CSNbbs
The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! (/thread-618112.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - WMU83 - 02-11-2013 03:09 PM

Go BRONCOS!!!!!

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - DesertBronco - 02-11-2013 03:39 PM

Beat BUGS!

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - EA3 - 02-13-2013 01:06 PM

Probable starters for BGSU:

Calhoun 6'7" forward
Black 6'10" center
Crawford 5'6" guard
Kraus 6'1" guard
Orr 6'4" guard

top 3 off bench

Henderson 6'1" guard
Sealey 6'6" forward
Holmes 6'8" forward

The matchups with Calhoun are starting to worry me. I'll explain in a moment.

Kraus (3.4 points per game) should be guarded by Richie or Klein. He averages 23 minutes per game, and frankly doesn't deserve them considering he shoots 27% from the field and 22% from 3 range.

I'm guessing Crawford is going to draw Pokely and Brown that majority of the time. Considering the size of their other guards, we won't be at a size disadvantage doing this. In fact, I would really like to see Hutch guard Crawford. It sounds kind of crazy, but Hutch has the length to really bother his pull up jumpers and if he gets beat, we have shot blockers backing him up.

Shayne will get the task of guarding Black, and then likely Holmes when he subs in.

Orr will likely be guarded by Hutch initially. If they get crazy and move Hutch to Crawford, Pokely or Brown can guard Orr as well.

Calhoun is the problem. He's a vet in this league and happens to be built pretty well. Darius isn't going to be able to block his turn around jumpers. The mlive write up suggested Hutch might guard Calhoun. This would be a debacle UNLESS Calhoun is moved to the SF spot with 2 others (Black, Sealey or Holmes). I don't think BGSU uses this type of lineup very much. I mentioned that Hutch guarding Calhoun would be a horrible idea because of two reasons...1. our PF would be forced to guard a true wing/guard. and 2. I see Calhoun as being much more physical than Hutch. ie-possible foul trouble.

Checking Calhoun tonight will almost be as tough as trying to keep McCrea from Buffalo from blowing up.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hawk go with Tava at the 4 and Darius at the 5 a little bit tonight. BGSU isn't going to run us out of the gym. They don't have the scorers like they did last year. Darius seems to play better when he gets involved. We can go to him exclusively when Shayne is on the bench if he plays the 5.

Food for thought.

6 hours till tip off....

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - WMU83 - 02-13-2013 05:06 PM

Go Broncos! if someone could keep updates on the game it would be great! ill be in Wood hall for class tonight!

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Chipdip - 02-13-2013 05:53 PM

Orr knows we have issues with the zone. We'll see it, hope we handle it.

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - WMU83 - 02-13-2013 06:06 PM

Orr is the most underpaid coach in the league, its sick!

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Nacho - 02-13-2013 06:58 PM

Streaming link for the lazy - http://www.mac-sports.com/Schools/BowlingGreen/LiveStreaming.aspx

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Chipdip - 02-13-2013 07:02 PM

Not exactly the clearest picture we've had

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Nacho - 02-13-2013 07:04 PM

(02-13-2013 07:02 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  Not exactly the clearest picture we've had

You'd think they woulda upgraded their camera equipment when they built a new arena..

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - MileHighBronco - 02-13-2013 07:10 PM

Death by 3 balls. 03-banghead

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Chipdip - 02-13-2013 07:12 PM

(02-13-2013 07:10 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Death by 3 balls. 03-banghead

They seem to have our number from three

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - dunkface - 02-13-2013 07:17 PM

Looks like a replay of the Ball State game so far. Settling for long jumpers, nothing going to the rim and one player doing all the damage for the opposition.

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Chipdip - 02-13-2013 07:19 PM

Whittington needs to slow down, and he needs to get a little deeper before he takes that jump hook

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Chipdip - 02-13-2013 07:20 PM

Some of the threes BG is taking are not great looks, they're just great shots.

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - BrianPersky - 02-13-2013 07:21 PM

Anybody complaining about Hawk disputing calls should watch the opposing sideline for a few possessions.

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Broncoboogie - 02-13-2013 07:24 PM

Loney slumpin lately, bad.[/i]

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Chipdip - 02-13-2013 07:24 PM

Man, why do we even bother shooting threes.

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - MileHighBronco - 02-13-2013 07:28 PM

MAC officials - you see something "new" almost every game.

I'm OK with Hawk complaining about that call.

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Chipdip - 02-13-2013 07:30 PM

Hawk's got'm coached up after the BSU loss

RE: The official Broncos @ Bowling Green gamethread! - Broncoboogie - 02-13-2013 07:30 PM

3 straight turnovers!!?? cmon Broncos 03-banghead