CSNbbs
Can't wait for basketball - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: UTEP (/forum-454.html)
+----- Thread: Can't wait for basketball (/thread-593244.html)

Pages: 1 2

Can't wait for basketball - Pyrizzo - 10-14-2012 06:12 PM

Go miners!!

RE: Can't wait for basketball - mistabinks - 10-14-2012 06:20 PM

I'm off for the scrimmage and the first game. Can't wait!

RE: Can't wait for basketball - RUNVSFD MINER - 10-14-2012 08:35 PM

What did you see Mista?

RE: Can't wait for basketball - mistabinks - 10-14-2012 10:06 PM

My bad. I meant I do not work those days. I know my schedule in advance. I am off on those days.

Scrimmage Saturday, Oct. 27

First game 11/3/12

RE: Can't wait for basketball - randaddyminer - 10-14-2012 10:18 PM

it can't get here soon enough

RE: Can't wait for basketball - RUNVSFD MINER - 10-14-2012 10:29 PM

(10-14-2012 10:06 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  My bad. I meant I do not work those days. I know my schedule in advance. I am off on those days.

Scrimmage Saturday, Oct. 27

First game 11/3/12

F--k it! Lie to us, and make it seem like you did go and saw something spectacular!....
Ease this football pain anyway you can.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - Fitbud - 10-15-2012 10:04 AM

Don't get your hopes up too high. UTEP basketball also has one of the toughest schedules they have had in a long time and Tim Floyd teams are notorious for getting off to slow starts.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - Pyrizzo - 10-15-2012 05:41 PM

(10-15-2012 10:04 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Don't get your hopes up too high. UTEP basketball also has one of the toughest schedules they have had in a long time and Tim Floyd teams are notorious for getting off to slow starts.

Here he is to wreck the day...as expected. 03-zzz

RE: Can't wait for basketball - RUNVSFD MINER - 10-15-2012 06:49 PM

I'll tell you who is notorious, and for what....

RE: Can't wait for basketball - Fitbud - 10-16-2012 09:57 AM

Just trying to keep it real.

Tim is going to have a good basketball team but they likely will be an NIT team at best.

You heard it here first.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - Pyrizzo - 10-16-2012 11:09 AM

(10-16-2012 09:57 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Just trying to keep it real.

Tim is going to have a good basketball team but they likely will be an NIT team at best.

You heard it here first.

Keep it real in another thread. The intent was to show my excitement for the upcoming basketball season not a projection of dominance. You obviously reared your ugly head where it was not welcome.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - Fitbud - 10-16-2012 11:40 AM

There is nothing wrong with being excited for basketball season. I too am excited about basketball. I'm simply pointing out that we should keep our heads about how the season my go.

I got caught up in the hype for football and now I've got season tickets with no desire to go to the remaining games.

I'm just warning people not to make the same mistake that I did.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - mistabinks - 10-16-2012 02:38 PM

Yes. Because we should only buy tickets and support our local university if they are winning. Under no circumstances should you be a true fan and supporter and continue to buy tickets for losing football and basketball teams - programs that fund the entire athletic department and pay for a lot of other bills too.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - Fitbud - 10-17-2012 01:22 PM

(10-16-2012 02:38 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  Yes. Because we should only buy tickets and support our local university if they are winning. Under no circumstances should you be a true fan and supporter and continue to buy tickets for losing football and basketball teams - programs that fund the entire athletic department and pay for a lot of other bills too.

You bring up a common argument. That people should support athletics regardless of record.

I would counter that this is exactly what season ticket holders do. People like them are in the position to actually pay for season tickets are in fact doing just that. Supporting athletics regardless of their record.

Most El Pasoans cannot afford to be season ticket holders. If they only have the income to go out once a week, they aren't going to blow their load on a losing program. They are going to opt for another event.

For these people. I cannot blame them if they would rather spend their money somewhere else.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - mistabinks - 10-17-2012 01:34 PM

We don't need "most El Pasoans" to blow their load on losing program. We only need 52,000 to do so six times a year. We only need 12,000 to do so about 18 times a year. It's great!

RE: Can't wait for basketball - Fitbud - 10-17-2012 01:57 PM

(10-17-2012 01:34 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  We don't need "most El Pasoans" to blow their load on losing program. We only need 52,000 to do so six times a year. We only need 12,000 to do so about 18 times a year. It's great!

You are correct. We only need 50k for football and 12k for basketball.

Why isn't that happening?

Either El Paso's economy is such that very few people can afford to watch them play or that El Paso just isn't a good sports town.

I prefer to believe the former.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - mistabinks - 10-17-2012 02:07 PM

I don't think it is one or the other but rather somewhere in the middle. Along with a few other reasons. The money is there. When the basketball team is doing well, the Don sells out. Look at Barbee's last year here.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - Fitbud - 10-18-2012 01:20 PM

You are absolutely right. When the teams are good, attendance is good especially in the Don. But that is still only a 10k stadium.

I truly believe that El Paso is a a great sports town. I just don't think they have the kind of income to regularly support professional sports teams.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - mistabinks - 10-18-2012 01:22 PM

I agree. We couldn't support the nba or nfl. Not a full season. MiLB, yes. MLS, maybe.

RE: Can't wait for basketball - BREVO - 10-19-2012 10:18 PM

I can't wait for the season to start. I'm looking forward to a great season, CUSA Championship, and a berth in the Big Dance. Think BIG! I'm so excited, I'm thing about buying a house in El Paso, it's been 20 years since I left.