CSNbbs
Ticket Update - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois Archives (/forum-792.html)
+----- Thread: Ticket Update (/thread-606930.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Ticket Update - HuskieFan84 - 12-13-2012 05:42 PM

ah John.. little ones are never going toughen up if they don't start scavenging for their own food. Huskies do it the Hard way.. no better time to get them starter than now.

RE: Ticket Update - HappyHuskie - 12-13-2012 06:55 PM

(12-13-2012 05:25 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(12-13-2012 05:17 PM)HappyHuskie Wrote:  If you have a hard time paying for this year's Orange Bowl how are you going to afford it next year when NIU makes it to another BCS Bowl?

Honestly if we make it next year I will find a way to go. I just can't now because I just moved into my new house without selling my old house and there are a ton of expenses...on top of that I have 3 little ones to feed and all that.

Two mortgages and three kids?
Wait until AFTER the Orange Bowl to jump off a cliff.
It gets better, just start using birth control! With all the time you spend on here, how do you find time to make babies?

RE: Ticket Update - GoHuskies - 12-13-2012 07:52 PM

(12-13-2012 06:55 PM)HappyHuskie Wrote:  
(12-13-2012 05:17 PM)HappyHuskie Wrote:  If you have a hard time paying for this year's Orange Bowl how are you going to afford it next year when NIU makes it to another BCS Bowl?

Honestly if we make it next year I will find a way to go. I just can't now because I just moved into my new house without selling my old house and there are a ton of expenses...on top of that I have 3 little ones to feed and all that.

It gets better, just start using birth control! With all the time you spend on here, how do you find time to make babies?

I have two kids aged 4 and 1. They go to all the games and I originally was going to bring them down and then do Disney afterwards. After thinking about the mood we'd all be in after driving down there cooler heads prevailed. My parents are watching the kids and I paid the huge airfare costs. Can't wait as this feels like the culmination of something that started 14 years ago.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!! COGS

RE: Ticket Update - HappyHuskie - 12-13-2012 08:23 PM

(12-13-2012 07:52 PM)GoHuskies Wrote:  

I have two kids aged 4 and 1. They go to all the games and I originally was going to bring them down and then do Disney afterwards. After thinking about the mood we'd all be in after driving down there cooler heads prevailed. My parents are watching the kids and I paid the huge airfare costs. Can't wait as this feels like the culmination of something that started 14 years ago.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!! COGS

Only 14 years? I've been watching Huskie games for 40 years.
Your parents must be SAINTS! How much are you paying them to take the kids off your hands?

Ticket Update - Kulz007 - 12-13-2012 11:11 PM

The real point here is that we, as a school, are doing ok. The hard core fans need to dig deep and push the game. To themselves, their friends and anyone else willing to listen.

RE: Ticket Update - HuskieJohn - 12-14-2012 09:36 AM

Technically I have three mortgages. We bought the first house during the bubble times...03-banghead

No...no more kids...wife doesn't have the oven any more...almost died after giving birth. We set out to have 3 before we were 30 then be done with having kids. We made it so we are good where we are now.

RE: Ticket Update - DiehardHuskie - 12-14-2012 07:36 PM

Just read a Daily Herald story that says we're up to 6,600 tickets.

Re: RE: Ticket Update - numbersdontlie - 12-14-2012 07:49 PM

(12-14-2012 07:36 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Just read a Daily Herald story that says we're up to 6,600 tickets.

Link?

RE: Ticket Update - 17Huskies - 12-14-2012 08:51 PM

If that's true, I was hoping for a little more push by the end of this week with the loyalty points deadline, but it isn't terrible.

I think we'll get close to 10k somehow.

RE: Ticket Update - Huskie359 - 12-14-2012 10:33 PM

Here is the link to the story citing the 6600 figure

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20121214/news/712149728/

RE: Ticket Update - bigredmachine - 12-15-2012 09:14 AM

Our representation at the Orange Bowl will be the largest we have even had at a bowl. We'll be fine. BUT, I really stress that all this enthusiasm will fade after the game, regardless of the outcome, but especially if we get spanked. People who visit this board and of the others who have been aroused by this fantastic exposure, MUST commit themselves to carry it over to next year. The cost of a season ticket is less than $100. Buy one or more. Get friends to buy them. Failing to buy season tickets now, buy at least a game or two. We need to fill Huskie Stadium. We at least need to show a sizable improvement in home attendance. The west stands should be close to full. Next year we will have the Chessick Center and a new scoreboard capping the two endzones. Now we need attendance to rise to support other stadium improvements. That and the HS championships being in DeKalb will make next year's recruiting much more favorable. The Orange Bowl is a very expensive contribution and any support is welcome. The proof will be in how the NIU family shows next fall.

