CSNbbs
Some changes coming to Hton - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Marshall (/forum-434.html)
+----- Thread: Some changes coming to Hton (/thread-573805.html)

Some changes coming to Hton - Herdthedrums1 - 06-10-2012 08:31 PM

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/x543348579/Road-project-could-help-transform-part-of-city?i=0
Also during the Big Green tour that stopped in Princeton, Hamrick mentioned the $30million facility program as usual but also the University's $100million expansion, most notably more dorms. Just a few tid bits I found interesting as that was all he really said about it. Looks like MU and Huntington are trying to keep growing.

RE: Some changes coming to Hton - mufanatehc - 06-10-2012 08:40 PM

Its a nice addition, and a welcome change, but calling it a "game changer" is a bit exaggerated. Its a step in the right direction.

RE: Some changes coming to Hton - HerdZoned - 06-10-2012 11:33 PM

It's about time. Those things should have been tore down years ago. They are not an eye sore on only Huntington (Ive heard from more than once a player from an inner city say "Look Huntington has projects too") but Marshall especially. The space could be used so much better than it has been. A grocery store, a small clothing store and a resturant or something like a specialty bookstore.

RE: Some changes coming to Hton - mufanatehc - 06-11-2012 08:59 AM

The best way to do public housing isn't building large projects and complexes, but dispersing it among mixed income neighborhoods. In a perfect system, a passerby shouldn't be able to distinguish what is or isn't public housing. By dispersing it, you greatly decrease the chances of organized crime developing (and crime in general), as well as keeping a part of your city from being devalued.

RE: Some changes coming to Hton - MU42 - 06-11-2012 05:17 PM

I hope this happens. I have found my self trying to not drive by it, and telling my friends and family directions where they don't have to drive by them. It might be dumb, but I feel better knowing that my mom isnt getting stopped at a red light right beside them.

RE: Some changes coming to Hton - lmckay92 - 06-11-2012 07:50 PM

[Image: 418857_2386737128154_287509984_n.jpg]