CSNbbs
OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area (/thread-616551.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - Tanyaskees - 02-02-2013 10:19 AM

Hello all, Memphis Tigers fan here and I need some help. Someone on the Tigers board suggested I come here.

First sorry, I know this is the wrong forum, but I don't have much time...so mods, please let the thread stay here for a little while.

My BF's son just got a job in Independence, KY. He will be working at FedEx in Independence and has to start on the 11th. We have to find him a place to live and get him moved from Chattanooga in less than a week. I am looking for suggestions on a good place around Independence. Kind of hip, he is 24. We're doing this kind of blind, so I could use all the help I can get. Looking for someplace safe and not far from work. Please, if you have any suggestion, let me know. And again, mods, I would really appreciate if the thread is not moved right away, but if you have to, I understand.

Thank you in advance 04-cheers

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - DelhiBearcat - 02-02-2013 10:27 AM

Well it's not my side of the river, but he shouldn't have any problem finding something in the Independence or Florence area. Highly populated area with huge business district (mall, restaurants, etc.).

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - cincybearcatsgo - 02-02-2013 10:34 AM

Have you tried craigslist? I've had a lot of success finding housing quickly that way. There's also couch surfing, and you can post that you're looking for a long term apartment or something. Finally, there's airbnb, which is usually for shorter term vacationing, but I've used it to find long term housing as well.

It can be intimidating a little bit to go through the internet, but I haven't had any bad experiences yet.

Hope this helps!

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - Tanyaskees - 02-02-2013 10:41 AM

(02-02-2013 10:34 AM)cincybearcatsgo Wrote:  Have you tried craigslist? I've had a lot of success finding housing quickly that way. There's also couch surfing, and you can post that you're looking for a long term apartment or something. Finally, there's airbnb, which is usually for shorter term vacationing, but I've used it to find long term housing as well.

It can be intimidating a little bit to go through the internet, but I haven't had any bad experiences yet.

Hope this helps!

It does, thank you so much. We are looking on craigslist as well as extended stay places so he can have a little more time to look for something long term. BF and him are planning to drive out there one day next week to look in person, but with the snow coming in it's kind of up in the air right now.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - BeerCat - 02-02-2013 10:42 AM

Renting or buying?

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - Tanyaskees - 02-02-2013 10:45 AM

(02-02-2013 10:42 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  Renting or buying?

Renting an apartment.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - Vewb1 - 02-02-2013 10:45 AM

TANYASKEES:

Are you kidding? Independence Kentucky? Check out this information regarding the Banks in Cincinnati. All types of apartments and condos only minutes away from the Airport. Here is a story, one on many in the NY Times regarding The Banks in Cincinnati and apartment info.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/06/realestate/commercial/cincinnati-comes-back-to-its-ohio-river-shoreline.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://thecurrentatthebanks.prospectportal.com/cincinnati/current-at-the-banks/neighborhood/

http://blogs.villagegreen.com/cincinnati/2011/02/11/living-space-at-the-banks-project/

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - BeerCat - 02-02-2013 10:51 AM

If he wants to be close to work check out the Trellises in Florence, less than 10 minutes from FedEx plant, my wife lived there before we married and she liked it, lots of young people there. Also, it is only about 15 minutes from Cincy depending on traffic.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - CDS86 - 02-02-2013 10:52 AM

The Banks and surrounding areas might be a bit pricey for a 24 year old.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - BeerCat - 02-02-2013 10:53 AM

(02-02-2013 10:45 AM)Vewb1 Wrote:  TANYASKEES:

Are you kidding? Independence Kentucky? Check out this information regarding the Banks in Cincinnati. All types of apartments and condos only minutes away from the Airport. Here is a story, one on many in the NY Times regarding The Banks in Cincinnati and apartment info.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/06/realestate/commercial/cincinnati-comes-back-to-its-ohio-river-shoreline.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://thecurrentatthebanks.prospectportal.com/cincinnati/current-at-the-banks/neighborhood/

http://blogs.villagegreen.com/cincinnati/2011/02/11/living-space-at-the-banks-project/

Have you ever been in the apartments at The Banks? The one I was in blew me away with how low end everything was. And the rent was through the roof obviously, but you are right in the middle of the action.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - rath v2.0 - 02-02-2013 10:57 AM

Hey, Tanya.

