CSNbbs
American Athletic Conference - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: American Athletic Conference (/thread-628042.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: American Athletic Conference - panicstricken - 04-03-2013 06:32 PM

My wife who knows next to nothing about college sports just laughed when I told her the name.

I hope people call it the AAC and not The American.

Oh well

RE: American Athletic Conference - FIUFan - 04-03-2013 06:32 PM

(04-03-2013 05:58 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Honestly. This conference has the most uncanny ability to form a circular firing sqaud for virtually every major decision. We literally named ourseves C-USA. ANNNND--we are not even friggin smart enough to at least use the acronym (which is decent) for branding. Instead, we are going to push the CUSA in our C-USA clone name. We are literally led by the dumbest smart folks ever assembled. Im sure we are currently in serious discussions with UAB. At this point, Im ready for the Big-10 to nuke the ACC. Make this crap end.

Yep. Everytime someone says 'who's the American Athletic Confernce' the answer will be the old C-USA guys. The Go5 is getting more horizontal by the day.

RE: American Athletic Conference - Bull - 04-03-2013 06:34 PM

(04-03-2013 05:10 PM)Lord2FLI Wrote:  Sounds like a mid-major trying to be the ACC 03-lmfao05-stirthepot

Exactly. So we have the A-C-C... and we name ourselves the A-A-C.

And the American part is just a rehash of cUSA.

Totally stupid. We needed a unique name.

RE: American Athletic Conference - Memphis Blazer - 04-03-2013 06:34 PM

(04-03-2013 05:58 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Honestly. This conference has the most uncanny ability to form a circular firing sqaud for virtually every major decision. We literally named ourseves C-USA. ANNNND--we are not even friggin smart enough to at least use the acronym (which is decent) for branding. Instead, we are going to push the CUSA in our C-USA clone name. We are literally led by the dumbest smart folks ever assembled. Im sure we are currently in serious discussions with UAB. At this point, Im ready for the Big-10 to nuke the ACC. Make this crap end.

The nice thing for you is that you already have the conference name built into your screen name.

RE: American Athletic Conference - Comet - 04-03-2013 06:35 PM

I like it actually

RE: American Athletic Conference - BigOwensboroCard - 04-03-2013 06:36 PM

I would like to know exactly how much research was done on this name, and just how much they paid the firm to come up with it. I think this name screams nothing more than CUSA.2 new and improved. I really think the name they leaked a few weeks ago is much better along with its acronym to boot America12 , A12 or AXII is better than American Athletic Conference. Hell Eastern Athletic Conference sounds badass in comparison, not to mention EAC looks cool and sounds really old just like the SEC, ACC and BigTen. I honestly think we could have polled a group of us regulars and come up with a much better name. This is a horrible choice that would have been better served if launched April 1st as a good joke.

RE: American Athletic Conference - Bull - 04-03-2013 06:40 PM

No one calls the ACC the Atlantic Coast Conference... no one calls the SEC the Southeastern Conference. Acronyms RULE college football... and we just picked an anagram/homonym sounding clone of our biggest competitor. @#$%@#$^@

We were wondering how come our leaders lead us to disaster over the last year... making excuses for them, etc. Well, maybe they really DON"T know what they are doing up there.

RE: American Athletic Conference - Stardust - 04-03-2013 06:41 PM

While I was hoping for Eastern Athletic Conference, I can live with the AAC. With that said, I hope we are not referred to as "The American".

RE: American Athletic Conference - Jugnaut - 04-03-2013 06:42 PM

Just when I thought they couldn't do any worse than the "America 12" they go and surprise me like this. What a stupid f**king name.

Any of the following would have been much better:
Metro East
East Coast Conference
Eastern 12
Metro 12

RE: American Athletic Conference - panicstricken - 04-03-2013 06:45 PM

You would think they wouldve at least checked the websites before doing this.

Not to mention the AAC mark which is probably owned by the Appalachian conference.

RE: American Athletic Conference - shere khan - 04-03-2013 06:46 PM

(04-03-2013 06:32 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  My wife who knows next to nothing about college sports just laughed when I told her the name.

Oh well

if nothing else happens we are no longer in the awkward sounding hyphentated c-usa which has conference at the beginning rather that the end. it always sounded like the french soccer league..... after ze c-usa tournament meet me at ze chef phillpe, monsuer.

plus we are no longer associated with the big least, a conference known for running off good football teams, making awful business decisions, and now banished to the purgatory known as fox sports.

RE: American Athletic Conference - pearland1 - 04-03-2013 06:46 PM

It's fine time move on now!!!!

(04-03-2013 06:46 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 06:32 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  My wife who knows next to nothing about college sports just laughed when I told her the name.

Oh well

it could have been worse. it could be C-USA.

if nothing else happens we are no longer in the awkward sounding hyphentated c-usa which has conference at the beginning rather that the end. it always sounded like the french soccer league..... after ze c-usa tournament meet me at ze chef phillpe, monsuer.

plus we are no longer associated with the big least, a conference known for running off good football teams, making awful business decisions, and now banished to the purgatory known as fox sports.

RE: American Athletic Conference - Bull - 04-03-2013 06:48 PM

"The American" sounds like some old John Wayne movie...

RE: American Athletic Conference - jlbphila - 04-03-2013 06:48 PM

Bunch a crying ******* on this board. The name is fine.

One thing alot of people is missing is it doesn't sound as if Aresco is ruling out a future coast to coast league. Aspirational?

RE: American Athletic Conference - mwp1023 - 04-03-2013 06:51 PM

[Image: 2d2.jpg]

RE: American Athletic Conference - panicstricken - 04-03-2013 06:51 PM

I agree with most of that except the awful business decisions part

I own a company. When I decided to brand it I did some basic things like checking the domain names available.

AAC.com directs you to the American airlines center.

Aacsports. Taken.

Just sloppy. The fact that they hired someone that didn't check on things like this is criminal.

RE: American Athletic Conference - pzz189 - 04-03-2013 06:53 PM

http://www.aacsports.org/ is available.................

RE: American Athletic Conference - lollaperuna - 04-03-2013 06:53 PM

I would love to address the brainiacs that came up with this and say REALLY? THE AMERICAN is the best you could do?

RE: American Athletic Conference - shere khan - 04-03-2013 06:54 PM

(04-03-2013 06:51 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  I agree with most of that except the awful business decisions part

I own a company. When I decided to brand it I did some basic things like checking the domain names available.

AAC.com directs you to the American airlines center.

Aacsports. Taken.

Just sloppy. The fact that they hired someone that didn't check on things like this is criminal.

turning down a one billion dollar tv deal was a pretty bad business decision. there is a long article about how the big east leadership thought they could handle the risk.... what idiots.

RE: American Athletic Conference - DonnyMost - 04-03-2013 06:58 PM

I cannot believe they went with a CUSA knockoff.