CSNbbs
"Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: East Carolina (/forum-443.html)
+----- Thread: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" (/thread-593667.html)

"Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - Matrix - 10-17-2012 08:59 AM

Good morning!Alright! We know y'all are comin'! This Saturday, right!? You can't sneak up on a Dragon! Well, I like to get to know my "enemy", how many of y'all are at least planning on making the trip to Birmingham for the East Carolina - UAB game? One thing I definitely want to say before I go further. Get here and back safely, regardless of the outcome of the game. Yes, I intend to be somewhat vocal at this one and may even come over to the visitors side of the stadium (notice I didn't say "our" stadium!)...Second thing I want to ask is if your marching band is going to make the trip as well? I ask that you do not curb your enthusiasm once you get settled in, because I will not put a lid on mine! Not having fun is not an option!!! I am so looking forward to this game, maybe more than any other conference game on our schedule other than Southern Miss.

Look for a tall, brown man in Blazer gear wearing a very discernable pair of sunglasses, and that'd be me!!!! We'll be waiting for you "invaders" this saturday, take care and travel safely.

East Carolina ..... No Quarter Given!
UAB - ..... None Taken!

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - PirateTreasureNC - 10-17-2012 08:41 PM

[Image: dragonslayer-1.jpg]

You going to the game Matrix?

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - ECUPirated - 10-17-2012 09:59 PM

Really lookin forward to this game. Lose and the win-loss-win-loss cycle continues and how quickly the Memphis blasting is forgotten. Win and we go into the home heavy second half of the season with a 2 game win streak, 5-3 overall, 4-1 in conference and a game away from bowl eligibility heading into the Navy game. I'd say good luck Matrix, but I'd be lyin. We need this one and I hope the Pirates continue what was started in the Memphis game minus the fumbles.

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - Matrix - 10-18-2012 10:21 AM

(10-17-2012 08:41 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  [Image: dragonslayer-1.jpg]

Yes, Sir! I'm going to try and get there an hour or two before kickoff.

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - Matrix - 10-18-2012 10:22 AM

(10-17-2012 09:59 PM)ECUPirated Wrote:  I'd say good luck Matrix, but I'd be lyin.

03-lmfao Completely Understood!!!

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - Chappy - 10-18-2012 04:26 PM

I guess Saturday we'll find out if it's Dragonslayer or Dragon's Lair.

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - PirateTreasureNC - 10-18-2012 08:08 PM

(10-18-2012 10:21 AM)Matrix Wrote:  
(10-17-2012 08:41 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  [Image: dragonslayer-1.jpg]

Yes, Sir! I'm going to try and get there an hour or two before kickoff.

It would be a cool deal if you could take and post some pictures.

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - Matrix - 10-19-2012 01:39 PM

(10-18-2012 04:26 PM)Chappy Wrote:  I guess Saturday we'll find out if it's Dragonslayer or Dragon's Lair.

03-lmfao Indeed. By the way, for those of you who have yet to acquire tickets to the game that are definitely coming to Birmingham, I have a pair of Club Section tickets for sale (reasonable), where you can eat, drink and be merry in very comfortable confines during the game, it all comes with the ticket, get a free program and all the extra perks that go with it. I think you'll enjoy the experience, their chicken fingers are to die for!!!

If anyone that is going is interested, please hit me up by PM and let's discuss arrangements.

Note of interest: I don't do this for every Conference USA fan legion, especially Memphis and Southern Miss! 03-lmfao

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - Matrix - 10-21-2012 05:30 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen of East Carolina, congratulations on a hard fought, high-spirited game in which your Pirates triumphed. That #21 (Cooper) was a beast in the backfield, if he's not playing on Sundays someday, something is wrong with the world. I came over to what amounted to be the winning side of the stadium at halftime, sat for a few minutes and went back. I really thought we had y'all when we went up by 8 in the 3rd, but I knew y'all wouldn't quit and our defense has some serious issues to address. Just came down to who wanted it more, ECU's offense or UAB's defense.

Even though we lost, I had a great time and hope anyone who went that frequents this board got back home safe and sound...

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - PirateTreasureNC - 10-21-2012 08:12 PM

(10-21-2012 05:30 PM)Matrix Wrote:  Ladies and Gentlemen of East Carolina, congratulations on a hard fought, high-spirited game in which your Pirates triumphed. That #21 (Cooper) was a beast in the backfield, if he's not playing on Sundays someday, something is wrong with the world. I came over to what amounted to be the winning side of the stadium at halftime, sat for a few minutes and went back. I really thought we had y'all when we went up by 8 in the 3rd, but I knew y'all wouldn't quit and our defense has some serious issues to address. Just came down to who wanted it more, ECU's offense or UAB's defense.

Even though we lost, I had a great time and hope anyone who went that frequents this board got back home safe and sound...

Matrix, I think UAB will be real dangerous next season. Your QB and receivers are legit. Your D wasn't too bad as far a CUSA teams go. I think you guys can get another 3 wins with who is left on your schedule if your team stays mentally in it.

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - ECUPirated - 10-21-2012 10:56 PM

(10-21-2012 05:30 PM)Matrix Wrote:  Ladies and Gentlemen of East Carolina, congratulations on a hard fought, high-spirited game in which your Pirates triumphed. That #21 (Cooper) was a beast in the backfield, if he's not playing on Sundays someday, something is wrong with the world. I came over to what amounted to be the winning side of the stadium at halftime, sat for a few minutes and went back. I really thought we had y'all when we went up by 8 in the 3rd, but I knew y'all wouldn't quit and our defense has some serious issues to address. Just came down to who wanted it more, ECU's offense or UAB's defense.

Nice game Matrix. The Blazers played well and since I couldn't do it before the game this weekend, I definitely wish you guys all the luck and success in the world the rest of the season.

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - Matrix - 10-23-2012 01:29 PM

(10-21-2012 10:56 PM)ECUPirated Wrote:  

Nice game Matrix. The Blazers played well and since I couldn't do it before the game this weekend, I definitely wish you guys all the luck and success in the world the rest of the season.

Much obliged. That is one tenacious bunch of football players y'all got. Good luck to ECU the rest of the way as well.

RE: "Invasion Of The Pirates!!!" - Matrix - 01-03-2015 09:07 PM

(10-21-2012 08:12 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

Matrix, I think UAB will be real dangerous next season. Your QB and receivers are legit. Your D wasn't too bad as far a CUSA teams go. I think you guys can get another 3 wins with who is left on your schedule if your team stays mentally in it.

Damn if you didn't nail this on the head, one year later! Sorry about how the Birmingham Bowl went, I was there and rooted for ECU. So close to pulling that one out. Really enjoyed having you all here today.