CSNbbs
[MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: [MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules (/thread-612555.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - miko33 - 01-10-2013 10:12 PM

Seems like all the other conferences have this wrapped up except for the ACC. Are they always the last ones to do this?

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - catdaddy_2402 - 01-10-2013 10:16 PM

(01-10-2013 10:12 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Seems like all the other conferences have this wrapped up except for the ACC. Are they always the last ones to do this?

It takes time to figure out what the best games might be next year and put them all in the first half of the schedule, with garbage games late in the season.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - TexanMark - 01-10-2013 10:22 PM

(01-10-2013 10:16 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 10:12 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Seems like all the other conferences have this wrapped up except for the ACC. Are they always the last ones to do this?

It takes time to figure out what the best games might be next year and put them all in the first half of the schedule, with garbage games late in the season.

Pitt will slow us all down too...since they are tenants at their stadium.

BE schedules were always last due to the NFL stadiums and ESPN handing out their TV slots last to us.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - TIGER-PAUL - 01-10-2013 10:55 PM

pitt being a tenant has no bearing on anything regarding the schedule.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - TIGER-PAUL - 01-10-2013 10:57 PM

you should know the BE was always last

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - TexanMark - 01-10-2013 11:06 PM

(01-10-2013 10:55 PM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  pitt being a tenant has no bearing on anything regarding the schedule.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I was told they have to wait until the NFL schedule gets "fleshed out"?

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - OrangeCrush22 - 01-10-2013 11:10 PM

There's a lot of variables right now with UMD and UL. Though, you'd think they'd be able to release a tentative schedule.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - TIGER-PAUL - 01-10-2013 11:25 PM

(01-10-2013 11:06 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 10:55 PM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  pitt being a tenant has no bearing on anything regarding the schedule.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I was told they have to wait until the NFL schedule gets "fleshed out"?

I never recall it ever being an issue

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - ClairtonPanther - 01-10-2013 11:29 PM

(01-10-2013 11:06 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Not true at all. Plenty of times the Steelers and Pitt have played at Heinz on the same weekend. But the Big East liked to have Cincinnati at Heinz the same weekend as the Bengals. Maybe there could be a weekend the Panthers, Falcons, Patriots, or Dolphins come to Heinz as its ACC Counterpart. Easier to do w/ the Dolphins than the others.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - WakeForestRanger - 01-10-2013 11:30 PM

"A Message from Ron Wellman

Every January (and even prior to January), our fans begin asking about the football schedule for next year. Normally the schedule is completed by the ACC in late January or early February. This year the schedule may be delayed a bit due to the unusual circumstances that have impacted the process. For instance, there are a few schools, including us, who do not have our fourth non-conference game finalized yet. We believe we are close to an agreement with a team, but we do not have a contract yet, and it is difficult to assume that we have a deal until we have a signed contract. It is difficult for the ACC to move forward with a conference schedule until all of the non-conference games are scheduled by all schools. Therefore, the football schedule may be delayed a bit this year...but we are hopeful that all of these matters will be resolved soon and the conference will be able to move forward with the overall schedule."

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - NJRedMan - 01-10-2013 11:31 PM

(01-10-2013 11:10 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  There's a lot of variables right now with UMD and UL. Though, you'd think they'd be able to release a tentative schedule.

I 98% certain that RU and MD are staying one more year in their respective conferences and there for UofL is as well.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - TexanMark - 01-10-2013 11:40 PM

(01-10-2013 11:31 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 11:10 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  There's a lot of variables right now with UMD and UL. Though, you'd think they'd be able to release a tentative schedule.

I 98% certain that RU and MD are staying one more year in their respective conferences and there for UofL is as well.

I agree...lots of team schedules are still in flux due to all this realignment. In fact Cuse is still finalizing their last opponent...might be a 1AA but I think they are holding off due to the uncertainty.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - mattsarz - 01-11-2013 07:26 AM

The ACC schedule usually comes out within the week after signing day. Sometimes the day after. As others have mentioned, the key things at this point are that several teams have not finalized OOC schedules (partly the conference's own doing when the dropped the ninth conference game), requests out by TV for Thursday and Friday night games & they also have to put together the Labor Day matchup. If the schedule holds up right now, it would be Duke vs. WF or someone else, unless they move games around to get someone else in place. And that's the dance they usually go through in January, pushing some games to a later date in Sept or Oct to get someone's opening weekend free.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - mattsarz - 01-11-2013 07:32 AM

(01-10-2013 10:57 PM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  

you should know the BE was always last

Yep, there's almost an order of preference in terms of the next season.

