CSNbbs
Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football (/thread-608393.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - WesternBlazer - 12-19-2012 04:23 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/dennis-dodd/21425151/big-east-contacts-fresno-state-and-unlv-about-joining-in-football

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - GreenHornet33 - 12-19-2012 04:34 PM

here we go again

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Uncle BLAZER - 12-19-2012 04:45 PM

I think Hawaii would be a much better choice.

I mean how much further East do get than Hawaii?

Really?

Look at a map.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - 82blazer - 12-19-2012 04:47 PM

(12-19-2012 04:45 PM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  I think Hawaii would be a much better choice.

Really?

Look at a map.

i thought Hawaii was just below Texas. That it is where it is at on my kids United States puzzles.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Matrix - 12-19-2012 04:54 PM

Unbelievable! This wreaks of desperation on the part of the conference.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Uncle BLAZER - 12-19-2012 05:03 PM

(12-19-2012 04:47 PM)82blazer Wrote:  
(12-19-2012 04:45 PM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  I think Hawaii would be a much better choice.

Really?

Look at a map.

i thought Hawaii was just below Texas. That it is where it is at on my kids United States puzzles.

Eggzackly.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Rebounder2u - 12-19-2012 05:08 PM

Big East-West and Big East East. This is funny stuff, made even funnier by schools actually entertaining this non sense.
Stop digging the Big East up,let the Big East just die.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Memphis Blazer - 12-19-2012 05:14 PM

I am surprised they aren't being asked to join all sports. They would both improve that basketball side as much as they would in football.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Memphis Blazer - 12-19-2012 05:16 PM

(12-19-2012 05:08 PM)rebounder2u Wrote:  Big East-West and Big East East. This is funny stuff, made even funnier by schools actually entertaining this non sense.

Can't believe people are still hung up on the geography.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Uncle BLAZER - 12-19-2012 05:19 PM

Hey, Maybe the Big EAST (LMFAO) will try to buy the CUSA name. With UAB and So Miss being the only 2 original members left, we can divide the money in half, pay for the OCS and call the new conference the Big East.

Seems plausible to me.

Just as plausible as UNLV being the current Big East

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Uncle BLAZER - 12-19-2012 05:20 PM

(12-19-2012 05:16 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(12-19-2012 05:08 PM)rebounder2u Wrote:  Big East-West and Big East East. This is funny stuff, made even funnier by schools actually entertaining this non sense.

Can't believe people are still hung up on the geography.

I'm not hung up on it but that doesn't mean I can't make fun of how ridiculous it is.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Memphis Blazer - 12-19-2012 05:23 PM

Do you also make fun of AT&T? Or the NAACP? Things evolve from their original names.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Rebounder2u - 12-19-2012 05:48 PM

Its called BIG EAST, Directional EastwardS, GET IT, EAST, BIG EAST. Geography not withstanding, it makes no sense, no matter how you spin it.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Memphis Blazer - 12-19-2012 05:57 PM

AT&T is the American Telephone and Telegraph Company. They don't deal with Telegraphs. There are Best Westerns all over the United States. Southwestern doesn't just fly in the southwest. Buffalo wings aren't just in Buffalo, NY. Philly Cheesesteaks can be eaten anywhere.

Why does geographic limitations only apply to sports.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Rebounder2u - 12-19-2012 06:06 PM

Because football teams dont sell telephone or products associated with them, they dont own hotels, they dont own airlines, and they dont sell chicken, if the big east did any or all of the things you mentioned it would makes sense.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - BlazingGoat - 12-19-2012 06:07 PM

(12-19-2012 05:57 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  AT&T is the American Telephone and Telegraph Company. They don't deal with Telegraphs. There are Best Westerns all over the United States. Southwestern doesn't just fly in the southwest. Buffalo wings aren't just in Buffalo, NY. Philly Cheesesteaks can be eaten anywhere.

Why does geographic limitations only apply to sports.

Gosh... I'm sure you're right. :homer:

At UAB we should start playing the Washington Huskies annually. The 30 people that would make the fly/drive/walk will totally build the game into a rivalry for the ages...

You're a sports historian... get busy adding up the rivalries and tight-knit conferences. Then compare and contrast what you find WITH THE MAP and get back with me and us. We are totally waiting waiting with bated breath for results that are obvious to anyone with a brain.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Memphis Blazer - 12-19-2012 06:19 PM

I am not advocating all the moves. I just think it is silly to think that geography and rivalries mean anything in major college athletics. Money is driving it. Accept it and quit moaning what used to be.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Memphis Blazer - 12-19-2012 06:20 PM

Oh and USC Notre Dame

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - Rebounder2u - 12-19-2012 06:29 PM

If making money is the reason for expansion and not conference positions in the pecking order, then joining a conference over 1500 miles away makes no sense.
This is about the BIG EAST doing everything it can to survive.

RE: Big East contacts Fresno State and UNLV about joining in football - KevMo4UAB - 12-19-2012 06:29 PM

Just another example of how far UAB has fallen in the eyes of others.