CSNbbs
Who is your Coach of the Year? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Who is your Coach of the Year? (/thread-623197.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Who is your Coach of the Year? - EagNBran - 03-10-2013 02:48 PM

Discuss.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - demiveeman - 03-10-2013 02:52 PM

Is there even more than one option this year?

I think not.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - MylesKnight - 03-10-2013 02:56 PM

It wasn't this "Coach"..

[Image: Jerry_Sandusky.jpg][/align]

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - Luckyshot - 03-10-2013 03:06 PM

(03-10-2013 02:52 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  Is there even more than one option this year?

I think not.

Memphis' Josh Pastner for going 16-0 in C-USA and a NCAA slot.

Southern Miss' Donnie Tyndall for taking a team picked 9th to a solid 2nd in the league and an outside bubble shot at the NCAAs in his 1st year with the program.

Tulsa's Danny Manning turning Tulsa around and garnering the Hurricane a winning season in his first year with the program.

ECU's Jeff Lebo for getting ECU their first ever winning season in C-USA.

UCF's Donnie Jones for managing a 3rd place finish in C-USA and 20 wins in a season where the team had no post-season to play for.

There's 5 :) Any I should've included? The other teams were either very sporadic or underachieving in my eyes.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - UofMemphis - 03-10-2013 03:09 PM

I said it when Cal did it...any coach whose team goes undefeated should get COY...16-0

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - oldtiger - 03-10-2013 03:12 PM

(03-10-2013 03:06 PM)Luckyshot Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 02:52 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  Is there even more than one option this year?

I think not.

Memphis' Josh Pastner for going 16-0 in C-USA and a NCAA slot.

Southern Miss' Donnie Tyndall for taking a team picked 9th to a solid 2nd in the league and an outside bubble shot at the NCAAs in his 1st year with the program.

Tulsa's Danny Manning turning Tulsa around and garnering the Hurricane a winning season in his first year with the program.

ECU's Jeff Lebo for getting ECU their first ever winning season in C-USA.

UCF's Donnie Jones for managing a 3rd place finish in C-USA and 20 wins in a season where the team had no post-season to play for.

There's 5 :) Any I should've included? The other teams were either very sporadic or underachieving in my eyes.

It has to be between the first 2 you've mentioned. I don't see how the others are close, at least for this season.

I've got a choice made, and it was close. However in all honesty, my personal bias prevents me from making that choice objectively.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - TulsaEye - 03-10-2013 03:18 PM

Danny Manning had one of the tougher roads to pave. Just not enough players all year to either play or practice. Just amazing that Tulsa was able to receive one of the byes in the tournament his first year. Not saying Manning is more deserving than Memphis Coach Pastner. Pastner did have more resources to achieve his 16-0 record. 03-idea 05-stirthepot

Fixed my bad.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - shyminer - 03-10-2013 03:33 PM

Pastner, no discussion needed...

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - UofMemphis - 03-10-2013 03:40 PM

(03-10-2013 03:18 PM)TulsaEye Wrote:  Danny Manning had one of the tougher roads to pave. Just not enough players all year to either play or practice. Just amazing that Tulsa was able to receive one of the byes in the tournament his first year. Not saying Manning is more deserving than Memphis Coach Cal. Cal did have more resources to achieve his 16-0 record. 03-idea 05-stirthepot

Last I checked, Cal is in Lexington ky

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - StillJonesing - 03-10-2013 03:46 PM

It's not Lebo. You leave an all conference talent on the bench like Richmond cost us and probably still wouldn't have played him unless 2 season ending injuries happen and you don't deserve to sniff coach of the year IMO.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - Tulsafanzz - 03-10-2013 04:07 PM

(03-10-2013 03:09 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  I said it when Cal did it...any coach whose team goes undefeated should get COY...16-0

^^ this ^^

I think Danny Manning did a great job, but 16-0 says it all.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - PureGold - 03-10-2013 04:13 PM

Pastner went 16-0 with a team that was already talented to begin with and predicted to go first in the league again.

Tyndall took a very undersized team with among the least D1 experience in the country that was predicted toward the bottom of the league to a solid second place.

It's a matter of opinion on which is more impressive. I think the more impressive is Tyndall's.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - MylesKnight - 03-10-2013 04:20 PM

Donnie Jones should have been FIRED for what took place.. COTY?? Hahaha!!

I am a UCF Alum, and that's my opinion on the matter. Period.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - gs_pirate - 03-10-2013 04:21 PM

(03-10-2013 03:46 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  It's not Lebo. You leave an all conference talent on the bench like Richmond that cost us some wins, and probably still wouldn't have played him unless 2 season ending injuries happen and you don't deserve to sniff coach of the year IMO.

Still carrying the torch eh. You are a sickening pathetic person.

Your so not missed on the Rivals board you were banned from.

For the record, this piece of crap was banned for calling one of our player a bum, and his continuous degrading of ECU Administration , Coaching staff and select players. This was not a one time occurrence. It was in every game thread.

Whatever pathetic excuse he uses why he can't post there anymore is a fabrication.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - Eagle in the gym - 03-10-2013 04:21 PM

(03-10-2013 03:06 PM)Luckyshot Wrote:  

I think not.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJ5iVzwymrOQNJi6CpP8T...lAQKjQ6dB8]

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - MylesKnight - 03-10-2013 04:23 PM

It's Pastner by the way.. Donnie Tyndall a strong number two.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - DaSaintFan - 03-10-2013 04:24 PM

(03-10-2013 04:13 PM)PureGold Wrote:  Pastner went 16-0 with a team that was already talented to begin with and predicted to go first in the league again.

Tyndall took a very undersized team with among the least D1 experience in the country that was predicted toward the bottom of the league to a solid second place.

It's a matter of opinion on which is more impressive. I think the more impressive is Tyndall's.

I've got to say that I'm agreeing with Pure Gold... although I think Manning would have as a good argument as well as Tyndall.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - transitt - 03-10-2013 04:27 PM

(03-10-2013 04:21 PM)gs_pirate Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 03:46 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  It's not Lebo. You leave an all conference talent on the bench like Richmond that cost us some wins, and probably still wouldn't have played him unless 2 season ending injuries happen and you don't deserve to sniff coach of the year IMO.

Still carrying the torch eh. You are a sickening pathetic person.

Your so not missed on the Rivals board you were banned from.

For the record, this piece of crap was banned for calling one of our player a bum, and his continuous degrading of ECU Administration , Coaching staff and select players. This was not a one time occurrence. It was in every game thread.

Whatever pathetic excuse he uses why he can't post there anymore is a fabrication.

That cannot be true...because on here he basically claims that every player on the ECU roster should be an All American! 03-lmfao

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - RUNVSFD MINER - 03-10-2013 04:30 PM

Pastner's recruiting got him the 16-0 record, and will get him the COY.

RE: Who is your Coach of the Year? - UofMemphis - 03-10-2013 04:35 PM

(03-10-2013 04:13 PM)PureGold Wrote:  Pastner went 16-0 with a team that was already talented to begin with and predicted to go first in the league again.

so Memphis is to be punished for having the most talented team and following through with a perfect season?

Pastner recruited them...Pastner coached em...Pastner took them 16-0.