CSNbbs
OT: UT disc jockey Steubenville twitter comments spark outrage - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: OT: UT disc jockey Steubenville twitter comments spark outrage (/thread-625129.html)

OT: UT disc jockey Steubenville twitter comments spark outrage - SylvaniaRocket - 03-19-2013 01:04 PM

Toledo in the news...for the wrong reason.

http://www.toledoblade.com/TV-Radio/2013/03/19/UT-disc-jockey-s-Steubenville-Twitter-comments-sparks-outrage.html

OT: UT disc jockey Steubenville twitter comments spark outrage - adunifon - 03-19-2013 01:09 PM

He's toast.

RE: OT: UT disc jockey Steubenville twitter comments spark outrage - flying dutchman - 03-19-2013 01:19 PM

He's gone

RE: OT: UT disc jockey Steubenville twitter comments spark outrage - Redwingtom - 03-19-2013 01:32 PM

Wow. I'd like to say this is rare for people to make a comment like that or actually feel that way, but sadly, it isn't.

RE: OT: UT disc jockey Steubenville twitter comments spark outrage - MidnightBlueGold - 03-19-2013 01:36 PM

And the sad thing is, I have seen a number of people thinking along the same lines that he is. Just because the victim was under the influence of alcohol while underage does not mean that people could do what ever they wanted to her. It's like people are making the 2 rapists out to be the victims in this. That is just disgusting. The old adage, "Two wrongs don't make a right" definitely applies to this.

RE: OT: UT disc jockey Steubenville twitter comments spark outrage - Photodan - 03-19-2013 02:55 PM

Never say anything on the internet that you wouldn't shout from the rooftops. That said, BREAKING NEWS: Someone said something incredibly stupid on the internet. Time to overreact.

RE: OT: UT disc jockey Steubenville twitter comments spark outrage - eastisbest - 03-19-2013 04:27 PM

(03-19-2013 02:55 PM)Photodan Wrote:  Never say anything on the internet that you wouldn't shout from the rooftops. That said, BREAKING NEWS: Someone said something incredibly stupid on the internet. Time to overreact.

This is really not an overreaction. Not this thread anyhow.

Anonymously threatening violence to the DJ? Well, would I trust those people to be any different than the ones who did the original crime? No, I wouldn't.

RE: OT: UT disc jockey Steubenville twitter comments spark outrage - NewMex RocketFan - 03-21-2013 11:39 AM

First rule of being a successful "shock jock" is NOT being STUPID.