CSNbbs
Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue (/thread-611984.html)

Pages: 1 2

Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-08-2013 12:09 PM

If you guys get the joint jumpin' we'll paint this place JMU colors and move CAAbbs into the main group with the other active boards.

Some examples of skinned active boards:

http://odu.csnbbs.com --> Old Dominion
http://acc.csnbbs.com --> ACC
http://memphis.csnbbs.com --> Memphis

We've got tons of active boards including:

General: Sports Bar, Spin Room
Conference Boards: ASun, ACC, B1G, Big East, CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt
Team Boards: ETSU, Campbell, Cincinnati, Memphis, Rice, UAB, Kent State, NIU, Toledo, EMU, CMU, WMU, UALR, ODU, Louisville, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

The MWC, Big 12, and C7 boards also recently hopped up, and there are some A-10, MVC, and OVC fans hanging around trying to get their boards going.

04-cheers

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - hburg - 01-08-2013 12:17 PM

Got a question, can each board be moderated by your own people? I know this has been a big deal with JMU posters in the past. I assume you can.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - JMU_Degenerate - 01-08-2013 12:20 PM

I would certainly be more inclined to use this site if you took the extra steps of having jmu.csnbbs.com and the colors were purple/gold.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-08-2013 12:29 PM

(01-08-2013 12:17 PM)jmufan Wrote:  Got a question, can each board be moderated by your own people? I know this has been a big deal with JMU posters in the past. I assume you can.

Yep. While we do have supermods and admins they are really there to catch obvious stuff (spam) and provide backup when called upon.

(01-08-2013 12:20 PM)JMU_Degenerate Wrote:  I would certainly be more inclined to use this site if you took the extra steps of having jmu.csnbbs.com and the colors were purple/gold.

Done @ http://jmu.csnbbs.com

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - hburg - 01-08-2013 12:44 PM

What would you need to make the board say something like Home of the Duke Dog, JMUbbs and pic of the Duke Dog? Anything you need?

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-08-2013 12:49 PM

(01-08-2013 12:44 PM)jmufan Wrote:  What would you need to make the board say something like Home of the Duke Dog, JMUbbs and pic of the Duke Dog? Anything you need?

Just some time.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - Dukes09 - 01-08-2013 12:57 PM

[Image: 2504.gif]
[Image: 2505.gif]
http://www.jmu.edu/identity/athletics.shtml

school colors are purple and gold.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - mturn017 - 01-08-2013 02:06 PM

There goes the neighborhood!

01-lauramac2

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - hburg - 01-08-2013 02:10 PM

ha!

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - hburg - 01-09-2013 04:20 PM

I wonder if having a purple background instead of a gray background would be too much? Maybe so.

EDIT: I kind of like the background color that the ACC uses. It is almost like a vegas gold background. I wonder how that would look with the purple trim?

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - hburg - 01-22-2013 02:44 PM

Wanted to bump this. I believe the board is being worked on and hopefully in due time we will have a JMUbbs board, complete with JMU logos and so on.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - GeoJMU - 01-22-2013 08:21 PM

What's the FBS pledge amount up to?

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - JMUDunk - 01-23-2013 09:52 AM

Re-reading the OP from GATechSwag, I wonder who and how many posters were or are in the queue or just out there watching? If you're lurking out there, sign up. This isn't the Zone firing squad, least not just yet. Help set the tone in here, join in. We have a huge fanbase and only a very small handful ever chime in.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - hburg - 01-23-2013 02:05 PM

(01-22-2013 08:21 PM)GeoJMU Wrote:  What's the FBS pledge amount up to?

It is certainly going. Right now we are up to $260,000+ for the overall 5 year stretch. I somewhat changed my strategy a little because I realized that the Duke Club really needs to grow now and get the extra $2M-$3M they would need to make it work financially. So I have been focusing on that more, than the actual pledge. Two phases. Phase 1-help grow the Duke Club and get the overall yearly total to $4M-$5M per year. But still take signatures and pledges if they only want to donate to the Duke, if... Phase two is about fully growing the pledge another $4M-$5M, for a grand total of $7M-which would give JMU about $10M a year.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - hburg - 01-23-2013 02:06 PM

(01-23-2013 09:52 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Re-reading the OP from GATechSwag, I wonder who and how many posters were or are in the queue or just out there watching? If you're lurking out there, sign up. This isn't the Zone firing squad, least not just yet. Help set the tone in here, join in. We have a huge fanbase and only a very small handful ever chime in.

I've noticed a lot of lurkers. It would be nice if more of them contributed more. Start threads, makes comments, etc...Maybe we need a controversial thread or something.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - GeoJMU - 01-23-2013 06:45 PM

I lurk on these Boards to get some good information from what seems to be a number of well-informed posters. I think some successes in the athletics would certainly help get people talking but if it gets like some of the threads over at the Zone I've been seeing lately, I don't think the occasional lurkers like myself will join in. Just not worth the personal attacks I see over there on occasion. I'm all for giving someone a hard time when they deserve it in a good-natured manner and discussing our disagreements, but it seems to get really personal with some of the regulars.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - JMUDunk - 01-23-2013 09:10 PM

(01-23-2013 06:45 PM)GeoJMU Wrote:  I lurk on these Boards to get some good information from what seems to be a number of well-informed posters. I think some successes in the athletics would certainly help get people talking but if it gets like some of the threads over at the Zone I've been seeing lately, I don't think the occasional lurkers like myself will join in. Just not worth the personal attacks I see over there on occasion. I'm all for giving someone a hard time when they deserve it in a good-natured manner and discussing our disagreements, but it seems to get really personal with some of the regulars.

Yep, that's why I'd like to see this place remain a little more civil. Of cousre that's not my call. It's almost like a long term marriage or something over there. Everyone knows each other and their positions so well, and often times they disagree. Well it's starts to be an ongoing argument instead of a discussion of different viewpoints.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - JMU08 - 01-24-2013 08:07 AM

(01-23-2013 02:06 PM)jmufan Wrote:  I've noticed a lot of lurkers. It would be nice if more of them contributed more. Start threads, makes comments, etc...Maybe we need a controversial thread or something.

Well, this board has been looking much more alive as of late. I think we just need to keep posting, keeping it civil, and more will follow.

RE: Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - JMUDunk - 01-24-2013 12:31 PM

Yea, let's hope but it's still not much of anything going on.

Question for someone- what's this "warning level" thing I have under my name/reputation thing? Is that normal, like a probationary period for a month or so, or is that special just for me? haha. Just noticed it, appears I'm @ defcon 0%. I guess that's good.

Thought it was odd to see a few JMU fans in the registration queue - Dukes09 - 01-24-2013 01:09 PM

I'm assuming its for a mod to let you know how close you are to getting banned.
It is on my page too. They are watching you though, dunk! Better behave!