CSNbbs
2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons (/thread-575053.html)

2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - bit_9 - 06-21-2012 09:09 AM

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/06/ads-recommend-letting-odu-play-caa-football-title

Not much info on it but last paragraph of that article:

"Note Linebacker Ervin Johnson and defensive end Rahsaan Moore have left the program for personal reasons. Moore transferred to ODU in January from the University of Maryland and Johnson transferred from Dean Junior College, also in January. Wilder said both were in good academic standing."

Anyone have info on this? Moore come here and find out he wasn't a instant starter?

Edit: this might have been discussed in another thread but I missed it. Did a search and nothing turned up.

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - CameramanJ - 06-21-2012 12:38 PM

Not sure if there's a positive here...at least it was transfers.

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - ODU True Blue - 06-21-2012 12:40 PM

Was discussed some 2 weeks ago at Monarch Nation.

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - EverRespect - 06-21-2012 12:41 PM

One opens up a spot for Key.

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - ODU True Blue - 06-21-2012 12:44 PM

Do you think Wilder will pick up a player who was kicked off another team at ODU?

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - bit_9 - 06-21-2012 01:12 PM

(06-21-2012 12:40 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  Was discussed some 2 weeks ago at Monarch Nation.

Saw that... but it was just stated that they left. And then someone said better that it happened now than during the season. Didn't seem like a good discussion? Curious if anyone had any other info on em. Other than the 2 year transition thing being a possibility. Shrug

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - bit_9 - 06-21-2012 01:14 PM

(06-21-2012 12:44 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  Do you think Wilder will pick up a player who was kicked off another team at ODU?

That's what I was thinking. Suspended from one place. I assume we gave em a look and a bad egg is a bad egg.

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - EverRespect - 06-21-2012 02:09 PM

I should have added the 05-stirthepot

I was kidding.

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - bit_9 - 06-21-2012 03:10 PM

I thought you meant kicked off MD, I wasn't even responding to the Key thing because I knew you were kidding about that. hah

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - Mr. Monarch - 06-21-2012 09:21 PM

According to a source who is very reliable, Key is on the football team. I know nothing about these 2 players but they probably left because they got news they wont get much PT.

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - Monarchs - 06-22-2012 07:29 AM

(06-21-2012 09:21 PM)Mr. Monarch Wrote:  According to a source who is very reliable, Key is on the football team. I know nothing about these 2 players but they probably left because they got news they wont get much PT.

Really? I would love to hear more information about your source. Not saying you're wrong. I just remember the "social and academic problems" thing...

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - bigunb74 - 06-22-2012 09:06 AM

Just talked to a current player after morning workouts and he said he isn't aware Key is on or working out with the football team. Just thought I'ld pass that on.

RE: 2 FB Players Leave for Personal Reasons - Razor Ramon Monarch - 06-23-2012 02:35 AM

There is no chance Key is playing football after getting his scholarship pulled from the basketball team.

That is NOT how college athletics work. Key may end up getting another shot at a different University, but I have to think his days at ODU are over.

Where there was smoke there was fire about Key getting kicked off the basketball team but there is NOTHING to indicate he is switching to football whatsoever.