CSNbbs
UTSA distancing from realignment talk (SAEN article) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UTSA (/forum-741.html)
+----- Thread: UTSA distancing from realignment talk (SAEN article) (/thread-612914.html)

UTSA distancing from realignment talk (SAEN article) - mac78251 - 01-13-2013 09:25 AM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/utsa/article/UTSA-distancing-from-realignment-talk-4189872.php

Note the following statements:

"In quashing the UTSA-to-the-Mountain West chatter, Hickey issued a firm denial, saying, “No, we're in the WAC this year. We've already made our first down payment to be in Conference USA next year, and so that's the direction we're going.”"

"In fact, Banowsky said that C-USA has plans for a 14-team football conference this fall, two more than expected.

Middle Tennessee and Florida Atlantic, he said, are strong candidates to play in the conference a year ahead of their projected 2014 entry."

"Seriously, Hickey said, UTSA's destination already has been decided no matter what fans may see on the message boards.

“We're very happy,” she said, “about joining Conference USA next year.”"

RE: UTSA distancing from realignment talk (SAEN article) - Matrix - 01-17-2013 08:19 PM

We're very happy to have you in Conference USA. It's one of the few conferences that is logistically in place. I just can't wrap my brain around a team from Texas or California in a conference called the Big East.

RE: UTSA distancing from realignment talk (SAEN article) - Matrix - 01-17-2013 08:20 PM

At least UTSA was in the conversation. UAB never was.

Re: RE: UTSA distancing from realignment talk (SAEN article) - UTSAMarineVet09 - 01-18-2013 08:32 PM

(01-17-2013 08:19 PM)Matrix Wrote:  We're very happy to have you in Conference USA. It's one of the few conferences that is logistically in place. I just can't wrap my brain around a team from Texas or California in a conference called the Big East.

+1

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2