waiting in line for something to eat in a line that is twice as long because of beer.

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - H2Oville Rocket - 05-22-2013 08:14 AM

I'm torn here so I am going to wait for the voice of reason to weigh in and when I have his opinion I'll give mine. King Bob?

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - DetroitRocket - 05-22-2013 08:19 AM

From today's Blade Story:

Men’s basketball last year outdrew all but one MAC team. A few cold ones however could numb the university’s pain of slashing its budget by a projected $14 million to $17 million.

Are we talking about UT's budget (thought it was $31M), or the athletic budget?

http://www.toledoblade.com/UT/2013/05/22/University-of-Toledo-may-sell-alcohol-at-sporting-venues.html

RE: Ice Cold Beer! - Toledo Football 1st - 05-22-2013 11:32 AM

(05-22-2013 08:14 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  I'm torn here so I am going to wait for the voice of reason to weigh in and when I have his opinion I'll give mine. King Bob?

King Bob has stepped out to celebrate the good news. He'll be back around August. 03-lmfao