CSNbbs
O/T Podcast? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: O/T Podcast? (/thread-584151.html)

O/T Podcast? - AlexAlvarado - 08-27-2012 03:30 PM

I just want to target you guys w/ this question because, well, this would be part of the target audience.

What are your guys (and ladies, I know/hope you're out there to answer!) think about having an EMU-sports based podcast to listen to?

I'll be the main guy running it & operating the podcast. It'll be promoted by our Eagle Nation Fan Section facebook & twitter pages for all to hear, as well as have an mp3 file that you can download to put on your iPod or MP3 Player to play when you're walking around, in your house, at your computer, in your car, whatever.

My two main reasons for wanting to do this are:
1) I'm a Radio Broadcasting major, so this is good practice for myself personally, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
2) It's different & I'm not too sure if there is anybody else doing this for EMU sports, so why not?

I'm aiming for it to be up & ready for download either tomorrow or Wednesday night. Furthermore, if anybody is thinking "yeah, that's a good idea because you can talk about (topics you are thinking of)" I would LOVE to have you guys email me or message me through here on specific topics you want to hear!

So, would anybody be inclined to listen when I give this thing the old college try? I'd really appreciate some support! Thank you all for at least reading!

[e-mail: aalvara1@emich.edu]

RE: O/T Podcast? - EagleSam - 08-27-2012 03:40 PM

Absolutely! I would listen for sure.

RE: O/T Podcast? - EMUAARON - 08-27-2012 04:30 PM

I love the idea. i've always wondered what it would cost to do a streaming live show that is then saved as a podcast. i like the live aspect because then you could take callers (i'd love to be one of your callers).

good luck to you.

RE: O/T Podcast? - masttg - 08-27-2012 04:41 PM

Keep it short...sports talk can be insufferable.

RE: O/T Podcast? - NUPudge - 08-27-2012 05:58 PM

I'be sent you a email.. Count me in on this...

RE: O/T Podcast? - AlexAlvarado - 08-30-2012 12:46 AM

http://alexalvarado13.podomatic.com/entry/2012-08-29T22_33_51-07_00

enjoy!

RE: O/T Podcast? - EagleSam - 08-30-2012 09:07 AM

Cool, I'll check it out when I get home from work. No speakers on my office computer...we are pretty archaic.

RE: O/T Podcast? - EMUAARON - 08-30-2012 09:40 AM

"basically, promote ourselves" hahahahhahahahha

this is great!!!!

RE: O/T Podcast? - EMUAARON - 08-30-2012 10:21 AM

just finished the podcast. that was my favorite. glad you put this together.

if you're looking for another Ypsi band to mention, my band is called The Skye Thomas Experience. we're on facebook. we're also playing at Woodruff's on Sept 19 if you're interested.

RE: O/T Podcast? - NUPudge - 08-30-2012 01:40 PM

I listened to the Podcast and great job, how often and are you reaching out to the AD department for guests players and coaches? I must say I enjoied it. Will you be broadcasting during tailgate times also? Also, what about callin ?