CSNbbs
Matt Killian leaving? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Matt Killian leaving? (/thread-615660.html)

Matt Killian leaving? - HuskieJohn - 01-28-2013 12:18 PM

Just tweeted about he is leaving DeKalb. (he is going home)

Also tweeted a while back to see if anyone was interested in subleasing his townhouse which he shares with some other football players.

Not earth shattering news but he played in all 14 games and was listed at the #2 RG for the season.

Does anyone have confirmation if he is leaving the team? That would also open another scholarship.

RE: Matt Killian leaving? - 7 - 01-28-2013 12:41 PM

It would certainly appear that way.

RE: Matt Killian leaving? - cawoo22 - 01-28-2013 12:43 PM

(01-28-2013 12:18 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  Just tweeted about he is leaving DeKalb. (he is going home)

Also tweeted a while back to see if anyone was interested in subleasing his townhouse which he shares with some other football players.

Not earth shattering news but he played in all 14 games and was listed at the #2 RG for the season.

Does anyone have confirmation if he is leaving the team? That would also open another scholarship.

He didn't make the Orange Bowl trip due to an academic issue, per his twitter. That's his business, so I won't elaborate on it here, but I am not shocked.

RE: Matt Killian leaving? - HuskieJohn - 01-28-2013 12:51 PM

(01-28-2013 12:43 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  
(01-28-2013 12:18 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  Just tweeted about he is leaving DeKalb. (he is going home)

He didn't make the Orange Bowl trip due to an academic issue, per his twitter. That's his business, so I won't elaborate on it here, but I am not shocked.

Well that is unfortunate.

RE: Matt Killian leaving? - goniu1523 - 01-29-2013 12:34 AM

(01-28-2013 12:51 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(01-28-2013 12:43 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  

Well that is unfortunate.

I saw the same tweets and posted it in the recruiting thread. It sure looks like he is leaving for good.

If we are loosing 2 OL that are on scholarship, I think we need to pick up 1 in this class. 3 star Andrew Geers from Nequa Valley in Naperville is still available and doesnt have a FBS scholarship yet. And we have offered Tate Briggs from Montini a preferred walk-on spot, maybe we can offer him a scholarship now.

Although I'm sure coach Carey has known about Killian for few weeks now.