CSNbbs
Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates (/thread-583299.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - anothertigerfan - 08-22-2012 10:43 AM

@UCFSports: Big East commish Mike Aresco specifically mentioned BYU & Air Force as expansion targets moments ago during interview

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - KnightLight - 08-22-2012 10:44 AM

Radio archive of the interview should be up later today.

Aresco specifically mentioned 14 as the key number of football members, not 16.

Obviously, Navy is the 13th member, set to join in 2015.

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Ring of Black - 08-22-2012 11:01 AM

What station/site?

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - KnightLight - 08-22-2012 11:02 AM

(08-22-2012 11:01 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  What station/site?

It was on 740 AM in Orlando.

Once its up on their archive, I'll post.

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Wilkie01 - 08-22-2012 11:07 AM

This raise a question what if BYU and Air Force both want to join? Do we add them both? Do we go to 16? Or , do we stop at 14, and which one do we take? There is a lot to think about on this one. 07-coffee3

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - NJRedMan - 08-22-2012 11:14 AM

(08-22-2012 11:07 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  This raise a question what if BYU and Air Force both want to join? Do we add them both? Do we go to 16? Or , do we stop at 14, and which one do we take? There is a lot to think about on this one. 07-coffee3

Take them both along with Fresno! Pod system!

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Frank the Tank - 08-22-2012 11:16 AM

(08-22-2012 11:07 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  This raise a question what if BYU and Air Force both want to join? Do we add them both? Do we go to 16? Or , do we stop at 14, and which one do we take? There is a lot to think about on this one. 07-coffee3

If they both want to come, then take them both and add in Fresno State as #16. I'll repeat what I've stated previously that Air Force is much more likely than BYU (which I think is fine - the service academies are great additions).

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Ring of Black - 08-22-2012 11:19 AM

Thanks KL 04-bow

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Ring of Black - 08-22-2012 11:21 AM

(08-22-2012 11:16 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  

If they both want to come, then take them both and add in Fresno State as #16. I'll repeat what I've stated previously that Air Force is much more likely than BYU (which I think is fine - the service academies are great additions).

I would personally take one or the other, and stop if they both decline. If AFA accepts first, then BYU, and they make the determination that the addition of Fresno is worth it to get BYU in, I guess that is fine.

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Blackhawk-eye - 08-22-2012 11:22 AM

The new hire knows the part very well already. He's on a blitz before he officially takes the job. I like what I'm seeing and hearing thus far.

For all the brow beating some of us had the past few months about the lack of presence, it looks like it may have been worth the wait.

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - monty - 08-22-2012 11:32 AM

(08-22-2012 11:16 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  

where are they putting their other sports that have won 2 or 3 MWC titles in 13 years and generally finish below .500?

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - KnightLight - 08-22-2012 11:35 AM

(08-22-2012 11:07 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  This raise a question what if BYU and Air Force both want to join?

There is actually a long list of teams WANTING to join the Big East...but like with them, Big East will most likely invite the one that will help bring the largest TV $$$ with them.

If one of them get left out this go around, odds are, that team will ALWAYS be available...just like all the others...so if in the future an opening pops up...they might be the call then.

Big East will always have a "waiting list"...which is actually a GOOD thing to have.

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Blackhawk-eye - 08-22-2012 11:39 AM

Obviously BYU and AFA are at the top of the list, but I would think UMass, ECU, Fresno, Colorado State and Army are somewhere on the second tier (in no particular order).

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Footballjunky - 08-22-2012 11:53 AM

Please for the love of god not 16 teams. Us SDSU fans are trying to get away from the goats up in the mountains. if there is a pod of SDSU, Boise, BYU and AFA that puts us right back in a conf. / pod with teams we culturally have little in common with. Also (this is just my opinion) I believe recruiting is hurt for SDSU because Southern California recruits don't want to play at altitude and cold if they don't have to. Would much rather have a pod of say SDSU, Boise, Houston and say USF.

16 is also just too unwieldy.

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Frog in the Kitchen Sink - 08-22-2012 12:00 PM

Isn't it a bit unusual for a commish to specifically mention names of expansion candidates. Sure they get leaked all the time, or maybe others will throw out names, but this striked me as the first time I've heard a commish throw out names before an announcement.

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - TripleA - 08-22-2012 12:08 PM

(08-22-2012 12:00 PM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  Isn't it a bit unusual for a commish to specifically mention names of expansion candidates. Sure they get leaked all the time, or maybe others will throw out names, but this striked me as the first time I've heard a commish throw out names before an announcement.
I'm pretty sure Marinatto named BYU and AFA, too. And the B12 has mentioned Notre Dame publicly, too.

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - SuperFlyBCat - 08-22-2012 12:09 PM

(08-22-2012 12:08 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(08-22-2012 12:00 PM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  Isn't it a bit unusual for a commish to specifically mention names of expansion candidates. Sure they get leaked all the time, or maybe others will throw out names, but this striked me as the first time I've heard a commish throw out names before an announcement.
I'm pretty sure Marinatto named BYU and AFA, too. And the B12 has mentioned Notre Dame publicly, too.

I think he even met with AFA, out there.

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - TripleA - 08-22-2012 12:12 PM

Yeah, and Marinatto mentioned Army before, too.

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Borncoog74 - 08-22-2012 12:18 PM

I know for a FACT that the Big East will NOT go beyond 14 teams.

And, like i have said countless times before, there is a 99% chance it is going to be BYU.

Frank The Tank does not approve this message.03-phew

RE: Aresco mentions BYU and Air Force as expansion candidates - Wilkie01 - 08-22-2012 12:20 PM

BYU
Air Force
Army

Well, it would work.