CSNbbs
2013 Football Record Predictions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1020.html)
+----- Forum: UCF (/forum-442.html)
+----- Thread: 2013 Football Record Predictions (/thread-629312.html)

2013 Football Record Predictions - UCFNation34 - 04-11-2013 10:14 PM

With the Spring Game this Saturday marking the end of practices until a few weeks before the season, what are your predictions for the 2013 season?

Akron - W
at FIU - W
at PSU - L
S. Carolina - L
at Memphis - W
at U of L - L
UConn - W
Houston - W
at Temple - W
Rutgers - W
USF - W
at SMU - L

For the past few years, I have personally always predicted that we would go more than .500 in OOC, and never do. Fool me once, shame on you... I'm tired of being fooled. We go 2-2 in OOC this year, once again.

I really believe that this season will depend greatly on whether or not we win the appeal. In my prediction, I base all this off of winning the appeal (which I'm not confident about, but may as well be positive). I think that the UConn game will be the turning point of our season, either for the worse or for the better. I think we win that game, and ride a major confidence boost the rest of the way. O'Leary coached football teams do seem to play better as the season progresses, and I think Bortles will really start to click around the Louisville game. The defense will be key. Will our thin secondary develop along the way, or remain our Achilles' heel? Being optimistic, I think that we just start clicking as a team, and ride out a great season. I do have a feeling that we lose a game we aren't supposed to late in the season, and would really hate to see it be USF, so I predict we lose to SMU in our final game due to bias. I also have a really good feeling about Rutgers for some reason, so I settled with 8-4.

Would love to hear what everyone else thinks.

RE: 2013 Football Record Predictions - Kruciff - 04-11-2013 10:18 PM

(04-11-2013 10:14 PM)UCFNation34 Wrote:  With the Spring Game this Saturday marking the end of practices until a few weeks before the season, what are your predictions for the 2013 season?

Akron - W
at FIU - W
at PSU - L
S. Carolina - L
at Memphis - W
at U of L - L
UConn - W
Houston - W
at Temple - W
Rutgers - W
USF - W
at SMU - L

For the past few years, I have personally always predicted that we would go more than .500 in OOC, and never do. Fool me once, shame on you... I'm tired of being fooled. We go 2-2 in OOC this year, once again.

I really believe that this season will depend greatly on whether or not we win the appeal. In my prediction, I base all this off of winning the appeal (which I'm not confident about, but may as well be positive). I think that the UConn game will be the turning point of our season, either for the worse or for the better. I think we win that game, and ride a major confidence boost the rest of the way. O'Leary coached football teams do seem to play better as the season progresses, and I think Bortles will really start to click around the Louisville game. The defense will be key. Will our thin secondary develop along the way, or remain our Achilles' heel? Being optimistic, I think that we just start clicking as a team, and ride out a great season. I do have a feeling that we lose a game we aren't supposed to late in the season, and would really hate to see it be USF, so I predict we lose to SMU in our final game due to bias. I also have a really good feeling about Rutgers for some reason, so I settled with 8-4.

Would love to hear what everyone else thinks.

You know frankly, 8-4 in a new league with no bottom feeders (not even memphis can be overlooked) is very positive. I would be happy with 8-4. I would be ECSTATIC with an Orange Bowl invitation and a bowl ban appeal win.

I think many fans of UCF are just saying "Beat USF and this season is a victory"

8-4 is my prediction, but only if the Offense lives up to it's hype, which i'm not so sure of given the rumblings of our RUN O.

RE: 2013 Football Record Predictions - knightmare2014 - 04-11-2013 10:24 PM

UCF goes 12-0, wins the AAC title and makes up for all the losses to USF by winning 87-0

RE: 2013 Football Record Predictions - CommuterBob - 04-12-2013 09:57 AM

Winning the appeal would be awesome, but frankly I have serious doubts that we will. So I will base my predictions on that. Losing the appeal means that we are banned from the postseason this year and seniors can transfer if they want to. The only seniors of note that would be a loss would be Jeff Godfrey and the McCray twins. Dunston could be a loss, too.

That said, here goes:

Akron - W
@FIU - W
@Penn State - W (I could go either way on this, but PSU is going to really start feeling the effects of their NCAA sanctions this year)
South Carolina - L
@Memphis - W
@Louisville - L
Connecticut - L (I think we have a letdown after a tough loss to Louisville)
Houston - W
@Temple - L (again, I could go either way here, I think this game is lost if we have no postseason)
Rutgers - L
USF - W (only because they have no QB and I think we can get up for this game, regardless of the postseason situation)
@SMU - L

So 6-6.

