CSNbbs
Final in Orange County: UCF 74, SMU 65 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Final in Orange County: UCF 74, SMU 65 (/thread-615464.html)

Final in Orange County: UCF 74, SMU 65 - st932253 - 01-26-2013 09:54 PM

UCF improves to 4-1 in conference and SMU continues to try to figure out Conference USA after starting off 8-1 with wins over TCU and Utah.

Great game by the Ponies - They don't give up! They were down by a bunch and came back to tie it up at 63. Glad to continue this matchup for years to come...

UCF has a fun team this year. Only real "Bad loss" was East Carolina (no offense, Pirates). Losses to Florida and Miami (FL) are obviously hurting less and less as those teams are showing how excellent they are this year.

I think UCF would be putting together a solid NIT worthy season so far if the ban wasn't in effect. But we deserve what we got.

4-1 is huge since we haven't played Southern Miss nor Memphis yet. We still have a chance to reach our only tangible goal which is a Conference USA Regular Season Championship. We have to play both of those schools twice so it will be earned on the court!

RE: Final in Orange County: UCF 74, SMU 65 - TampaKnight - 01-26-2013 10:07 PM

East Carolina, this year, is a solid loss, imho.

They will claw for an NCAA bid, and if they clean up CUSA and win the regular season title, they'll be in the bubble.

RE: Final in Orange County: UCF 74, SMU 65 - st932253 - 01-26-2013 10:26 PM

Wowza! Really? I'm all for ECU doing well since it looks like they'll be a part of whatever this new conference ends up being - but wow. That's a pretty insane statement.

The scary thing is, I know you aren't trolling, Tampa Knight!

RE: Final in Orange County: UCF 74, SMU 65 - Kruciff - 01-27-2013 02:53 PM

a 12-7 C-USA team that still has to play @UCF, vs Memphis, and USM twice is not going to the NCAA tourny

RE: Final in Orange County: UCF 74, SMU 65 - CalallenStang - 01-27-2013 03:04 PM

SMU is having major depth issues. Not an excuse, it just is what it is. Congrats to UCF!