CSNbbs
CBS: MVC looking at Missouri-Kansas City - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Inactive Areas (/forum-770.html)
+--- Forum: MVCbbs (/forum-606.html)
+---- Forum: MVC Conference Talk (/forum-607.html)
+----- Forum: MVC Conference Talk (/forum-610.html)
+----- Thread: CBS: MVC looking at Missouri-Kansas City (/thread-627462.html)

CBS: MVC looking at Missouri-Kansas City - EPJr - 03-31-2013 07:17 PM

[Image: site-logo.png]

CBS: MVC looking at Missouri-Kansas City

The Missouri Valley Conference has looked at UMKC as a possible replacement for recently departed Creighton, a source with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com

While interest in UMKC was termed perhaps preliminary at best and in the early stages at the moment, the conference is actively seeking what most likely will be a Midwest replacement for Creighton, which announced earlier this month it is leaving for the Big East.

Other schools mentioned for the Valley -- Belmont and Oral Roberts -- aren't believed to be serious candidates at the moment.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21983753/missouri-kansas-city-gets-looks-from-missouri-valley

RE: CBS: MVC looking at Missouri-Kansas City - Downtown Shocker Brown - 03-31-2013 07:35 PM

Many are hoping we go with 9 vs. taking someone just to take someone.

Hope we wait, or that WSU uses this Final Four run to move up like Bitler and VCU.

RE: CBS: MVC looking at Missouri-Kansas City - SubGod22 - 04-01-2013 09:02 AM

The MVC is looking at a number of schools and covering all bases. UMKC doesn't stand a chance in hell of getting in. I'm a little surprised that they're even wasting their time with the Roos, but this is Elgin and company we're talking about.

RE: CBS: MVC looking at Missouri-Kansas City - TC4TC - 04-02-2013 11:31 AM

(04-01-2013 09:02 AM)SubGod22 Wrote:  The MVC is looking at a number of schools and covering all bases. UMKC doesn't stand a chance in hell of getting in. I'm a little surprised that they're even wasting their time with the Roos, but this is Elgin and company we're talking about.

That is what worries me, that Elgin will recommend the easy path and not 'reach' for a bigger fish. I think Kangaroos is a cool mascot name but would rather only see them in the McLeod as a buy game.

RE: CBS: MVC looking at Missouri-Kansas City - SubGod22 - 04-02-2013 01:32 PM

I've often though UMKC should be better than they are. There's a lot of talent around them, but until they dedicate themselves to playing with the big boys, they'll remain crap. If they're willing to invest and start to make improvements over the next 5 years and look like they're moving forward like Denver and Arlington have, then I may consider them down the road as a possible 11th or 12th member. But with the way things are......