CSNbbs
Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Bennie Coney finally seeing the light (/thread-629033.html)

Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - pauldehnerjr - 04-10-2013 07:00 AM

Put together this feature on redshirt freshman QB Bennie Coney. Interesting backstory and could be the QB of the future for UC:

http://www.gobearcats.com/blog/2013/04/qb-bennie-coney-finally-seeing-the-light.html

Plus, some extras from him and QB coach Darin Hinshaw:

http://www.gobearcats.com/blog/2013/04/extra-extra-bennie-coney-feature.html

RE: Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - Kco17 - 04-10-2013 08:06 AM

Great article Paul. Thanks for sharing.

RE: Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - Major ----de Coverley - 04-10-2013 10:32 AM

In a perfect world either Coney or Norvell will be the backup once the season starts and that TT does a better job than Butch
in giving the backup snaps when the game is well in hand. Certainly would set up 2014 better than wasting the snaps on
Munchie.

RE: Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - Racinejake - 04-10-2013 10:36 AM

(04-10-2013 10:32 AM)Major ----de Coverley Wrote:  In a perfect world either Coney or Norvell will be the backup once the season starts and that TT does a better job than Butch
in giving the backup snaps when the game is well in hand. Certainly would set up 2014 better than wasting the snaps on
Munchie.

I feel the same way. We need a guy who has actually taken a snap in a game going into next year. Not to mention we're going to Ohio State in 2014. And putting them in during the 4th quarter to hand off 15 straight times to the 5th string RB doesn't count.

RE: Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - cinbinsportsfan - 04-10-2013 11:13 AM

(04-10-2013 10:36 AM)Racinejake Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 10:32 AM)Major ----de Coverley Wrote:  In a perfect world either Coney or Norvell will be the backup once the season starts and that TT does a better job than Butch
Munchie.

I feel the same way. We need a guy who has actually taken a snap in a game going into next year. Not to mention we're going to Ohio State in 2014. And putting them in during the 4th quarter to hand off 15 straight times to the 5th string RB doesn't count.

I was actually okay with the backup quarterbacks in Jones/Bajakian's system handing the ball off in garbage time because they were so integral in Cincinnati's running game. They had to make the proper read of the defensive end otherwise the entire play would get blown up. Getting that practice in live-game situations was valuable to their development in their system.

RE: Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - Ring of Black - 04-10-2013 11:26 AM

(04-10-2013 11:13 AM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  I was actually okay with the backup quarterbacks in Jones/Bajakian's system handing the ball off in garbage time because they were so integral in Cincinnati's running game. They had to make the proper read of the defensive end otherwise the entire play would get blown up. Getting that practice in live-game situations was valuable to their development in their system.

They have to be able to throw too. Both aspects of the offense could have easily been worked.

RE: Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - cinbinsportsfan - 04-10-2013 11:28 AM

(04-10-2013 11:26 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 11:13 AM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  I was actually okay with the backup quarterbacks in Jones/Bajakian's system handing the ball off in garbage time because they were so integral in Cincinnati's running game. They had to make the proper read of the defensive end otherwise the entire play would get blown up. Getting that practice in live-game situations was valuable to their development in their system.

They have to be able to throw too.

No I get that. I'm just rationalizing why Jones/Bajakian made them run so often.

RE: Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - cpawfan - 04-10-2013 11:28 AM

(04-10-2013 11:26 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  

They have to be able to throw too.

05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot but they weren't allowed to throw because they might look better than Munchie 03-shhhh 03-lmfao

RE: Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - coachpipe - 04-10-2013 12:03 PM

I still cant get over these names...Munchie? every time I hear it I laugh..And how fitting for a QB in Cincinnati to be named Coney. Does skyline or goldstar sponsor UC at all? If not maybe they should start.

Or better yet, how about Camp Washinton Chili

RE: Bennie Coney finally seeing the light - bctn8n - 04-10-2013 12:40 PM

(04-10-2013 12:03 PM)coachpipe Wrote:  I still cant get over these names...Munchie? every time I hear it I laugh..And how fitting for a QB in Cincinnati to be named Coney. Does skyline or goldstar sponsor UC at all? If not maybe they should start.

Or better yet, how about Camp Washinton Chili

Skyline sponsors the Crosstown "Classic". Bennie "Cheese" Coney.