CSNbbs
NEXT: New Hampshire - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: NEXT: New Hampshire (/thread-587867.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

NEXT: New Hampshire - CameramanJ - 09-15-2012 08:44 PM

...now that Campbell is out of the way, it's time to contemplate the possibilities of our next gridiron engagement: New Hampshire.

Definitely the biggest challenge we have faced so far this season.

38-16

...go time.

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - Old Dominion Navy - 09-16-2012 02:16 AM

Can't wait to start our last season as CAA conference members. Time to upgrade!

NEXT: New Hampshire - Monarch Maniac 10 - 09-16-2012 11:14 AM

ODU- 45
UNH- 35

Can't stop our offense. Big test for our defense, but scrambling QBs still give us fits.

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - Mr. Monarch - 09-16-2012 12:00 PM

Little nervous after watching our defense still not being able to handle the option. Lets hope we can get that straight very quickly

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - EverRespect - 09-16-2012 12:14 PM

ODU 48
UNH 21

This team is going undefeated this year and winning a national championship. I can feel it.

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - djnva - 09-16-2012 01:26 PM

(09-16-2012 12:00 PM)Mr. Monarch Wrote:  Little nervous after watching our defense still not being able to handle the option. Lets hope we can get that straight very quickly

We might not fact that again this year...

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - DaBigBlue - 09-16-2012 03:39 PM

Our defense was really getting caught with the ball fakes and over pursuits. On RealtimeRPI we're the 2nd ranked FCS team this week.

http://realtimerpi.com/football/ncaaf_Men.html

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - BlueBlood14 - 09-16-2012 04:27 PM

(09-16-2012 12:00 PM)Mr. Monarch Wrote:  Little nervous after watching our defense still not being able to handle the option. Lets hope we can get that straight very quickly

I was thinking the same thing. However, I guess we can chalk it up to the fact that they didnt prepare for it during the week.. Or at least thats what Im telling myself so I can sleep better at night03-zzz

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - odusteeler - 09-16-2012 05:43 PM

This is probably the best team to come to Foreman Field in the last 4 years. I hope the team prepares as such!

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - paintedblue - 09-16-2012 05:50 PM

(09-16-2012 05:43 PM)odusteeler Wrote:  This is probably the best team to come to Foreman Field in the last 4 years. I hope the team prepares as such!

Last season's JMU team was pretty good, Cal-Poly wasn't too shabby either.

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - odusteeler - 09-16-2012 06:27 PM

The Cal-Poly team didn't make the playoffs & last years JMU team had a back-up qb. This NH team has made the playoffs 8 straight years & is used to challenging (and beating) FBS schools. No disrespect to the other opponents we've faced, but I'd wager this is our stiffest home challenge yet.

NEXT: New Hampshire - Monarch Maniac 10 - 09-16-2012 06:36 PM

Didn't w&m take earn a top ranking the first year we played them?

Either way, I think some may underestimate UNH. To be fair, it's still a game we should win.

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - bit_9 - 09-16-2012 08:54 PM

This game will be high scoring and fun to watch. I predict us winning by 2 touchdowns and quite possibly down at the 1/2, but ultimately winning.

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - Petey Hodge - 09-16-2012 11:01 PM

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg5Nht-nwLAeBKhkZ-PnB...Al25f1pllg]

"I think you overestimate their chances."

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - devyanks90 - 09-17-2012 12:40 AM

Cal Poly was a triple option team in 2010, which is why they destroyed us. Anyways this will be a shootout.

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - ODUalum78 - 09-17-2012 08:34 AM

ODU 41-27 ODU offense better than last year, but the defense is as yet untested and unknown. If the defense is not up to the task, UNH could put up a lot of points. Game could be a mirror of the ODU-GaSo playoff, and go either way, but as has been pointed out, historically that has only been an issue with teams running the triple option.

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - odufansam - 09-17-2012 11:16 AM

Just got done listening to the CAA conference call and New Hampshire's coach had lots of praise for ODU. He said he feels like our skill players are as talented, if not more talented, than Minnesota's. He watched alot of ODU on film last season in preparation for CAA opponents that we had in common.

Wilder got on afterwards and talked about how good UNH is. They have been to the playoffs the last 8 straight seasons. He said they have been one of the best teams in the CAA, year in and year out, for the last decade. In order to achieve such a feat, you have to have tremendous coaching. They will definitely come prepared this weekend.

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - finalcloud - 09-17-2012 12:16 PM

(09-17-2012 11:16 AM)odufansam Wrote:  Just got done listening to the CAA conference call and New Hampshire's coach had lots of praise for ODU. He said he feels like our skill players are as talented, if not more talented, than Minnesota's. He watched alot of ODU on film last season in preparation for CAA opponents that we had in common.

Wilder got on afterwards and talked about how good UNH is. They have been to the playoffs the last 8 straight seasons. He said they have been one of the best teams in the CAA, year in and year out, for the last decade. In order to achieve such a feat, you have to have tremendous coaching. They will definitely come prepared this weekend.

Do you normally listen to the CAA conference call? Also I would believe it would be a weekly "blowing smoke up someone's @$$" call. If you routinely listen to them, has there ever been a case were a coach said "We going destory State U....and thats the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold said so"?

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - djnva - 09-17-2012 03:16 PM

Wilder is on 94.1 today at 6:26.

RE: NEXT: New Hampshire - USBARNES76 - 09-18-2012 09:59 AM

Not specifically about New Hampshire, but falls in line with the "next" game. Coach was right, in scheduling up for an FBS team, you may get a nice payday, but at what price. Mathews indicates they had 13 players unable to practice monday. 4 are out for the week. 1 for ACL surgury. If your goal is to complete the season and compete for the brass ring, you plan to keep everyone healthy and ready to play every game.