CSNbbs
YouTube Video from Legion Field - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: YouTube Video from Legion Field (/thread-585746.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

YouTube Video from Legion Field - Burn the Horse - 09-04-2012 12:12 PM

My friend filmed this from the home side of Legion Field during our game against the Blazers this past weekend. The commentary is brief but hilarious.

BTW, we scored again after this was shot.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Usajags - 09-04-2012 12:22 PM

In the UAB page they have a thread featuring an article about how the foundation has been laid at UAB, that there was no panic at halftime, going in down by 10. There is a plan in place and they worked that plan. They were even flaunting how at one point they brought the score back to within 2 in the second half.

I would respond over there, but I am banned from there page, but that plan worked just as I would want it to..They lost....again. Go UAb, straight to hell.

THANK YOU TROY for beating those losers.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - panama - 09-04-2012 12:35 PM

That isnt how I read that thread at all. But sure why not.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Smaug - 09-04-2012 12:35 PM

You're an angry little gnome, aren't you?

"Losers"?

Didn't you just lose at home to mighty UTSA?

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Usajags - 09-04-2012 12:37 PM

Why yes, yes we did.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Usajags - 09-04-2012 12:41 PM

And it's not anger, just well directed "dislike".

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Atlanta Trojan - 09-04-2012 12:46 PM

Why are u banned from the UAB board?

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Usajags - 09-04-2012 12:50 PM

They don't like it when someone points out truths about their situation within Birmingham and the UA system. Attallablaze got real offended and banned me. At least that is who I think it was. Those people are real sensative and have really really short fuses.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Atlanta Trojan - 09-04-2012 12:51 PM

(09-04-2012 12:50 PM)Usajags Wrote:  They don't like it when someone points out truths about their situation within Birmingham and the UA system. Attallablaze got real offended and banned me. At least that is who I think it was. Those people are real sensative and have really really short fuses.

I talk trash over there all the time. lol

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Smaug - 09-04-2012 01:11 PM

IIRC, jag popped up on blazertalk throwing smack out of the gate, irritated the hell out of everyone and was shown the door.

Blazer fans know the score regarding our place in Birmingham and the UA system. We didn't need it pointed out to us by someone clearly throwing rocks at a hornet's nest.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Usajags - 09-04-2012 01:20 PM

You can come with whatever reason you want for why I was booted, the truth is I never attacked anyone, didn't use foul language and my post were percise and to the point. My first post was a little harsh, but it was the truth about the situation with them and the UA BOT. Can't help that satellite campus thinks they should be driving the bus.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Atlanta Trojan - 09-04-2012 01:21 PM

(09-04-2012 01:11 PM)Smaug Wrote:  IIRC, jag popped up on blazertalk throwing smack out of the gate, irritated the hell out of everyone and was shown the door.

Blazer fans know the score regarding our place in Birmingham and the UA system. We didn't need it pointed out to us by someone clearly throwing rocks at a hornet's nest.

I will say 9 times out of 10 I dont go over there to throw smack...It may turn into smack after a few posts.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - OwlFamily - 09-04-2012 01:26 PM

(09-04-2012 01:21 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  I will say 9 times out of 10 I dont go over there to throw smack...It may turn into smack after a few posts.

Not that UAB can talk a lot of smack about SBC teams, they have lost quite a bit to us.

Sorry Blazer, couldnt help it. 04-cheers

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Usajags - 09-04-2012 01:32 PM

I think it was the USA over UAb last season in basketball that did it. Their claim is being in a "better" conference. Being associated with something that is preceived to be better doesn't make you better by association. But that is all they see.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Usajags - 09-04-2012 01:44 PM

This is my last post on their board. We were talking about all the expansion and that ridiculous mega conference that was being formed. This is a copy and paste of my last post. Then I was banned.

Usajags Wrote: : I'm not trashing it, I don't understand it. I want someone to explain it to me without using the word money.

EdisonDoyle Wrote: We've explained it. You won't listen. Better teams, much better money, stability, stay with the teams we're familiar with, get ahead of the trend in college football. Why do you care what our league does anyway? Worry about what the sunbelt does.

Usajags Wrote:

1. Better teams, not really, maybe better named teams, but not better on the field.

2. Stability, How is something that is brand new and never tried before stable???

3. Teams your familiar with, you are joining in a league that you have never been associated with and are seperated by 1000,s of miles

4. Getting ahead of the trend, who knows what the trends are, everything is constintly changing right now. The BCS is even in the works of being changed. There is no trends.

