CSNbbs
Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game (/thread-580603.html)

Pages: 1 2

Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - NUPudge - 08-03-2012 08:26 AM

I figure I would try to beat my friend EmuSteve to this.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - EagleSam - 08-03-2012 08:32 AM

QB: Gillett (no doubts, especially after his spring performance).
RB: Sherrer (I, for one, think he's going to have a monster year if he stays healthy)

WR: Olds-Reed-Shelby (watch out for QJones)
TE: Hoskins (with Russell off the bench, we have the best TE's in the MAC)

OL: Neal-Watman-Sorgatz-Allison-Hansen (All are returning starters or guys with starting experience)

If we find some consistency from the WRs, this will be a VERY potent offense.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - emu steve - 08-03-2012 08:44 AM

(08-03-2012 08:32 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  QB: Gillett (no doubts, especially after his spring performance).
RB: Sherrer (I, for one, think he's going to have a monster year if he stays healthy)

WR: Olds-Reed-Shelby (watch out for QJones)
TE: Hoskins (with Russell off the bench, we have the best TE's in the MAC)

OL: Neal-Watman-Sorgatz-Allison-Hansen (All are returning starters or guys with starting experience)

If we find some consistency from the WRs, this will be a VERY potent offense.

I really think the WR position is the only one which is up for grabs esp. as WR is a good position for a true frosh with talent to come in and make his mark.

Otherwise, take last year's returnees and pencil them in again...

Agree about a big year for Scherer and Gillett and Hoskins.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - TheWoodenNickle - 08-03-2012 09:05 AM

We know that EMU has all the firepower to beat up opponents with the running game and short passing game but they potentially have a collection of playmakers on offense too. Greene, Brumfield, Allen, Reed, etc...

Donald Scott was M.I.A. last year and Jay Jones is an intriguing WR. Both are speedsters, something EMU has not had a lot of recently.

Karcher's play calling was horrendously predictable in some of those games last year. If the "3-yards-and-a-cloud of-rubber-pellets" offense is not working they need to mix things up better.

Speed kills and EMU has the weapons.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - KPJ - 08-03-2012 09:10 AM

The name on the top of my watch list:

BRONSON HILL

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - emu steve - 08-03-2012 10:05 AM

(08-03-2012 09:10 AM)KPJ Wrote:  The name on the top of my watch list:

BRONSON HILL

I want to add "Jay Jones" as a potential surprise.

I believe he looked like the real deal in the spring scrimmage.

And yes, I like Scherer, Greene, Hill, Brumfield, etc. Some very good players lining up behind Gillett.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - KPJ - 08-03-2012 01:49 PM

I'll second the motion for Jay Jones.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - NUPudge - 08-03-2012 02:09 PM

Okay everyone, I had to think about this before listing it.

QB: Gillett (We need to decide on the 1st backup)
OL: Neal-Watman-Sorgatz-Allison-Hansen (The same as last year starters)
TE: Hoskins
RB: Greene, (He may have a breakout year)

WR: Dustin Creel -Reed-Jay Jones

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - emu steve - 08-03-2012 02:12 PM

(08-03-2012 02:09 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  Okay everyone, I had to think about this before listing it.

Creel? Too much to drink at lunch? 05-nono

He would be a surprise. A true frosh that wasn't a 3 star recruit.

FWIW, under what could have been:

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1207897.html

Marriow might start at FB for Ne.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - EagleSam - 08-03-2012 02:39 PM

(08-03-2012 02:09 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  Okay everyone, I had to think about this before listing it.

Olds was our most consistent receiver last year. Unless he's hurt, he'll almost certainly start the BSU game.

Same with Sherrer. Greene is a big play guy, but Sherrer is a better all around back. Guarantee he'll start.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - NUPudge - 08-03-2012 03:36 PM

The great thing about this type of threads, is everyone join in this debate and everyone will have valet points /reasoning on why you believe it.

I decided to go with Creel because he wasn't a 3 star WR but neither was D. Reed and he may have been our best WR after he get his hand on the ball.

Jay Jones is the real deal and is one of the reasons Coach want to throw the ball more. Jones has the height and bulk to cause problems with 1-on-1 coverage.

Olds may be the most consistent WR but I get the feeling Karcher is looking for best all-purpose WR. He may get time on 3rd down or if we spread teams out.

Lots of people are sleeping on B. Hill, this kid is a freak of a football players (speed, size, and talent).

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - michman83 - 08-03-2012 04:47 PM

(08-03-2012 02:39 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  

Olds was our most consistent receiver last year. Unless he's hurt, he'll almost certainly start the BSU game.

Same with Sherrer. Greene is a big play guy, but Sherrer is a better all around back. Guarantee he'll start.
I'm with you on Olds. He's gotta be playing.

At RB, given the punishment the guys take, I'd say Sherer and Greene should be splitting time.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - Bob Wickersham - 08-04-2012 06:52 PM

(08-03-2012 04:47 PM)michman83 Wrote:  

I'm with you on Olds. He's gotta be playing.

At RB, given the punishment the guys take, I'd say Sherer and Greene should be splitting time.
There is no doubt that Olds will start. He is our most reliable receiver and is a steadying influence out there. Keep an eye on Mitchell Dawkins. The kid has talent.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - emu steve - 08-07-2012 05:56 AM

Sam, Sam, Sam...

Did you put the EagleSam jink on Nick Olds????

(read down a few Tweets. ACL/MCL 8/5). Ugh!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=@Nick80Olds

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - EagleSam - 08-07-2012 06:47 AM

Yikes. I hope I don't have the jinx this year...

Although, I've put "if he stays healthy" after basically every player on the team that I have mentioned on these boards...If we are playing exclusively with back-ups come midseason, then you guys can blame me 03-banghead.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - NUPudge - 08-07-2012 09:30 AM

(08-07-2012 06:47 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  Yikes. I hope I don't have the jinx this year...

Although, I've put "if he stays healthy" after basically every player on the team that I have mentioned on these boards...If we are playing exclusively with back-ups come midseason, then you guys can blame me 03-banghead.

Hey EagleSam,

I have an idea, we will assign you the name titled "Temporary Cheerleader" for the team we are playing against that week, so you could pass this magical jinx to the team we are going against. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - EagleSam - 08-07-2012 09:41 AM

I'll start now. Keith Wenning is a hell of a player, if he's healthy.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - NUPudge - 08-23-2012 03:49 AM

When is the depth chart coming out? I think I may have won this challenge.

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - emu steve - 08-23-2012 06:36 AM

(08-23-2012 03:49 AM)NUPudge Wrote:  When is the depth chart coming out? I think I may have won this challenge.

The way to win this is to correctly pick the WRs and, in your case, RB as you picked Greene.

Are you suspecting that your WRs picks are putting you over the top?

RE: Name the '11' offensive starters for the BSU game - emu steve - 08-23-2012 09:00 AM

(08-23-2012 03:49 AM)NUPudge Wrote:  When is the depth chart coming out? I think I may have won this challenge.

We'll know Monday when the Game Notes come out.

They will have the 2-deeps.