CSNbbs
Potential AD's long term - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+----- Thread: Potential AD's long term (/thread-613185.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Potential AD's long term - etsudolfan - 01-14-2013 08:49 PM

Who would you all like to see on Noland's list for the new AD and why?

RE: Potential AD's long term - GoBucsGo - 01-14-2013 09:42 PM

I for one would be just fine with completely new blood. No one from here, no one associated with ETSU in the past. This may sound odd, but you need new thought processes not polluted by past attitudes. Sander is well-connected, he'll find us a good one.

RE: Potential AD's long term - bucfan81 - 01-14-2013 09:51 PM

(01-14-2013 09:42 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  I for one would be just fine with completely new blood. No one from here, no one associated with ETSU in the past. This may sound odd, but you need new thought processes not polluted by past attitudes. Sander is well-connected, he'll find us a good one.

Totally agreed. A complete change over would be welcomed. The current staff is so in the box of "no we can't" that they really cannot. I do not think they could bring back football because they do not have a clue about running such an athletic department.

RE: Potential AD's long term - etsudolfan - 01-14-2013 09:54 PM

I agree...any names out there that you guys would like to see considered? I'm having a hard time throwing some out there

RE: Potential AD's long term - GoBucsGo - 01-14-2013 09:59 PM

I would say look at assistant ADs at major programs, and someone who knows marketing. I would prefer someone from a state school who understands state funding for higher education.

For example, who's the assistant AD at Florida State? Solid football & basketball, and obviously baseball is a national power. Someone like that.

RE: Potential AD's long term - PittsburghBucs - 01-14-2013 10:00 PM

It's going to be someone we've never heard of before.

If you want to get some potential ideas, I might look at the staffs of the schools Noland and Sander have been associated with.

RE: Potential AD's long term - GoBucsGo - 01-14-2013 10:02 PM

Sander is extremely well-connected. It doesn't have to be a VCU or a WVU person, but if so, not the worst thing in the world. Far from it.

RE: Potential AD's long term - PittsburghBucs - 01-14-2013 10:03 PM

What I want to know is who the first yokel will be who nominates Dale Burns.

RE: Potential AD's long term - PittsburghBucs - 01-14-2013 10:04 PM

(01-14-2013 10:02 PM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  Sander is extremely well-connected. It doesn't have to be a VCU or a WVU person, but if so, not the worst thing in the world. Far from it.

Fine, but I'm just sayin', good place to start to look to speculate.

RE: Potential AD's long term - GoBucsGo - 01-14-2013 10:23 PM

I want to know who nominates Frank Burns.

A little humor.

RE: Potential AD's long term - etsuwes - 01-14-2013 11:44 PM

Here would be my number one choice: David Blackburn

He has interviewed for some big A.D. jobs and has stayed in Knoxville despite having some opportunities elsewhere. The chance to build a football program and revive an athletic department two hours up the road if payed competitively may be too hard to pass up.

RE: Potential AD's long term - etsuwes - 01-15-2013 12:38 AM

Here is another one:

Mark Jurich, Louisville -- His dad has done a great job in Louisville working with city to get the new arena done, work on the football stadium. Marj has helped raise some big $$$ in capital projects which is going to be a MUST for the new A.D. with an Arena/Football Stadium on horizon. Also played for the Braves, so that'll give Meade a rise.

I like the prospect of hiring a son of a successful athletic director. Rick Hart, son of UT and former Florida State AD Dave, did a good job at Chattanooga and is now at SMU. Former Texas A&M AD Bill Byrne, his son Greg is AD at University of Arizona. There are more examples.

Mark Jurich

RE: Potential AD's long term - PittsburghBucs - 01-15-2013 12:54 AM

I look at those names, and then wonder how, just how, ETSU came up with a tennis coach.

Frank Burns wouldn't be that bad, either. Went undefeated at Rutgers in '76.

RE: Potential AD's long term - One Of The Last Buc Linemen - 01-15-2013 02:33 AM

pat summit

1, she is focused and no nonsense
2, she comes from a football school
3, she can athletically direct us to be a better bball school
4, notoriety will land superior bball talent
5, notoriety will garner immediate national press attention
6, unlike mullins, athletes WILL come here because of the a d
7, unlike mullins, fans WILL attend games because of the a d
8, will provide solid direction and leadership
9, is a proven success on and off the court
10, she is a native tennessean and speaks the language
11, ut screwed her,,,,,,,,,,she may be interested in the new challenge

RE: Potential AD's long term - ETSUfan1 - 01-15-2013 02:40 AM

[Image: 3rgkpu.jpg]

RE: Potential AD's long term - PittsburghBucs - 01-15-2013 02:49 AM

I'd like someone without Altzheimer's.

RE: Potential AD's long term - One Of The Last Buc Linemen - 01-15-2013 04:10 AM

(01-15-2013 02:40 AM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  [Image: 3rgkpu.jpg]

you want leonard nimoy as athletic director? fascinating, though most illogical

RE: Potential AD's long term - ReturnOfMommaBear - 01-15-2013 05:35 AM

(01-15-2013 02:33 AM)One Of The Last Buc Linemen Wrote:  pat summit

1, she is focused and no nonsense
2, she comes from a football school
3, she can athletically direct us to be a better bball school
4, notoriety will land superior bball talent
5, notoriety will garner immediate national press attention
6, unlike mullins, athletes WILL come here because of the a d
7, unlike mullins, fans WILL attend games because of the a d
8, will provide solid direction and leadership
9, is a proven success on and off the court
10, she is a native tennessean and speaks the language
11, ut screwed her,,,,,,,,,,she may be interested in the new challenge

No, not an option for so many reasons unrelated to her resume.

UT didn't "screw her"... It was time for her to step away before we had to start seeing her falter. Her staff had been taking care of the situation for a while. The Women's SID didn't like the way it was handled and her new boss didn't tolerate her tone or accusations. Pretty simple. The new guy in town, Hart, gets the blame. Coach Summit is ill and needs to focus on her health and quality of life.

RE: Potential AD's long term - ReturnOfMommaBear - 01-15-2013 05:39 AM

Those are really great names (other than the two obvious).

I know there was another thread where there were crazy names and then some more realistic names put out, not going to go dig that up. These names are much more interesting.

There are lots of really great potential AD's out there... there always have been... which ties in to what Pitt said about ending up with a Tennis Coach. Gotta love the Stanton-era of "if it ain't related to doctors, it ain't for us" philosophy.

RE: Potential AD's long term - etsudolfan - 01-15-2013 10:08 AM

(01-14-2013 11:44 PM)etsuwes Wrote:  Here would be my number one choice: David Blackburn

He has interviewed for some big A.D. jobs and has stayed in Knoxville despite having some opportunities elsewhere. The chance to build a football program and revive an athletic department two hours up the road if payed competitively may be too hard to pass up.

Blackburn, Hart, and Jurich would all be good candidates I think. I wonder if Noland is thinking big in terms of our AD? It sounds like he has a vision and a is aiming high for ETSU. I hope so!