CSNbbs
Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt (/thread-603398.html)

Pages: 1 2

Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - MUTeke - 11-29-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:Idaho, New Mexico State and Georgia Southern are among the Sun Belt list of schools to replace Middle Tennessee State and Florida Atlantic, CBSSports.com has learned...

CBSSports.com

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - Chappy - 11-29-2012 01:20 PM

If I ran the Sun Belt, my top two choices would be JMU & Appalachian State.

Good thing I don't run the Sun Belt!

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - MinerInWisconsin - 11-29-2012 01:23 PM

(11-29-2012 01:09 PM)MUTeke Wrote:  
Quote:Idaho, New Mexico State and Georgia Southern are among the Sun Belt list of schools to replace Middle Tennessee State and Florida Atlantic, CBSSports.com has learned...

CBSSports.com

NMSU should be their top choice and they should do it today!

Re: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - BeliefBlazer - 11-29-2012 01:25 PM

Yupp. You don't have to wait on them to reclassify. They is already here.

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - Niner National - 11-29-2012 01:26 PM

(11-29-2012 01:23 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  

CBSSports.com

03-lmfao

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - minerfan05 - 11-29-2012 01:45 PM

(11-29-2012 01:23 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  

CBSSports.com

So, it all comes full circle for them now eh? lol

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - Cherryrun - 11-29-2012 01:46 PM

Holy Crap! Sunbelt just keeps diggin a deeper hole!

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - MDH - 11-29-2012 02:02 PM

Remember that time that MWC added a bunch of WAC teams and it eventually became the WAC again? And then CUSA added a bunch of Sun Belt teams and it ___________________. The only previous teams I see not getting out of CUSA is UAB and maybe Marshall.

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - Dukes09 - 11-29-2012 02:06 PM

(11-29-2012 01:20 PM)Chappy Wrote:  If I ran the Sun Belt, my top two choices would be JMU & Appalachian State.

Good thing I don't run the Sun Belt!

if they had any sense whatsoever, they would realize that we bring far more to their conference then idaho or nmsu ever will, plus we're geographically closer. a monkey can make that obvious decision, why can't benson? there are many more qualified fcs teams then some of the bottom of fbs, and it continues to amaze me how they fail to realize this.

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - MTowho - 11-29-2012 02:08 PM

Sun Belt board is going to be on suicide watch if Idaho is added. NMSU to a lesser extent.

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - wh49er - 11-29-2012 02:09 PM

(11-29-2012 02:06 PM)Dukes09 Wrote:  if they had any sense whatsoever, they would realize that we bring far more to their conference then idaho or nmsu ever will, plus we're geographically closer. a monkey can make that obvious decision, why can't benson? there are many more qualified fcs teams then some of the bottom of fbs, and it continues to amaze me how they fail to realize this.

So why would you want to be in a conference run by someone dumber than a monkey? Amazing.

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - Cyniclone - 11-29-2012 02:21 PM

Wow, two conferences coveting New Mexico State. It's like when the canned beets are ignored until they're the only thing on the shelf at the market right before a hurricane hits, THEN suddenly they're Kobe steak with black truffles.

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - Fanof49ASU - 11-29-2012 02:22 PM

(11-29-2012 02:21 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  Wow, two conferences coveting New Mexico State. It's like when the canned beets are ignored until they're the only thing on the shelf at the market right before a hurricane hits, THEN suddenly they're Kobe steak with black truffles.

03-lmfao

03-weeping

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - blunderbuss - 11-29-2012 02:28 PM

UTEP, Rice & Tulsa to MWC after Big East adds from MWC. CUSA merges with Sunbelt to stop this insanity of more FCS move ups.

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - MTowho - 11-29-2012 02:32 PM

(11-29-2012 02:28 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  UTEP, Rice & Tulsa to MWC after Big East adds from MWC. CUSA merges with Sunbelt to stop this insanity of more FCS move ups.

Why do that when you can just add WKU, stAte, and the Cajuns and have the best of the Belt. This merging stuff is nonsense.

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - DaBigBlue - 11-29-2012 02:32 PM

Looks like the Tweets from CBS Sports are saying it's a done deal. Sweet glad to see those schools finding a home. Now the Snow Belt, oops Sun Belt goes to just 180 miles South of Canada.

Ga Southern is a good FCS addition, went down there last year for the playoff game. JMU has better all around sports, but they are still monitoring. UDel or App St could be good FCS to FBS canidates..

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - MTowho - 11-29-2012 02:42 PM

(11-29-2012 02:32 PM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  Looks like the Tweets from CBS Sports are saying it's a done deal. Sweet glad to see those schools finding a home. Now the Snow Belt, oops Sun Belt goes to just 180 miles South of Canada.

Ga Southern is a good FCS addition, went down there last year for the playoff game. JMU has better all around sports, but they are still monitoring. UDel or App St could be good FCS to FBS canidates..

Link?

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - blunderbuss - 11-29-2012 02:56 PM

(11-29-2012 02:32 PM)MTowho Wrote:  
(11-29-2012 02:28 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  UTEP, Rice & Tulsa to MWC after Big East adds from MWC. CUSA merges with Sunbelt to stop this insanity of more FCS move ups.

Why do that when you can just add WKU, stAte, and the Cajuns and have the best of the Belt. This merging stuff is nonsense.

I'd agree with that if CUSA showed they cared about that. To date CUSA added 3 upstarts in UTSA, UNCC & ODU and market grabs in FAU, FIU & UNT. Only one worth a crap as far as performance is probably MTSU.

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - Side Show Joe - 11-29-2012 03:02 PM

Don't forget LA Tech, UNT, Southern Miss, and UTSA. Basically the rest of the 2015 C-USA West division.

RE: Dodd: New Mexico State, Idaho and Georgia Southern now in play for Sun Belt - Side Show Joe - 11-29-2012 03:15 PM

CBSSports.com

New Mexico St. and Idaho make no sense for the Sun Belt. There are regional options for the Sun Belt. It makes you wonder if C-USA is about to raid them again and the Belt is expecting to lose more schools in the South then they can replace. I don't think C-USA wants to add more Belt schools, but if they are about to lose a large cluster of programs, they won't have a choice. It's going to be a stressful off-season.