CSNbbs
Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Todd O'Brien's Revenge (/thread-621382.html)

Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Smaug - 03-01-2013 11:52 AM

Baseball Blazers take on those bastages outta St. Joe's at Young Field next Wednesday. Two games. First pitch, 3pm.

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Memphis Blazer - 03-01-2013 12:04 PM

Looking back on that whole episode, I still say there was something that was not made public. I don't think it reflects well on UAB and its coach at the time.

I think it might be related to the episode with Justin Knox at Alabama as well.

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 03-01-2013 12:12 PM

Since the St. Joe's coach was never forced to say why he blocked Todd from playing at UAB, there will always be fertile ground for a conspiracy opinion involving the BOT &/or AD staff since they were definitely involved with the Knox case. Bama's coach told Scarbo that he had nothing to do with blocking Knox from UAB -- that the decision came from "above me".

BTW, How is St. Joe's BB team doing this season?

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Smaug - 03-01-2013 12:24 PM

(03-01-2013 12:04 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Looking back on that whole episode, I still say there was something that was not made public. I don't think it reflects well on UAB and its coach at the time.

Could be. Either way, I think a kid got screwed.

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Memphis Blazer - 03-01-2013 12:46 PM

(03-01-2013 12:12 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Since the St. Joe's coach was never forced to say why he blocked Todd from playing at UAB, there will always be fertile ground for a conspiracy opinion involving the BOT &/or AD staff since they were definitely involved with the Knox case. Bama's coach told Scarbo that he had nothing to do with blocking Knox from UAB -- that the decision came from "above me".

The BoT had nothing to do with either case.

And I bet you can find your answer to your second question somewhere on the web. I believe I have heard about websites that list the results of scores. If only there was a website that would help you search for those websites.

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - blazers9911 - 03-01-2013 12:57 PM

(03-01-2013 12:04 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Looking back on that whole episode, I still say there was something that was not made public. I don't think it reflects well on UAB and its coach at the time.

I agree MB. I always thought there was another side to this story that we weren't hearing about. It sucks the kid lost his last year of eligibility, but there had to be some reason why.

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 03-01-2013 01:02 PM

(03-01-2013 12:46 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(03-01-2013 12:12 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Since the St. Joe's coach was never forced to say why he blocked Todd from playing at UAB, there will always be fertile ground for a conspiracy opinion involving the BOT &/or AD staff since they were definitely involved with the Knox case. Bama's coach told Scarbo that he had nothing to do with blocking Knox from UAB -- that the decision came from "above me".

The BoT had nothing to do with either case.

And you are so certain for what reason? The Bama BB coach said "above me" but did not say "how high above me". I do find it consistent with the BOT's "Body of work" since 2000, but perhaps carried out by the AD when they yanked his "strings".

And I best you can find your answer to your second question somewhere on the web. I believe I have heard about websites that list the results of scores. If only there was a website that would help you search for those websites.

Yes, i don't need your input to get the answer, if I really cared about what it was. I was just musing in thought and typing.

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Memphis Blazer - 03-01-2013 01:10 PM

(03-01-2013 01:02 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Yes, i don't need your input to get the answer, if I really cared about what it was. I was just musing in thought and typing.

Which is the equivalent of talking to yourself, I guess

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - LairDweller - 03-01-2013 01:18 PM

That's always been my opinion

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Matrix - 03-01-2013 01:53 PM

I'm going to at least one of the games during that home stand...Have a feeling some of the basketball faithful who remember this travesty will be there and make their presence known somehow...

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Memphis Blazer - 03-01-2013 01:57 PM

Just remember that the St. Joes baseball team had nothing to do with that "travesty".

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Smaug - 03-01-2013 02:01 PM

True, and didn't post this to throw stones at their baseball team.

I was actually feeling pretty whimsical when I posted this, and am beginning to wonder if I should regret it.

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Matrix - 03-01-2013 02:09 PM

(03-01-2013 01:57 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Just remember that the St. Joes baseball team had nothing to do with that "travesty".

I know that , & you know that, but who's to say someone else out there only sees 'St. Joe's', & that's it from there? Me, I'm rooting for my Blazers accordingly as I always do...I met some very classy people from the teams that have visited Young Memorial Field thus far this season.

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Matrix - 03-01-2013 02:10 PM

(03-01-2013 02:01 PM)Smaug Wrote:  True, and didn't post this to throw stones at their baseball team.

I was actually feeling pretty whimsical when I posted this, and am beginning to wonder if I should regret it.

Regret it? Naaahhh!!! If it were the basketball team...???

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - DragonClaw - 03-01-2013 02:49 PM

?gnirepmatzuwDMebtiduC

03-shhhh

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - KevMo4UAB - 03-01-2013 03:06 PM

St. Joseph's is 15-11 overall and 6-7 in the Atlantic 10. They are 2-4 over the last six games, but 5-5 over the last ten.

It appears the Atlantic 10 will be a different conference next year with so many schools moving on to other conferences.

RE: Todd O'Brien's Revenge - Blazing Saddles - 03-01-2013 03:10 PM

Does anyone have a picture of the Martelli urinal biscuits that were in the Bartow urinals last season? That was funny.