CSNbbs
How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Atlantic Team Talk (/forum-345.html)
+----- Forum: Syracuse (/forum-408.html)
+----- Thread: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? (/thread-577728.html)

How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - cuseroc - 07-12-2012 12:10 PM

Please share your opinions as to how many wins SU will get this upcoming football season.

Northwestern w
USC L
Stoney Brook w
Minnesota w
Missouri L
Pitt w
Louisville L
Rutgers w
Temple w
Cincy w
Uconn w
USF L

SU goes 8-4 during regular season

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - OrangeCrush22 - 07-12-2012 12:55 PM

Northwestern (W)
USC (L)
Stony Brook (W)
@Minnesota (W)
Pitt (W)
@Rutgers (W)
UConn (W)
@USF (W)
@Cincinnati (L)
Louisville (L)
@Mizzou (L)
@Temple (W)

8-4 (5-2)

The only difference I have from yours are the UC and USF games.

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - cuseroc - 07-12-2012 01:13 PM

(07-12-2012 12:55 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Northwestern (W)
USC (L)
Stony Brook (W)
@Minnesota (W)
Pitt (W)
@Rutgers (W)
UConn (W)
@USF (W)
@Cincinnati (L)
Louisville (L)
@Mizzou (L)
@Temple (W)

8-4 (5-3)

cincy has alot of kids leaving including key offensive players. They should be ripe.

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - OrangeCrush22 - 07-12-2012 03:30 PM

(07-12-2012 01:13 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
USC (L)
Stony Brook (W)
@Minnesota (W)
Pitt (W)
@Rutgers (W)
UConn (W)
@USF (W)
@Cincinnati (L)
Louisville (L)
@Mizzou (L)
@Temple (W)

8-4 (5-3)

cincy has alot of kids leaving including key offensive players. They should be ripe.

Probably, I just have a feeling we'll go on a small slide at the end of the season.

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - omniorange - 07-13-2012 11:23 AM

Northwestern (W)
USC (L)
Stony Brook (W)
@Minnesota (W)
Pitt (L)
@Rutgers (W)
UConn (L)
@USF (L)
@Cincinnati (L)
Louisville (L)
@Mizzou (L)
@Temple (W)

5-7.

Cheers,
Neil

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - HtownOrange - 07-14-2012 08:07 AM

Marrone has the team in a position in which they can win any game, but our experience and depth can fail us at any time. I think 7-8 wins is probable.

Northwestern
Stoneybrook
Minnesota
Rutgers
UConn
USF
Cincy
Temple

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - Hokie Mark - 07-16-2012 04:54 AM

As an outsider looking in, I think these are the 3 game which will tell the tale:

UConn
@USF
@Cincinnati

win all 3 and you could end up 8-4; lose all 3 and you just go home.

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - cuseroc - 07-18-2012 09:02 AM

Come on guys, we need morepicks as to how many games that SU will win. This is stickied so that we can refer to this thread during the season. You dont have to be a Syracuse fan.

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - Chris02M - 07-29-2012 12:55 PM

Northwestern (W)
USC (L)
Stony Brook (W)
@Minnesota (L)
Pitt (W)
@Rutgers (W)
UConn (W)
@USF (L)
@Cincinnati (W)
Louisville (L)
@Mizzou (L)
@Temple (W)

7-5

anyone have times and tv for the games so far i know the tv for the 1st 2 weeks

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - Hokie Mark - 07-29-2012 02:35 PM

(07-29-2012 12:55 PM)Chris02M Wrote:  ...anyone have times and tv for the games so far i know the tv for the 1st 2 weeks
This is what we know so far...
Sept. 1 - Northwestern at Syracuse, ESPN2, noon
Sept. 8 - Southern California vs. Syracuse in East Rutherford, N.J., ABC, 3:30
Sept. 22 - Syracuse at Minnesota, BTN, 8
Oct. 5 - Pittsburgh at Syracuse, ESPN, 7
Oct. 19 - Connecticut at Syracuse, ESPN, 8
Nov. 23 - Syracuse at Temple, ABC/ESPN, TBA
Excellent schedule, lots of national TV exposure!

