CSNbbs
Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB (/thread-616678.html)

Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - WesternBlazer - 02-02-2013 11:42 PM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/02/southern_miss_holds_off_late_c.html

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - KevMo4UAB - 02-02-2013 11:57 PM

The picture in the article is telling.

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - Memphis Blazer - 02-03-2013 12:16 AM

You've seen mad. Now you've seen Haase-Mad. 03-lmfao

[Image: 12214213-standard.jpg]

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - the_blazerman - 02-03-2013 12:17 AM

He is ugly when he is mad.

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - ATTALLABLAZE - 02-03-2013 10:26 AM

He was so mad on the play where Swing was hammered on the layup with no call he accidentally slung his glasses down the court.

Fwiw the supposed goaltending was a head scratcher. That ball was not going to make it to the rim. We all thought it was a lob too. It's trajectory was a lob not a shot. I thought JH would get his first T last night. It would have been well earned.

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - BlazerPhil - 02-03-2013 11:20 AM

(02-03-2013 10:26 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  He was so mad on the play where Swing was hammered on the layup with no call he accidentally slung his glasses down the court.

Fwiw the supposed goaltending was a head scratcher. That ball was not going to make it to the rim. We all thought it was a lob too. It's trajectory was a lob not a shot. I thought JH would get his first T last night. It would have been well earned.

So your saying Ted Hillary was in full effect ?

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - ATTALLABLAZE - 02-03-2013 11:36 AM

See photo.

Good news though. He is retiring after this season.

Basketball fans rejoice!!!!!!

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - 58-56 - 02-03-2013 12:09 PM

(02-03-2013 11:36 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  See photo.

Praise Allah.

He had a little game going with #44 from USM: he'd let him walk all over the place on one possession, then hit him with a travelling make-up the next time he touched the ball, whether he'd even moved yet or not.

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - Copperblazer - 02-03-2013 01:15 PM

Was Swing tripped? It looked kinda like that, but happened too fast?

And was it just me, or was anyone else sickened by the Southern Miss love fest on CSS last night? They couldn't find enough kind things to say about so miss, and were kinda ho-hum about UAB. And I swear the way they were talking about the so miss player with the birthday. I suspect the announcers bought him a hooker after the game...or did him themselves.

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - Memphis Blazer - 02-03-2013 01:21 PM

USM is having a great year and UAB has been ho hum. All broadcasts promote the better team. Once UAB got into the game, they sold UAB plenty. The guy who had the birthday went 6-6 from three point line on his birthday. He probably deserved a hooker. They also talked a lot about Fahro and showed his parents numerous times. By CSS standards it was a pretty good broadcast.

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - hooverblazer - 02-03-2013 01:24 PM

The picture of Quincy in the article wasn't called a foul. That pretty much sums up the officials.

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - BlazerDave - 02-03-2013 02:38 PM

(02-03-2013 11:36 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  See photo.

The dude can barely get up and down the court.

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - FNblazer - 02-03-2013 05:48 PM

The Foz-to-Swing in mid-air as the shot clock was winding down late in the game was epic. We needed a big stop twice, and both times USM hit clutch shots. The no-call on Swing was bad, but he was a :hellokitty: on that play and contorted his body to try to avoid contact. He quickly learned his lesson though and threw it down like a man on his next runout.

RE: Champlin: Southern Miss holds off late charge from UAB - FNblazer - 02-03-2013 05:50 PM

I'll also say that I was proud of the fanbase for coming out. 5k was a great crowd, and the crowd was great down the stretch. I hope Haase can get 5 more wins this year to avoid taking Murry's place at the bottom of the record books. With the schedule we have coming up I think he can.