RE: 2013 Football Record Predictions - CommuterBob - 04-19-2013 04:06 PM

(04-12-2013 09:57 AM)CommuterBob Wrote:  Winning the appeal would be awesome, but frankly I have serious doubts that we will. So I will base my predictions on that. Losing the appeal means that we are banned from the postseason this year and seniors can transfer if they want to. The only seniors of note that would be a loss would be Jeff Godfrey and the McCray twins. Dunston could be a loss, too.

That said, here goes:

Akron - W
@FIU - W
@Penn State - W (I could go either way on this, but PSU is going to really start feeling the effects of their NCAA sanctions this year)
South Carolina - L
@Memphis - W
@Louisville - L
Houston - W
@Temple - L (again, I could go either way here, I think this game is lost if we have no postseason)
Rutgers - L
USF - W (only because they have no QB and I think we can get up for this game, regardless of the postseason situation)
@SMU - L

So 6-6.

OK, now that we've won the appeal (and I've never been happier to be wrong in my life), I'll revise my predictions:

Akron - W
@FIU - W
@PSU - W
South Carolina - L
@Memphis - W
@Louisville - L
Connecticut - W
Houston - W
@Temple - W
Rutgers - W
USF - W
@SMU - W

10 - 2 and a huge bowl game.

RE: 2013 Football Record Predictions - Kruciff - 04-21-2013 04:48 PM

(04-19-2013 04:06 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 09:57 AM)CommuterBob Wrote:  Winning the appeal would be awesome, but frankly I have serious doubts that we will. So I will base my predictions on that. Losing the appeal means that we are banned from the postseason this year and seniors can transfer if they want to. The only seniors of note that would be a loss would be Jeff Godfrey and the McCray twins. Dunston could be a loss, too.

That said, here goes:

Akron - W
@FIU - W
South Carolina - L
@Memphis - W
@Louisville - L
Houston - W
Rutgers - L
@SMU - L

So 6-6.

OK, now that we've won the appeal (and I've never been happier to be wrong in my life), I'll revise my predictions:

Akron - W
@FIU - W
@PSU - W
South Carolina - L
@Memphis - W
@Louisville - L
Connecticut - W
Houston - W
@Temple - W
Rutgers - W
USF - W
@SMU - W

10 - 2 and a huge bowl game.

If we can win one of those L's... and stick to 11-1 I will be exceptionally happy.

However, it is ever more likely than ever that we drop a game that we shouldn't considering our former 5 game bye weeks (UTEP, UAB, Marshall... etc) are no longer on the schedule.

I'd love 10-2. That means we got the job done and beat those who we were supposed and achieved a couple of underdog wins.

RE: 2013 Football Record Predictions - chrisiskingx - 06-30-2013 12:21 PM

(04-11-2013 10:24 PM)knightmare2014 Wrote:  UCF goes 12-0, wins the AAC title and makes up for all the losses to USF by winning 87-0

LOL. That'd be fantastic.

I see UCF pulling the upset on Penn State, that's the big W of the year...Lville is a hit or miss but I definitely want to make the trip up for that game

RE: 2013 Football Record Predictions - sierrajip - 08-04-2013 08:37 PM

A really good season:
Akron - W
@FIU - W
@PSU - W
South Carolina - L
@Memphis - W
@Louisville - W
Connecticut - W
Houston - W
@Temple - W
Rutgers - L
USF - W
@SMU - W
I think 8-4 (UL & USF losses) is more realistic.

RE: 2013 Football Record Predictions - jaredf29 - 08-06-2013 03:50 PM

I say 8-4 with losses at USC, penn state, Rutgers, and Louisville. If he loses to usf he'd better resign before the final tick of the clock.

RE: 2013 Football Record Predictions - sierrajip - 08-07-2013 12:11 AM

After going 0-5, I would like to see that verrrrrry much. You can't beat a rival in 5 tries, why are you there.

RE: 2013 Football Record Predictions - Inigo - 08-13-2013 10:33 AM

Akron - W
at FIU - W
at PSU - W
S. Carolina - L
at Memphis - W
at U of L - L
UConn - W
Houston - W
at Temple - W
Rutgers - L
USF - W