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - Hokie Mark - 11-03-2012 05:04 PM

(07-16-2012 04:54 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  As an outsider looking in, I think these are the 3 game which will tell the tale:

UConn
@USF
@Cincinnati

Well, ya won 2 of the swing games; it looks like 5-6 going to Temple for the finale (along with VT, who will also be 5-6 IMO)

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - cuseroc - 11-04-2012 03:53 PM

(11-03-2012 05:04 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(07-16-2012 04:54 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  As an outsider looking in, I think these are the 3 game which will tell the tale:

UConn
@USF
@Cincinnati

Well, ya won 2 of the swing games; it looks like 5-6 going to Temple for the finale (along with VT, who will also be 5-6 IMO)

Yeah, the Cuse could'nt beat Cincy when the refs were making bad calls thruout the game against SU, and Doug Marrone was also making a couple of bad calls. I dont normally complain about the refs but SU was obviously cheated on a few calls. Your team is down by 11, mid 4th qtr, and you have a 4th down and 2, deep into the opponents field and your team has momentum on your side. How do you go for a 42 yard field goal when your kicker has already missed a closer field goal in this very game and has been missing close field goals for much of the season? How do you not go for the 4th and 2?

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - Hokie Mark - 11-04-2012 09:19 PM

(11-04-2012 03:53 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(11-03-2012 05:04 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

UConn
@USF
@Cincinnati

Yeah, the Cuse could'nt beat Cincy when the refs were making bad calls thruout the game against SU, and Doug Marrone was also making a couple of bad calls. I dont normally complain about the refs but SU was obviously cheated on a few calls. Your team is down by 11, mid 4th qtr, and you have a 4th down and 2, deep into the opponents field and your team has momentum on your side. How do you go for a 42 yard field goal when your kicker has already missed a closer field goal in this very game and has been missing close field goals for much of the season? How do you not go for the 4th and 2?
Have to agree with you, Cuseroc. My rule of thumb in situations like that (down by 2 scores in the 4th) is you must always try to get the TD first because you can't be sure that the other team won't get another FG - in which case you'll need 2 TDs instead of a TD + FG. So long story short, SU should have gone for it on 4th & 2 in that situation.

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - cuseroc - 11-10-2012 11:36 PM

(07-12-2012 12:10 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Please share your opinions as to how many wins SU will get this upcoming football season.

Northwestern w
USC L
Stoney Brook w
Minnesota w
Missouri L
Pitt w
Louisville L
Rutgers w
Temple w
Cincy w
Uconn w
USF L

These are the results so far. SU wont win 8 games during the regular season, but they can win 8 games if they can manage to beat Temple and Mizzu and win a bowl game.

Northwestern L
USC L
Stoney Brook w
Minnesota L
Missouri Not played yet
Pitt w
Louisville w
Rutgers L
Temple Not played yet
Cincy L
Uconn w
USF w

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - cuseroc - 11-25-2012 07:55 AM

(07-12-2012 12:10 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Please share your opinions as to how many wins SU will get this upcoming football season.

Northwestern w
USC L
Stoney Brook w
Minnesota w
Missouri L
Pitt w
Louisville L
Rutgers w
Temple w
Cincy w
Uconn w
USF L

Looks lile I was off by 1 game, as well who SU actually won and loss to. But going 7-5 against that schedule and beating Mizzu on the road, as well as a highly ranked Louisville, is impressive. It was a solid season for SU. the only loss that s even close to being a bad loss is the Minnesota game, but even they are still going to a bowl.

RE: How Many Games Will Cuse Win This Season? - OrangeCrush22 - 11-25-2012 06:40 PM

USC (L)
Stony Brook (W)
@Minnesota (W)
Pitt (W)
@Rutgers (W)
UConn (W)
@USF (W)
@Cincinnati (L)
Louisville (L)
@Mizzou (L)
@Temple (W)

8-4 (5-2)

I didn't do too badly. I was wrong about the late season slide, though. 03-lmfao