CSNbbs
What improvements would you like to see on campus? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1020.html)
+----- Forum: UCF (/forum-442.html)
+----- Thread: What improvements would you like to see on campus? (/thread-581203.html)

Pages: 1 2

What improvements would you like to see on campus? - jaredf29 - 08-07-2012 05:19 PM

I have a few ideas: I'd like to see a knight statue on the main entrance throwing a gauntlet down and facing Tampa, a brick stadium facade with Gothic theme, a Gothic themed bell tower to be rung on day game victories, an extension of Greek park to include all fraternities and sororities, a bike trail maybe.

These are just some ideas I think would enhance campus. More of a "if I was in charge" type of thing.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - TampaKnight - 08-07-2012 05:53 PM

Would love more small businesses to open restaurants in Athletic Village near the arena. I visited UCF the year before I went, and they had Red Brick Pizza. Loved that place before it closed down. Knightro's is great, but we need more local restaurants that we can be proud to have on campus.

Getting tired of seeing Sbarro/Smoothie King. USF has Sbarro. Now WACKADOO'S is awesome. Absolutely dig all the old MAC/I-AA swag for football and basketball in there.

As far as something NOT related to good food, would be nice to maybe have local bands play on weekends near the Reflection Pond. Would be really cool to have more places on campus to have events.

I don't honestly think we need to build too much more in regards to buildings on campus.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - knighthead1 - 08-07-2012 09:26 PM

Mountain Dew to be sold on campus..... Killed me not having it around when I lived in the dorms.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - knighthead1 - 08-07-2012 09:27 PM

As well as a moving side walk all the way around campus 03-lmfao

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - CorporateRobot - 08-08-2012 11:43 AM

I would like to see them bury the power lines along Alafaya near between McCullough and University Blvd. They distract from that nice electronic sign.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - SublimeKnight - 08-09-2012 11:55 AM

I'd like to see some national championship banners by someone other than our cheer squads. :)

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - atsKnight - 08-09-2012 08:32 PM

(08-09-2012 11:55 AM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  I'd like to see some national championship banners by someone other than our cheer squads. :)

+1 for that.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - CokeSlurpee711 - 08-11-2012 07:39 PM

Trees, trees, trees, trees, trees

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - Kruciff - 08-11-2012 07:48 PM

(08-11-2012 07:39 PM)CokeSlurpee711 Wrote:  Trees, trees, trees, trees, trees

Have you been to memory mall recently?

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - TampaKnight - 08-12-2012 09:01 PM

(08-11-2012 07:48 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

Did they put some in the middle sections of the mall? Or outer edge along the sidewalks?

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - Kruciff - 08-12-2012 10:15 PM

(08-12-2012 09:01 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  

Did they put some in the middle sections of the mall? Or outer edge along the sidewalks?

Outer Edge, the length of memory mall on both sides. Somewhere on the order of 30 Oak trees, akin to Ole Miss.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - jaredf29 - 08-12-2012 10:47 PM

Nice. It's been over a year since I've been to campus I wonder how much it's changed already.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - TampaKnight - 08-12-2012 11:09 PM

(08-12-2012 10:15 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 09:01 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  

Outer Edge, the length of memory mall on both sides. Somewhere on the order of 30 Oak trees, akin to Ole Miss.

Pray that our tailgaters and fans treat the place well. Next time I'm up there, I'll need to get some pics. Memory Mall is great, just felt barren. 03-razz

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - knightmite - 08-25-2012 07:57 AM

(08-07-2012 05:19 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  I have a few ideas: I'd like to see a knight statue on the main entrance throwing a gauntlet down and facing Tampa, a brick stadium facade with Gothic theme, a Gothic themed bell tower to be rung on day game victories, an extension of Greek park to include all fraternities and sororities, a bike trail maybe.

These are just some ideas I think would enhance campus. More of a "if I was in charge" type of thing.

I agree. I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - jaredf29 - 08-25-2012 12:35 PM

I kind of thought it might be cool to have our players walk through some kind of "victory" arch or something from when they enter the stadium.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - that1guyy - 09-08-2012 09:55 PM

I'd like to see more use of the athletic logo around campus. I do like that our athletics department has been much more active than last year. Personally I think BHNS is long overdue for a Knight themed nickname. Could you imagine the stadium themed to look like a castle? It fits perfectly in my opinion. The knights defending their castle. It could even get to the point of having a working drawbridge that lowers for the players. So much potential

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - that1guyy - 09-08-2012 09:59 PM

(08-07-2012 05:19 PM)jaredf29 Wrote:  I have a few ideas: I'd like to see a knight statue on the main entrance throwing a gauntlet down and facing Tampa, a brick stadium facade with Gothic theme, a Gothic themed bell tower to be rung on day game victories, an extension of Greek park to include all fraternities and sororities, a bike trail maybe.

This sounds awesome. Like I said so much potential at UCF

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - Chevelle - 09-08-2012 10:29 PM

The bell tower is an incredible idea. Maybe down the road, we build an Athletic (gothic themed) building connected to the student section endzone with the bell tower on top of it so you could see the bell from inside the stadium. Then, right after a home victory, the bell is rung by someone like Knightro right after the clock hits 0:00.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - Knight Crawler - 09-11-2012 11:55 AM

(09-08-2012 10:29 PM)Chevelle Wrote:  The bell tower is an incredible idea. Maybe down the road, we build an Athletic (gothic themed) building connected to the student section endzone with the bell tower on top of it so you could see the bell from inside the stadium. Then, right after a home victory, the bell is rung by someone like Knightro right after the clock hits 0:00.

It sounds very overdone but that being said I kinda like the idea of a bell tower or something that you can see from inside the stadium. Something like touchdown jesus at Notre Dame.

RE: What improvements would you like to see on campus? - Kruciff - 09-11-2012 12:27 PM

I've always been an advocate for a Bell Tower. Maybe we could use that instead of the sound bite on third / fourth downs?