Mods are just regular guys here, so your post is safe. Independence, Wilder, Elsmere...plenty of options.

If he wants hip urban living, downtown Cincinnati is about 15-20 minutes from Independence.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - BeerCat - 02-02-2013 11:00 AM

If he wants to be close to Cincy but avoid downtown, there are tons of apartments in Covington, very close to Cincy and still close to the FedEx plant. Although you specifically posted "safe" place and Covington is full of characters, an interesting place to be sure.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - Tanyaskees - 02-02-2013 11:05 AM

(02-02-2013 10:52 AM)CDS86 Wrote:  The Banks and surrounding areas might be a bit pricey for a 24 year old.

Probably, he just graduated and this is his first "real" job.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - Tanyaskees - 02-02-2013 11:07 AM

Thanks guys, y'all have been great. Tons of help. About to take off, game time 02-13-banana, but will be back after the game. Thanks again and keep them coming.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - OneUChoopsfan - 02-02-2013 11:15 AM

Hi TANYASKEES.

First, from a tax and livability standpoint, I would only consider living on the Kentucky side.

Hip, close to the nightlife on KY & OH side, try communities close to the river. Covington, Newport, Bellevue, Ludlow. Just guessing, but I'd say most available places will end up being 2 families, or small apartments created from old homes. His commute will be for the most part against the flow of traffic rather than with the flow.

There are numerous communities along I-75/I-71 from the Ohio river to Independence. Tons of apartments just off most exits. Florence & Burlington are very close to Fedex.

Take a look at along I-275 between I-75/I-71 and I-471, particularly near the AA highway, Taylor Mill and Madison Pike exits. Convenient to entertainment and work.

I'm sure you already know this, but apartmentguide.com is a good place to look for traditional apartments.

If he has the money, he could try downtown Cincinnati for a more urban experience.

None of these places are all that far (in time) to where he will be working.

I just moved my daughter to Indianapolis, so...........good luck.

Keep us posted.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - Tanyaskees - 02-02-2013 11:19 AM

(02-02-2013 11:15 AM)OneUChoopsfan Wrote:  Hi TANYASKEES.

First, from a tax and livability standpoint, I would only consider living on the Kentucky side.

Hip, close to the nightlife on KY & OH side, try communities close to the river. Covington, Newport, Bellevue, Ludlow. Just guessing, but I'd say most available places will end up being 2 families, or small apartments created from old homes. His commute will be for the most part against the flow of traffic rather than with the flow.

There are numerous communities along I-75/I-71 from the Ohio river to Independence. Tons of apartments just off most exits. Florence & Burlington are very close to Fedex.

Take a look at along I-275 between I-75/I-71 and I-471, particularly near the AA highway, Taylor Mill and Madison Pike exits. Convenient to entertainment and work.

I'm sure you already know this, but apartmentguide.com is a good place to look for traditional apartments.

If he has the money, he could try downtown Cincinnati for a more urban experience.

None of these places are all that far (in time) to where he will be working.

I just moved my daughter to Indianapolis, so...........good luck.

Keep us posted.

Thank you...I sure will. You guys have been great!

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - BearcatMan - 02-02-2013 11:23 AM

Check out the Roebling Row in Covington. I've lived here for a year in a half, and love it. Not nearly as expensive as option in Downtown, it's literally right across the river from the Banks development, and near to a ton of good bars in a pretty central location in the nicest part of Covington (Historic District). He would need to find a roommate however, because I'm 90% sure the singles are booked up.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - BearcatsUC - 02-02-2013 12:02 PM

A friend's daughter is a student at UC and lives in an apartment above one of the restaurants in the Main Strasse of Covington. She works part time as a waitress.

Main Strasse has a number of bars and a handful of restaurants. It's close to the freeway and short distance to Downtown. Independence isn't too far away.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - Bearcats#1 - 02-02-2013 12:06 PM

Should be plenty of apartments along The Banks...

and make sure he makes it to Clifton and gets some UC gear....he's a Bearcat fan now.

RE: OT: Please help...? about moving to KY / Cincy area - Bearcat_Bounce - 02-02-2013 12:09 PM

I started working in the Florence area recently, there are probably 3 or 4 apartment complexes near the Florence Mall.