CSNbbs
Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Coastal Team Talk (/forum-346.html)
+----- Forum: PITTbbs: Forbes Ave. (/forum-406.html)
+----- Thread: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend (/thread-579741.html)

Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - cabe23 - 07-27-2012 09:04 PM

@GregPickel: Text came in from Dorian Johnson who said will not be traveling 2 #PennState tomorrow along with other 13 recruits

Sounds good to me. I dont care if he picked them over us, we need good players. Especialy OL.

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - ClairtonPanther - 07-27-2012 09:13 PM

Absolutely... We need as many OLman as humanly possible...

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - miko33 - 07-27-2012 09:35 PM

Love to have the guy commit to Pitt. This could potentially be just like the situation with J.P. Holtz from last year.

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - ClairtonPanther - 07-28-2012 11:03 AM

any updates

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - 7fielder - 07-28-2012 12:29 PM

If Dorian Johnson doesn't go to PSU then it is either hoopieville or O$U. Pitt isn't even on his list anymore...

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - Hokie Mark - 07-28-2012 01:12 PM

(07-28-2012 12:29 PM)7fielder Wrote:  If Dorian Johnson doesn't go to PSU then it is either hoopieville or O$U. Pitt isn't even on his list anymore...

What a wuss... probably afraid to play in the ACC vs Va Tech every year!

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - ndlutz - 07-28-2012 03:01 PM

I've thought all along since the PSU players were able to be released that he'd go to OSU. I don't blame him, really. He seemed to go to Penn State because he wanted to play in front of big crowds for a big school. He called that "big time football" which kind of pissed some Pitt fans off on other message boards and was probably a poor choice of words, however, I think that provides a little glimpse into his mindset.

Based on that, I think he goes to OSU.

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - Hokie Mark - 07-28-2012 05:47 PM

(07-28-2012 03:01 PM)ndlutz Wrote:  I've thought all along since the PSU players were able to be released that he'd go to OSU. I don't blame him, really. He seemed to go to Penn State because he wanted to play in front of big crowds for a big school. He called that "big time football" which kind of pissed some Pitt fans off on other message boards and was probably a poor choice of words, however, I think that little glimpse into his mindset.

Based on that, I think he goes to OSU.
Oh, my bad. He's a prima donna wuss. I hope he's on the team when the Hokies play the Buckeyes!

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - 7fielder - 07-28-2012 08:39 PM

Hokie Mark is a good poster...

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - ClairtonPanther - 07-30-2012 10:39 AM

I like the way HokieMark thinks.

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - 7fielder - 07-30-2012 11:44 AM

I also heard recently that Dorian Johnson doesn't get along too well with Rushell Shell. That means there was never any chance of him coming to Pitt and if I had to choose between one or the other?

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - ClairtonPanther - 07-30-2012 12:00 PM

If I was to pick on or the other, I'd prefer the OLman. But, my opinion is irrelevant. LMFAO.

Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - ithacan_warrior - 07-31-2012 11:10 PM

I hope that isn't the case. And I'm just wondering out loud about what sort of relationship those two have outside of football games and possibly some camps spent together. Hardly anything to really base fit in a team on.

If Dorian doesn't want to come to Pitt, I'm sure there are other more relevant reasons than a relationship with Shell. Not like everyone on a team has to really get along anyway. There's always cliques, just like anything in life.

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - ClairtonPanther - 08-01-2012 05:12 AM

Great point ithacan about cliques. We see them on a daily basis whether in our families, and work. So I'm pretty sure that DJ could find friends within the football program.

RE: Dorian Johnson not visiting PSU with other recruits this weekend - ndlutz - 08-01-2012 12:08 PM

If I chose where I was going to go to college based on not liking people who went there or were going to be in my program, I guess I would have had to go to California!

Seriously, though, that's a really stupid reason not to go somewhere. Teammates don't always get along and they don't have to. Expecting that you're going to get along with everyone can be pretty childish. Now if he said he hated Chryst I would understand.