CSNbbs
How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds (/thread-577295.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - Burn the Horse - 07-09-2012 08:55 PM

http://gojaxstate.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5670

weren't they talking about how they could roll over us and they should move up and join the Conference? jsualumnus was their main cheerleader over here, he seems to have suffered a change of heart.

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - Atlanta Trojan - 07-09-2012 09:03 PM

JSU will be forever FCS. They offer NOTHING.

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - AlaIllTex - 07-09-2012 09:08 PM

They didn't get picked. I can understand their frustration. I diagree that adding Alabama teams necessarily is a problem. I don't think Jacksonville State was the best option available otherwise we'd have added them. I don't see JSU as a natural rival for South necessarily.

They want to move up. They can't right now. It's about as upsetting as it was for WKU and USA watching the rest of the league move up and being left out..

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - Burn the Horse - 07-09-2012 09:11 PM

forget JSU, they are right where they belong...in the FCS. they didn't get invited because they don't bring anything to the table other than another mouth to feed.

their fans wanted to move up and the SBC was their only shot. Now that they realize we aren't going to take them they are acting as if WE arent good enough for THEM. 03-lmfao

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - Atlanta Trojan - 07-09-2012 09:22 PM

They follow SBC news as much as this board does.....all they do is...

[Image: Crying-252BBaby-252BNatural-252BHigh-252...2BMoms.jpg]

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - Burn the Horse - 07-09-2012 09:41 PM

Oh yeah, I fully expect to see a response either on here or on their home board regarding this thread.

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - Fanof49ASU - 07-09-2012 09:58 PM

Isn't JSU an all black school?

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - troy4ever21 - 07-09-2012 10:04 PM

(07-09-2012 09:58 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Isn't JSU an all black school?

That's Jackson State. This is Jacksonville State.

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - JoeJag - 07-09-2012 10:31 PM

They're one of four former Alabama state teachers colleges.

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - Burn the Horse - 07-09-2012 10:32 PM

they are nobodys. 05-stirthepot

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - jsualumnus - 07-10-2012 05:36 AM

Pure hatred for JSU! Ha!!! Love it... And you say you don't HATE Jax State... C'mon, dudes. Reality is that there are concerns that JSU leadership doesn't do enough to get JSU prepared for the future, though Koegel is a much welcomed addition, and the latest BS with the APR (on the men's basketball team) has all the alumni pissed, but the fact remains that it isn't just about Football.

Those of you that claim JSU offers nothing just spout an undealt-with hatred from your mouths. Every school offers something. "Burn", I still believe, has a major issue with JSU that he's not talking about, and that is totally fine, but my point has ALWAYS been that JSU is moving to FBS sooner than later. The school has no choice if it wants to grow its academics, athletics, and enrollment. Plus there's talk about another moratorium being started by FCS conferences. Which happens first... Chicken or the egg? The claim most of you make that JSU would be inconsequential in your conference is laughable. It's an average conference, and that's about it. I'm not knocking it, and I'm not saying that JSU wouldn't want to be in the Belt. I do think people at JSU have forgotten about it because they want a better fit for natural rivalries with other FCS teams that are looking to move up as well.

I'm not having a change of heart. I still want JSU to go FBS...just not in the SunBelt. We're a better fit with App State, Ga Southern, JMU, and Liberty rather than most teams in the Belt... I would like to play Troy again, South Alabama, and FIU... That would be great, but I don't want to join a conference that doesn't want us.

"Atlanta Trojan".... Back up your claim... The posts you put on here are more about bitching than constructive comments.

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - jsualumnus - 07-10-2012 05:57 AM

(07-09-2012 10:32 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  they are nobodys. 05-stirthepot

Okay, Burn... Calling you out on the grammar and spelling... At least I learned something at JSU...03-nutkick

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - RidgeRunner - 07-10-2012 07:32 AM

(07-10-2012 05:36 AM)jsualumnus Wrote:  I'm not having a change of heart. I still want JSU to go FBS...just not in the SunBelt. We're a better fit with App State, Ga Southern, JMU, and Liberty rather than most teams in the Belt... I would like to play Troy again, South Alabama, and FIU... That would be great, but I don't want to join a conference that doesn't want us.
You are confusing forum posters with SBC's presidents. The former like to talk but the latter make the decisions. Impress the latter and you are in.

That said, what does JSU have to offer?

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - Burn the Horse - 07-10-2012 07:34 AM

Uhhh, they beat Ole Miss once upon a time. 03-lmfao

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - AlaIllTex - 07-10-2012 08:15 AM

I dont get this Troy-JSU rivalry. Must've been something special. Can't wait for USA to have something like that.

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - trojanblood - 07-10-2012 09:34 AM

As much as you would like for the USA/TROY game to turn into the JSU/TROY rivlary, it will never happen. It will be a rilvary none the less, but it will never be what the TROY/JSU rivalry was. I graduated from TROY, but always respected JSU for what they bring to the table. I may get flogged for this, but to me the JSU and TROY have always mirrored each other. For what it is worth, I am not the only one that believes that. There is plent of people I know that from both sides of the fence that feel the same way.

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - dahbeed - 07-10-2012 09:39 AM

(07-10-2012 09:34 AM)trojanblood Wrote:  As much as you would like for the USA/TROY game to turn into the JSU/TROY rivlary, it will never happen. It will be a rilvary none the less, but it will never be what the TROY/JSU rivalry was. I graduated from TROY, but always respected JSU for what they bring to the table. I may get flogged for this, but to me the JSU and TROY have always mirrored each other. For what it is worth, I am not the only one that believes that. There is plent of people I know that from both sides of the fence that feel the same way.

we had the same relationship with eku.

no more.

we don't even talk about them. some of the old timers do but honestly i've been surprised how quickly they've faded away.

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - trojanblood - 07-10-2012 09:48 AM

(07-10-2012 09:39 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 09:34 AM)trojanblood Wrote:  As much as you would like for the USA/TROY game to turn into the JSU/TROY rivlary, it will never happen. It will be a rilvary none the less, but it will never be what the TROY/JSU rivalry was. I graduated from TROY, but always respected JSU for what they bring to the table. I may get flogged for this, but to me the JSU and TROY have always mirrored each other. For what it is worth, I am not the only one that believes that. There is plent of people I know that from both sides of the fence that feel the same way.

we had the same relationship with eku.

no more.

we don't even talk about them. some of the old timers do but honestly i've been surprised how quickly they've faded away.

Same here. even though the rivalry between the schools were strong but hatred between the bands was worse than on the field during the game. IT WAS UGLY!!! I feel the same way about it as you, I dont really talk about anymore, does it make me cringe when it is brought up??......OH YEA, but just a distant memory

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - jsualumnus - 07-10-2012 10:02 AM

It's a respect thing for those of us that were there. It was a great rivalry, but there is no reason for the newer generation to keep it going, obviously... But it was a great thing.

RE: How Quickly JSU Fans Change Their Minds - Burn the Horse - 07-10-2012 10:22 AM

Yeah, the rivalry died when we moved up to FBS and left the Gamecocks behind. None of the younger fans know a thing about it.