CSNbbs
GSU vs GSU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+----- Forum: Sun Belt Smack Talk (/forum-309.html)
+----- Thread: GSU vs GSU (/thread-627651.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

GSU vs GSU - SkullyMaroo - 04-01-2013 04:02 PM

This thread will probably end up on the smack board, but it's awfully confusing to see people reference being a "GSU" fan and you don't know which school they are talking about. So you scroll up and look at the "Who I root for" underneath their name for clarification and a lot of times it still only says "GSU". Can we please find a way to make sure everyone knows who you a fan of? And when you reference "GSU" in posts can you make it clear which school you are talking about? Maybe spell out the school name?

This thread isn't to debate which school is GSU but to help outside fans figure out which school you're referring to. Thanks in advance.

RE: GSU vs GSU - Panthersville - 04-01-2013 04:07 PM

Easy solution: we go by what our school says we should go by. This is why stAte and App. St. don't have this problem - neither of their fans are clinging to something just to be areshats about it.

http://www.gsu.edu

RE: GSU vs GSU - TheEagleWay - 04-01-2013 04:24 PM

Skully, you won't be able to solve this.

I also don't want to start a flame war about an acronym that is used by multiple fan bases. You go to gameday at both schools, you will hear that very acronym.

Southern fans are not balking at State fans using GSU, it's really a none issue.

RE: GSU vs GSU - mathenis89 - 04-01-2013 04:26 PM

(04-01-2013 04:02 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  This thread will probably end up on the smack board, but it's awfully confusing to see people reference being a "GSU" fan and you don't know which school they are talking about. So you scroll up and look at the "Who I root for" underneath their name for clarification and a lot of times it still only says "GSU". Can we please find a way to make sure everyone knows who you a fan of? And when you reference "GSU" in posts can you make it clear which school you are talking about? Maybe spell out the school name?

This thread isn't to debate which school is GSU but to help outside fans figure out which school you're referring to. Thanks in advance.

ESPN3 will more than likely solve it. When ESPN televises a game, the acronym used there will forever be what the school is known by.

For my purposes, GaSo and GaSt are what I use.

RE: GSU vs GSU - Usajags - 04-01-2013 04:31 PM

(04-01-2013 04:26 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 04:02 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  This thread will probably end up on the smack board, but it's awfully confusing to see people reference being a "GSU" fan and you don't know which school they are talking about. So you scroll up and look at the "Who I root for" underneath their name for clarification and a lot of times it still only says "GSU". Can we please find a way to make sure everyone knows who you a fan of? And when you reference "GSU" in posts can you make it clear which school you are talking about? Maybe spell out the school name?

ESPN3 will more than likely solve it. When ESPN televises a game, the acronym used there will forever be what the school is known by.

And this is why I am a "SAL" fan.....

RE: GSU vs GSU - mathenis89 - 04-01-2013 04:33 PM

(04-01-2013 04:31 PM)Usajags Wrote:  

I was specifically referring to GaSo and GaSt. But SAL has a nice ring to it 03-razz

RE: GSU vs GSU - SkullyMaroo - 04-01-2013 04:37 PM

(04-01-2013 04:33 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  

I was specifically referring to GaSo and GaSt. But SAL has a nice ring to it 03-razz

SAL and WKY go hand and hand. :)

RE: GSU vs GSU - mathenis89 - 04-01-2013 04:43 PM

(04-01-2013 04:37 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

Think we're WKU on ESPN now.

RE: GSU vs GSU - GSU Eagles - 04-01-2013 04:45 PM

Go to gsufans.com

RE: GSU vs GSU - SkullyMaroo - 04-01-2013 04:47 PM

(04-01-2013 04:43 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 04:26 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  ESPN3 will more than likely solve it. When ESPN televises a game, the acronym used there will forever be what the school is known by.

And we're typically S. Alabama now.

RE: GSU vs GSU - mathenis89 - 04-01-2013 04:49 PM

(04-01-2013 04:47 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 04:43 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 04:31 PM)Usajags Wrote:  And this is why I am a "SAL" fan.....

And we're typically S. Alabama now.

Picked a random game. On Espn.com, you're USA

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=323262247

Don't remember what you are during games.

Edit: And I just noticed Georgia State on there.

Georgia State: Forever known as GAST

GSU vs GSU - Journeyman22 - 04-01-2013 06:38 PM

(04-01-2013 04:45 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Go to gsufans.com

No thanks.

RE: GSU vs GSU - Walter Sobchak - 04-01-2013 06:40 PM

(04-01-2013 06:38 PM)Journeyman22 Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 04:45 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  Go to gsufans.com

No thanks.
Hahahaha. Good call.

Re: GSU vs GSU - Eagle's Cliff - 04-01-2013 07:40 PM

There's about 13 fans on Panther talk for whom GSU immediately means GAST along with several homeless people and crackheads who live on "campus".

I don't really care. Ga Southern is recognizable outside the state but Georgia media in Augusta, Macon, Columbus, and in South Georgia use GSU to refer to Ga Southern. I'm not sure too many people in the state outside Atlanta even know there is a Georgia State and almost certainly have no idea they play college football - why would they?

GSU vs GSU - Dukes09 - 04-01-2013 07:42 PM

Real GSU = Georgia Southern
Fake GSU = Georgia State

RE: GSU vs GSU - GSU Eagles - 04-01-2013 07:43 PM

(04-01-2013 07:40 PM)Eagles Cliff Wrote:  There's about 13 fans on Panther talk for whom GSU immediately means GAST along with several homeless people and crackheads who live on "campus".

I don't really care. Ga Southern is recognizable outside the state but Georgia media in Augusta, Macon, Columbus, and in South Georgia use GSU to refer to Ga Southern. I'm not sure too many people in the state outside Atlanta even know there is a Georgia State and almost certainly have no idea they play college football - why would they?

Did you screen this post by the Ga Southern band mods (Eaglewraith, eagle way)? I guess they think the current board mods can't do their job. Total disrespect for the mods.

RE: GSU vs GSU - Walter Sobchak - 04-01-2013 08:01 PM

Cliffy don't like them thar city folk.
Cliff, you do realize the entire point of moving up is to attract more students from out of state, right? Even, god forbid, more yankees? I would like to apologize to the board for Cliffy making Ga Southern look like a bunch of backwards red necks.

RE: GSU vs GSU - GSUhooligan - 04-01-2013 08:04 PM

If you want to buy GSU gear, go to http://www.gsustore.com

Re: RE: GSU vs GSU - southern edumacation - 04-01-2013 08:05 PM

(04-01-2013 07:43 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 07:40 PM)Eagles Cliff Wrote:  There's about 13 fans on Panther talk for whom GSU immediately means GAST along with several homeless people and crackheads who live on "campus".

Did you screen this post by the Ga Southern band mods (Eaglewraith, eagle way)? I guess they think the current board mods can't do their job. Total disrespect for the mods.

Would you like a written apology?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

RE: GSU vs GSU - Wonmoretime - 04-01-2013 08:07 PM

I liked GSU for my Eagles until Georgia State lost to Lambuth and then went 1-10. After that I decided they could keep it because I didn't want anybody to confuse us with that.