CSNbbs
Espn & UCF - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1020.html)
+----- Forum: UCF (/forum-442.html)
+----- Thread: Espn & UCF (/thread-585610.html)

Espn & UCF - jaredf29 - 09-03-2012 03:22 PM

Despite the consistent bashing of the BE joe tessitore describes UCF as having a pretty good team, when referring to the Tay injury.

RE: Espn & UCF - TampaKnight - 09-03-2012 08:52 PM

Our team should be good enough to net at least 9 wins this season. Considering how our offense has started on the right foot, our only major obstacles should be UTEP and East Carolina, all things considered.

RE: Espn & UCF - Kruciff - 09-03-2012 11:56 PM

(09-03-2012 08:52 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  Our team should be good enough to net at least 9 wins this season. Considering how our offense has started on the right foot, our only major obstacles should be UTEP and East Carolina, all things considered.

UTEP has an inept offense as of the current evidence. East Carolina... I don't know. You can't teach a QB accuracy and Rio does not have it. I don't see a problem from them unless they change QB's

RE: Espn & UCF - CommuterBob - 09-04-2012 09:11 AM

The only reason ECU worries me is the game is on a short week (at least we don't have to travel) and just after Missouri. The other games that get me worried are @Tulsa and @Marshall. Both of those will be tough road games.

RE: Espn & UCF - Inigo - 09-07-2012 03:41 PM

(09-03-2012 03:22 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  Despite the consistent bashing of the BE joe tessitore describes UCF as having a pretty good team

Sounds like we have a secret ACC invitation on the way.

RE: Espn & UCF - Chevelle - 09-08-2012 09:47 PM

We surprisingly have been getting a lot of love from the ESPN talking heads, even before the OSU game today. Herbstreit, Corso, Fowler, Robert Smith, and Gilmore all gave us some praise. Slowly but surely, we are gaining some national respect.

RE: Espn & UCF - Knight Crawler - 09-08-2012 09:54 PM

(09-08-2012 09:47 PM)Chevelle Wrote:  We surprisingly have been getting a lot of love from the ESPN talking heads, even before the OSU game today. Herbstreit, Corso, Fowler, Robert Smith, and Gilmore all gave us some praise. Slowly but surely, we are gaining some national respect.

Yea i really liked it when Lee Corso called us Southern Cal but i agree Robert Smith (OSU Grad) was unbiased at halftime.

RE: Espn & UCF - MWD1001 - 09-09-2012 01:52 AM

(09-08-2012 09:47 PM)Chevelle Wrote:  We surprisingly have been getting a lot of love from the ESPN talking heads, even before the OSU game today. Herbstreit, Corso, Fowler, Robert Smith, and Gilmore all gave us some praise. Slowly but surely, we are gaining some national respect.

ESPN is NOTORIOUS for talking up the teams they are about to showcase or are currently showing (i.e. halftime love). It's all part of their sensationalistic style of self-promotion and ratings mongering. I wouldn't read too much into it, but I tend to agree that UCF does get at least 1 or 2 annual games on the network, mostly because of Orlando's top 20 TV market. It's unfortunate that other C-USA schools like Southern Miss, ECU and Tulsa don't get the same respect on this network.

RE: Espn & UCF - Chevelle - 09-09-2012 09:45 AM

(09-09-2012 01:52 AM)MWD1001 Wrote:  ESPN is NOTORIOUS for talking up the teams they are about to showcase or are currently showing (i.e. halftime love). It's all part of their sensationalistic style of self-promotion and ratings mongering. I wouldn't read too much into it, but I tend to agree that UCF does get at least 1 or 2 annual games on the network, mostly because of Orlando's top 20 TV market. It's unfortunate that other C-USA schools like Southern Miss, ECU and Tulsa don't get the same respect on this network.

Absolutely agree. They definitely play upon Orlando's market. Herbstreit was discussing Nebraska on Gameday yesterday and he basically called Southern Miss a cupcake. Even though USM lost Fedora and their QB, they still are the defending C-USA champions, and look to be a team that will still win some football games; they deserve SOME respect the next season for their successes in the previous one. No respect for any small market non-AQ schools. Especially towards Tulsa when they beat Notre Dame last year, it was as if Tulsa didn't even exist.