CSNbbs
Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC (/thread-624138.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - NIU1981 - 03-15-2013 08:50 AM

Hot stuff from the main board:

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=623810

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - BarsemaBone2 - 03-15-2013 08:54 AM

WKU, yes please.

The other 2...eh...

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - NorthHuskie - 03-15-2013 09:06 AM

There was a stretch where we played Arkansas State for 6-7 years in a row for football (90s). They have a good fan base and travel well for bowl games. They would be a good addition.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - Dog Fan - 03-15-2013 09:13 AM

Well, at least we'd have some better home games.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - niuco90 - 03-15-2013 09:13 AM

Good luck traveling to those away games. No thanks.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - HuskieRak - 03-15-2013 09:14 AM

I'd rather join the conference formerly known as the Big East. 05-stirthepot

At least add an FIU or FAU.. My travel budget is $0 and I want to see more games! Orange Bowl made me realize how much I miss NIU football :(

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - Dog Fan - 03-15-2013 09:21 AM

(03-15-2013 09:14 AM)HuskieRak Wrote:  I'd rather join the conference formerly known as the Big East. 05-stirthepot

At least add an FIU or FAU.. My travel budget is $0 and I want to see more games! Orange Bowl made me realize how much I miss NIU football :(

Simple solution: Move to Illinois. We need your tax revenue, anyay.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - HuskieJohn - 03-15-2013 09:30 AM

Long story short... The conference members cannot agree on what teams to add...even though they really don't need to at this time. WKY is unhappy without Midd Tenn and ULL & stAte are unhappy with adding FCS schools on the East coast. NM St and Idaho are part of the discussion for the Sun Belt.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - HuskieJohn - 03-15-2013 09:34 AM

(03-15-2013 09:13 AM)niuco90 Wrote:  Good luck traveling to those away games. No thanks.

Like we really have a fanbase that shows up to home game...now we are going to worry about adding a team because it will be difficult for our fanbase to travel to?

Really do we have that many people that go to our CMU, EMU & Toledo games now?

Side note
I really wish that our WMU and Ball St games alternated years. That way our fans could get 1 close away game per year. Instead this year CMU is the close game.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - HuskieJohn - 03-15-2013 09:35 AM

(03-15-2013 09:06 AM)NorthHuskie Wrote:  There was a stretch where we played Arkansas State for 6-7 years in a row for football (90s). They have a good fan base and travel well for bowl games. They would be a good addition.

We played ULL during that same time.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - sterling1man - 03-15-2013 09:52 AM

I think any of these teams would be far stronger then UMASS and Eastern Michigan.
We no longer have a school way down South. (Marshall UCF etc).

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - huskiebob - 03-15-2013 10:04 AM

(03-15-2013 09:34 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(03-15-2013 09:13 AM)niuco90 Wrote:  Good luck traveling to those away games. No thanks.

Like we really have a fanbase that shows up to home game...now we are going to worry about adding a team because it will be difficult for our fanbase to travel to?

Really do we have that many people that go to our CMU, EMU & Toledo games now?

+1

The ONLY MAC game we travel well to is Western Michigan.

While ULL would be a long trip, going to Jonesboro to play Ark. State would be about the same as Athens, Ohio (and still shorter than a trip to Buffalo).

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - HuskieTap22 - 03-15-2013 10:18 AM

Any immediate move the MAC makes should center around 1.) Getting rid of EMU or at least forcing them to drop football 2.) Forcing UMass all sports. Their value to the conference is on the hoops side and really doesn't do the MAC much good when hoops play elsewhere.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - sterling1man - 03-15-2013 10:24 AM

(03-15-2013 10:18 AM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  Any immediate move the MAC makes should center around 1.) Getting rid of EMU or at least forcing them to drop football 2.) Forcing UMass all sports. Their value to the conference is on the hoops side and really doesn't do the MAC much good when hoops play elsewhere.

+1000

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - ADOG05 - 03-15-2013 10:28 AM

I like the addition of Ark St. and WKU to the MAC. ULL, ehh. These teams will make the MAC a stronger conference. Need to get rid of EMU and UMass. I am still a firm believer that the "America 12" or whatever it will be called is a good move for NIU. However, I don't see NIU leaving the MAC, so welcome Ark St., WKU, and ULL to the MAC (whenever the possible move occurs).

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - HuskieJohn - 03-15-2013 10:38 AM

(03-15-2013 10:28 AM)ADOG05 Wrote:  I like the addition of Ark St. and WKU to the MAC. ULL, ehh. These teams will make the MAC a stronger conference. Need to get rid of EMU and UMass. I am still a firm believer that the "America 12" or whatever it will be called is a good move for NIU. However, I don't see NIU leaving the MAC, so welcome Ark St., WKU, and ULL to the MAC (whenever the possible move occurs).

Not at this point.

They have to lower their entry fee to 1mil from 2.5mil.
They have to bring 3 other MAC schools with us.

UMASS may be leaving us for the nBE in 2015. That would improve our football conference ranking and adding stAte and ULL would help bring it up even more.

I am still not sure about this WKY talk. Everything I read has them going to CUSA once Tulsa announces that they are joining the nBE.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - HuskiePride12 - 03-15-2013 10:55 AM

(03-15-2013 10:18 AM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  Any immediate move the MAC makes should center around 1.) Getting rid of EMU or at least forcing them to drop football 2.) Forcing UMass all sports. Their value to the conference is on the hoops side and really doesn't do the MAC much good when hoops play elsewhere.

Wait for it... someone is going to come in and say don't forget the days where we had a 20game or something long losing streak. College football didn't revolve around money then like it does today. I'm all for EMU getting the boot.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - HuskieFan84 - 03-15-2013 11:22 AM

EMU was just .500 in conference play just a year ago. You don't have to talk about where we were 20 years ago.. you can talk about where they were just recently.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - HuskieBowWow - 03-15-2013 11:24 AM

(03-15-2013 10:55 AM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  

Wait for it... someone is going to come in and say don't forget the days where we had a 20game or something long losing streak. College football didn't revolve around money then like it does today. I'm all for EMU getting the boot.

By that logic, NIU should become a FB only member of the MAC. The rest of our sports pretty much suck. Despite EMU's poor FB program, its still better than NIU's wretched BB program.

RE: Rumors of Ark State, WKU and Louisiana-Lafayette to the MAC - HuskieJohn - 03-15-2013 11:24 AM

(03-15-2013 11:22 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  EMU was just .500 in conference play just a year ago. You don't have to talk about where we were 20 years ago.. you can talk about where they were just recently.

They did play 2 FCS teams that year.