CSNbbs
Is the highscool talent in Northeast too diluted - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Is the highscool talent in Northeast too diluted (/thread-58683.html)

- PusherT - 10-08-2005 11:20 AM

We have BC,Rutgers, Notre Dame,Penn State ,SU and now Uconn all trying to keep the local talent

I think USF was added for this exact reason +"good Football" but it seems that only a few programs are getting the best talent in the region (BC,ND) I just can't see Syracuse getting the top NE recruites I only hope we can go down to Texas/California and recruite there

- Ring of Black - 10-08-2005 11:38 AM

I have a hard time believing such a densely populated area of the country (NYC, Philly, Boston, DC, Pittsburgh, etc) has diluted assortment of HS talent.

You Cuse fans are quite a bit down, partially understandable. But, you just need the right offensive players on the field and an understanding of the new system and you'll be fine. Rome wasn't built in a day.

- SF Husky - 10-08-2005 11:47 AM

Lemmiwinks Wrote:I have a hard time believing such a densely populated area of the country (NYC, Philly, Boston, DC, Pittsburgh, etc) has diluted assortment of HS talent.

You Cuse fans are quite a bit down, partially understandable. But, you just need the right offensive players on the field and an understanding of the new system and you'll be fine. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Thats my point. FB will improve over time. People in the NE are not built differently than folks in FLA, Texas or California. However, I do believe BE schools have to recruit better in CA and Texas, both are gold mine for FB talents. I live in CA and I hope UCONN would recruit here too than just in the east coast.

- Von Lichtenstein - 10-08-2005 12:46 PM

All of the high schools in Florida have spring football and some train all year long which develops players. The Miami area generally produces the best talent in the state on a yearly basis. A high school from Miami competes for the state championship almost every year. The Miami Hurricanes are so good because they are in a recruiting hot bed.

- USFBullSpit - 10-08-2005 12:59 PM

There is a reason why almost every school in the country recruit Florida talent. Even schools like Texas, USC, and some Big 10 schools have started to invade.

- USFPDiddy - 10-09-2005 01:02 AM

USFBullSpit Wrote:There is a reason why almost every school in the country recruit Florida talent. Even schools like Texas, USC, and some Big 10 schools have started to invade.
Although, in fairness the other 2 major hotbeds are in cali and texas. USC and UT recruit EVERYWHERE, and kyle wright is from Cali. UM also goes outside the state, just as other national programs invade.

In the end, if you're a good program, you can get and keep good players, no matter where you are. Except maybe alaska.

- Krocker Krapp - 10-09-2005 03:33 PM

The high school talent in the Northeast isn't diluted. It just branches out and goes to colleges everywhere. Big East teams need to do a better job of keeping even more of the prime talent at home. If someone would put together a group of Northeast high school all-stars, they would probably do just fine in games against high school all-stars from most other areas of the country.