RE: Ticket Update - clcfball11 - 12-15-2012 11:56 AM

(12-15-2012 09:14 AM)bigredmachine Wrote:  Our representation at the Orange Bowl will be the largest we have even had at a bowl. We'll be fine. BUT, I really stress that all this enthusiasm will fade after the game, regardless of the outcome, but especially if we get spanked. People who visit this board and of the others who have been aroused by this fantastic exposure, MUST commit themselves to carry it over to next year. The cost of a season ticket is less than $100. Buy one or more. Get friends to buy them. Failing to buy season tickets now, buy at least a game or two. We need to fill Huskie Stadium. We at least need to show a sizable improvement in home attendance. The west stands should be close to full. Next year we will have the Chessick Center and a new scoreboard capping the two endzones. Now we need attendance to rise to support other stadium improvements. That and the HS championships being in DeKalb will make next year's recruiting much more favorable. The Orange Bowl is a very expensive contribution and any support is welcome. The proof will be in how the NIU family shows next fall.

This.

I plan on picking up my first season tickets next season.

RE: Ticket Update - NIUFAN - 12-15-2012 12:00 PM

I've never had season tix because I have a different size group at the game each week. I have decided to buy at least 4 season tickets for next year though, so I guess I will now be a member of that club!

RE: Ticket Update - armour248 - 12-15-2012 12:16 PM

(12-15-2012 12:00 PM)NIUFAN Wrote:  I've never had season tix because I have a different size group at the game each week. I have decided to buy at least 4 season tickets for next year though, so I guess I will now be a member of that club!

Same situation. Myself and at least two others are getting season tickets next year though.

RE: Ticket Update - chihuskie - 12-15-2012 12:18 PM

(12-15-2012 12:16 PM)armour248 Wrote:  
(12-15-2012 12:00 PM)NIUFAN Wrote:  I've never had season tix because I have a different size group at the game each week. I have decided to buy at least 4 season tickets for next year though, so I guess I will now be a member of that club!

Same situation. Myself and at least two others are getting season tickets next year though.

four buddies who never have, are getting them for next year-- (although they were told can't get them 'till Feb. I hope they dont back out!)

RE: Ticket Update - armour248 - 12-15-2012 12:21 PM

(12-15-2012 12:18 PM)chihuskie Wrote:  four buddies who never have, are getting them for next year-- (although they were told can't get them 'till Feb. I hope they dont back out!)

Good to know the February thing. Honestly I've been holding off because I'm sure the ticket office is getting killed with Orange Bowl stuff. Figured I would wait until all of the craziness subsides before contacting them.

RE: Ticket Update - ChiTownNIU - 12-15-2012 12:30 PM

Same over here....'09 undergrad & '10 Masters degree. Will be getting my 1st season tix starting with next year. Another buddy is also getting four. Hoping others my age will be doing the same coming up.

RE: Ticket Update - Springfield Soxfan - 12-15-2012 12:44 PM

This is where the marketing department needs to be more aggressive. They should be selling 2013 season ticket packages simultaneously with OB tickets. Same with the Alumni Association, they should be more diligent in selling memberships during this time. NIU could see season ticket packages for Christmas this year and they would be well received.

Re: Ticket Update - brista21 - 12-15-2012 12:47 PM

I have to say watching the glee of the Huskies faithful is awesome. Best of luck against the 'holes. I am rooting for you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

RE: Ticket Update - HuskieFootball Addict - 12-15-2012 11:29 PM

(12-15-2012 12:47 PM)brista21 Wrote:  I have to say watching the glee of the Huskies faithful is awesome. Best of luck against the 'holes. I am rooting for you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the support...we all appreciate it! It is truly a magical time for Huskie Nation.

04-cheers