5. Why do I care? Because I am a college football fan that has supported more then one C-USA team over the years. I don't see how this makes the experience better.

Then I got banned. 03-nutkick

How'd that mega conference work out for you guys???

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Buccaneerlover - 09-04-2012 02:40 PM

(09-04-2012 12:50 PM)Usajags Wrote:  They don't like it when someone points out truths about their situation within Birmingham and the UA system. Attallablaze got real offended and banned me. At least that is who I think it was. Those people are real sensative and have really really short fuses.

Messageboard fans in general are too sensitive. Question anyone's program, even if it's a truth backed by fact and 95 percent of the posters in the entire network of csnbbs go bat$#!T crazy over it. The Hot Mess Conference (NBE) members get the most tweaked, especially the new members. Refer to Memphis as T!g3r #!gh, watch their fans literally come completely unglued.
Now that I've said that, let the flames begin. Here, i'll even help. ETSU doesn't even have football! uh huh, huh huh huh, uh huh. 04-cheers

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Smaug - 09-04-2012 03:48 PM

(09-04-2012 01:20 PM)Usajags Wrote:  You can come with whatever reason you want for why I was booted, the truth is I never attacked anyone, didn't use foul language and my post were percise and to the point. My first post was a little harsh, but it was the truth about the situation with them and the UA BOT. Can't help that satellite campus thinks they should be driving the bus.

The satellite campus (that generates 80% of the UA system's revenue) maybe shouldn't get to drive the bus, but it damn sure deserves to have a say on its route.

You rubbed not just some posters the wrong way, but damn near everybody. What's more likely, that a whole bunch of people were being thin-skinned, or one guy was being a jerk?

That was your last post before being banned. Now, copy/paste the ones before that. There weren't many.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Usajags - 09-04-2012 05:38 PM

My first post on the al'mighty blazertalk, this was in a thread about what, that's right, conference realignment. I think all my post were in the same topic, not the same thread. Someone mentioned something about UAb going to a bowl game.

UAB in a bowl game, don't you have to win 6 games in one season first??? You guys are further behind then us, and we just got here.

This was the post that really seemed to get everyone against me, even more then saying UAb was behind USA, and what was this thread about, that's right, conference realignment.

Here is a question for you guys, how long will the UA BoT allow UAB to hemerage money from football before they decide to just shut that down?? Then you get no stadium, no team, and you end up in the A-10. Also, how much money is this new merger really going to create??? If you act as 2 sub-conferences, does that bring any more interest to a UNLV-Wyoming game then it does with the current set up???

As far as the comment that in Alabama it's UA or AU, in Georgie it UGA or GaTech, while that is mostly true, there is room for other teams. Even in Alabama, Troy has decent support, South is gaining momentum, just because UAB gets no support doesn't mean other schools don't. This is not a smack talk comment, just an observation.

I will also say, I live in the Birmingham area, have for over 10 years. Over that 10 years I have been to quite a few UAb games, and cheered for the boys in green and gold. I also hear all the local talk about UAb, from the local TV stations, radio stations and newspaper. And let me tell everyone, UAb gets all but zero local coverage. The only reason they get any coverage now is due to one of the local sports stations guys claims to be a UAb fan.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Usajags - 09-04-2012 05:48 PM

I posted this after getting told I was smack talking from the last two comments,

We play a full D-IA schedule this coming season. We will play a full SBC schedule, however we will not be eligible for championships or bowls. Not saying we will be in that hunt, just stating the rules.

I live in Birmingham, have for about 8 years and have gone to plenty of UAB football games and supported them. And I have been to plenty of UAB games that Legion Field was practically empty, and yes I was at the game when Rubin Studdard sang at halftime and you guys set a C-USA attendance record up to that date. How much better would attendance be at UAB games if you were to play Troy, USA, MTSU, SMU, Tulane. I think that with the USA and MTSU you would see better attendance then you will when UAB plays UTEP, Nevada or Wyoming.

The worst part for UAB football is that when they have had a chance to really capitalize on a game, they lost. Everytime any momentum has been felt, they lost. Winning cures alot, with the new coach, if he wins, fans will be in the stands.

Good luck to you guys, but just like the SBC, I will not go away. At least not for now. 03-nutkick

So somewhere these comments got me banned. They are thin skinned and can't handle somebody coming into their sandbox and building anything other then a UAb themed sandcastle. They were fun to play with and I really miss that part.

RE: YouTube Video from Legion Field - Burn the Horse - 09-04-2012 05:59 PM

can we get off yalls drama, and enjoy the drama I was trying to get started? thank you.