Big Ten - releases it almost a year in advance because its TV proof. Usually no in-season Thursday night games
SEC & Big 12 - right around the end of the current season. Some Thursday night games in place. SEC usually wants their Thursday games early in season.
Pac-12 - right after the last Pac-12 bowl game. More preferred placement for Thursday and Friday games
ACC - around signing day. See previous post
Big East - sometime in February or March.

C-USA & MW have been coming out with their schedules in February & March without TV info. In the past they'd come out with some TV info. MAC & Sun Belt typically are released with all of their ESPN national telecasts. Usually the MAC and Sun Belt are after the Big East.

If any holes are still open, they may be filled after the NFL schedule if that's why they are still open.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - XLance - 01-11-2013 08:14 AM

(01-11-2013 07:26 AM)mattsarz Wrote:  The ACC schedule usually comes out within the week after signing day. Sometimes the day after. As others have mentioned, the key things at this point are that several teams have not finalized OOC schedules (partly the conference's own doing when the dropped the ninth conference game), requests out by TV for Thursday and Friday night games & they also have to put together the Labor Day matchup. If the schedule holds up right now, it would be Duke vs. WF or someone else, unless they move games around to get someone else in place. And that's the dance they usually go through in January, pushing some games to a later date in Sept or Oct to get someone's opening weekend free.

RE: Labor Day
Carolina opens at 'lil carolina over labor day weekend. Carolina was notified that the game was going to be played on a Thursday night before Labor Day. Now 'lil carolina is listing the game as being played Saturday night of Labor Day weekend but the Gamecock administrators have not officially notified Carolina of the change. At this point nobody can say for sure when the game is to be played.
We think it's a 'lil carolina plot to get the Tar Heels to show up on the wrong day so that they can claim a forfeit.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - mattsarz - 01-11-2013 09:11 AM

(01-11-2013 08:14 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 07:26 AM)mattsarz Wrote:  The ACC schedule usually comes out within the week after signing day. Sometimes the day after. As others have mentioned, the key things at this point are that several teams have not finalized OOC schedules (partly the conference's own doing when the dropped the ninth conference game), requests out by TV for Thursday and Friday night games & they also have to put together the Labor Day matchup. If the schedule holds up right now, it would be Duke vs. WF or someone else, unless they move games around to get someone else in place. And that's the dance they usually go through in January, pushing some games to a later date in Sept or Oct to get someone's opening weekend free.

RE: Labor Day
Carolina opens at 'lil carolina over labor day weekend. Carolina was notified that the game was going to be played on a Thursday night before Labor Day. Now 'lil carolina is listing the game as being played Saturday night of Labor Day weekend but the Gamecock administrators have not officially notified Carolina of the change. At this point nobody can say for sure when the game is to be played.
We think it's a 'lil carolina plot to get the Tar Heels to show up on the wrong day so that they can claim a forfeit.

Yeah, Hokie Mark pointed out to me that they were playing on Thursday and the article he pointed me to included quotes from UNC AD Cunningham.

I know that Vanderbilt was trying to get their opening vs. Ole Miss to be played that day too.

Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - westmc9th - 01-11-2013 09:40 AM

Visit http://www.theACC.com at 11 am for a first glimpse at what the ACC Football 2013 schedule will look like with the announcement of league home/away matchups. Check back!

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - mattsarz - 01-11-2013 09:46 AM

Right now I only see four schools who need a 4th OOC game: Duke, UNC, Syracuse and Wake Forest. Duke and WF are the only two with an opening during Labor Day weekend.

EDIT: UNC added a home game vs. Middle Tennessee to complete their OOC schedule.

RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules? - Hokie Mark - 01-11-2013 10:10 AM

Ugh! Nothing against Duke - they were the "feel good" story of 2012 - and I'm sure Wake & Duke would give us an exciting game, too - but can't we do better than this?

How about moving Alabama/Va Tech to Monday ('Bama has a bye the following week and VT has an FCS game, IIRC). If that won't work, how about setting up a Louisville @ NC State game? I'd even go for Villanova @ Pittsburgh... as long as it's one of the football "brand" teams (I understand why Georgia @ Clemson and Penn St vs. Syracuse won't work, and it has to be @ACC team, so UNC @ SC is also out)

RE: Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules - Hokie Mark - 01-11-2013 10:17 AM

(01-11-2013 09:40 AM)westmc9th Wrote:  Visit http://www.theACC.com at 11 am for a first glimpse at what the ACC Football 2013 schedule will look like with the announcement of league home/away matchups. Check back!

Thanks for sharing - I'll be sure to check it out!