CSNbbs
Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU (/thread-613912.html)

Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - MU ATO - 01-18-2013 11:43 AM

http://wvmetronews.com/geep-wade-latest-to-leave-coaching-staff/

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - ArmoredUpKnight - 01-18-2013 11:58 AM

Are these salary issues or what?

4th coach, that's rough

Hope he wasn't heavily involved with recruiting

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - HerdZoned - 01-18-2013 12:50 PM

Didn't think Geep would be here that long. He came to Marshall from UTC. His wife and kids stayed in Tennessee and didn't move to Huntington. Going back to work in Tennessee doesn't suprise me or anyone else that follows Marshall.

Lets take a look at who has departed:

Lytrell Pollard: Going back to USM, his school
Tony Petersen- Going to LA Tech to become sole OC. Was co-OC at Marshall title only, was the QB Coach. Granted a great QB coach. As coached Pennington, Leftwich and Cato.
Chris Rippon- Resigned, Marshall was one of the worst D- in the nation last year.
Geep Wade- Orig from TN and never moved his family, writing was on the wall when he 1st took the job he wouldn't be here long.

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - ECU-DMB Fanatic - 01-18-2013 01:49 PM

(01-18-2013 12:50 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Didn't think Geep would be here that long. He came to Marshall from UTC. His wife and kids stayed in Tennessee and didn't move to Huntington. Going back to work in Tennessee doesn't suprise me or anyone else that follows Marshall.

Tony Petersen- Going to LA Tech to become sole OC. Was co-OC at Marshall title only, was the QB Coach. Granted a great QB coach. As coached Pennington, Leftwich and Cato.
Chris Rippon- Resigned, Marshall was one of the worst D- in the nation last year.
Geep Wade- Orig from TN and never moved his family, writing was on the wall when he 1st took the job he wouldn't be here long.

Wow...no matter the reason that is a lot of staff turnover. Didn't you guys lose a S&C coach as well? Has Doc gotten a extension on his original contract yet??

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - HerdZoned - 01-18-2013 02:00 PM

(01-18-2013 01:49 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  
(01-18-2013 12:50 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Didn't think Geep would be here that long. He came to Marshall from UTC. His wife and kids stayed in Tennessee and didn't move to Huntington. Going back to work in Tennessee doesn't suprise me or anyone else that follows Marshall.

Wow...no matter the reason that is a lot of staff turnover. Didn't you guys lose a S&C coach as well? Has Doc gotten a extension on his original contract yet??

Maday went to WKU to bolster his resume. He will be in the ACC/SEC in less than 5 years.

DOC said when he got here he would rather have staff turnover and hire new staff. Than to have the same coaches year in and year out.

There are 2 names popping up right now as some replacements. Rickey Bustle as either QB or RB coach and Steve Dunlap as LB coach.

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - shiftyeagle - 01-18-2013 02:02 PM

(01-18-2013 02:00 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  

Maday went to WKU to bolster his resume. He will be in the ACC/SEC in less than 5 years.

DOC said when he got here he would rather have staff turnover and hire new staff. Than to have the same coaches year in and year out.

Rickey Bustle as either QB or RB coach

[Image: 71b14a93_jackie-chan-meme_thumb7.png]

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - stinkfist - 01-18-2013 02:03 PM

(01-18-2013 02:00 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  

There are 2 names popping up right now as some replacements. Rickey Bustle as either QB or RB coach and Steve Dunlap as LB coach.

okay...you can have bustle's pk addiction problem...c'mon, you guys can do better than that

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - RowdyAlumni - 01-18-2013 03:01 PM

(01-18-2013 11:43 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  http://wvmetronews.com/geep-wade-latest-to-leave-coaching-staff/

Lost your OLine coach? To a Sun Belt School? (Just kidding, of course.)

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - MUTeke - 01-18-2013 03:52 PM

Everyone is putting a negative spin on this turnover.

We have at least a 50/50 chance that we're better off after all this shakes out. Let's wait until we see who Doc hires in their place before we jump off a bridge.

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - MTowho - 01-18-2013 03:55 PM

Yeah, we're probably going to beat Marshall by 4 TDs this fall now that we've got this guy.

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - Hop45 - 01-18-2013 04:25 PM

(01-18-2013 03:01 PM)RowdyAlumni Wrote:  
(01-18-2013 11:43 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  http://wvmetronews.com/geep-wade-latest-to-leave-coaching-staff/

Lost your OLine coach? To a Sun Belt School? (Just kidding, of course.)

We're still in the OVC according to Clay Travis on 104.5 The Zone (Nashville Sportstalk)

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - ECU-DMB Fanatic - 01-18-2013 04:42 PM

(01-18-2013 03:52 PM)MUTeke Wrote:  Everyone is putting a negative spin on this turnover.

We have at least a 50/50 chance that we're better off after all this shakes out. Let's wait until we see who Doc hires in their place before we jump off a bridge.

Whatever...All I have ever heard from head coaches is that coaching continuity is a very big deal. Hard to build on things when the staff is constantly changing...But I guess if Doc likes it then that is all the matters....I honestly couldn't care less about the coaching situation at Marshall just like I am sure you don't give a damn about ECU's coaching staff. I was just commenting that normally that much staff turnover is not considered a good thing for your program.

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - MUTeke - 01-18-2013 04:59 PM

(01-18-2013 04:42 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  
(01-18-2013 03:52 PM)MUTeke Wrote:  Everyone is putting a negative spin on this turnover.

I was just commenting that normally that much staff turnover is not considered a good thing for your program.

I don't disagree with that. My comment was directed more towards Herd fans anyway.

RE: Marshall Oline coach leaving for MTSU - HerdZoned - 01-18-2013 07:20 PM

The only coach Im really halfway upset about losing is Petersen, but I understand why he left. I liked our SC coach, he seemed to undersnd the balance between weights and agility and endurance training.

If we were to hire Bustle I hope he has proven to the saff that he has kicked his pain killer addiction. I got to know him somewhat when I lived in Lafayette, the guy has a sharp coaching mind. ULL just never gave him the oppertunity to prove that while he was there. He had to fight the admin every step of the way. He was the QB coach for Jim Drunkenmiller and Michael Vick.