CSNbbs
Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? (/thread-571741.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - trojanblood - 05-24-2012 02:18 PM

I heard it from a coach at TROY, not naming names, but there will be two more added in a year. New Mexico St. is one so who know who the other will be. If you ask how I know, I am just asked him and typing this as we talk. LOL

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - FloridaJag - 05-24-2012 02:19 PM

App State & Georgia Southern

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - TrojanNation - 05-24-2012 02:19 PM

04-chairshot please stop the madness!!! can't we go a day without a new realignment thread!!!!!!

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - Tuscon - 05-24-2012 02:25 PM

(05-24-2012 02:19 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  App State & Georgia Southern

He already said NMSU was one of them. My guess would be Appy.

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - trojanblood - 05-24-2012 02:26 PM

I am just stating what he said, I am trying to lay a lot of it to rest. Plus it is kind of fun, being undercover and getting info from the TOP!

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - FIU4Ever - 05-24-2012 02:28 PM

(05-24-2012 02:26 PM)trojanblood Wrote:  I am just stating what he said, I am trying to lay a lot of it to rest. Plus it is kind of fun, being undercover and getting info from the TOP!

NMSU & Alabama State.

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - Panthersville - 05-24-2012 02:30 PM

(05-24-2012 02:18 PM)trojanblood Wrote:  I heard it from a coach at TROY, not naming names, but there will be two more added in a year. New Mexico St. is one so who know who the other will be. If you ask how I know, I am just asked him and typing this as we talk. LOL

Why would you want to encourage a year's worth of ApSt and GaSo trolling?

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - Tuscon - 05-24-2012 02:32 PM

Kennessaw State!

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - tpopt - 05-24-2012 02:35 PM

(05-24-2012 02:32 PM)Tuscon Wrote:  Kennessaw State!

It doesn't matter what he says imo. Could turn out to be the case but things change day to day. Hell who knows what will happen in a year.

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - BLEEDITRED - 05-24-2012 02:41 PM

UNF of course.

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - slycat - 05-24-2012 02:42 PM

(05-24-2012 02:30 PM)Panthersville Wrote:  
(05-24-2012 02:18 PM)trojanblood Wrote:  I heard it from a coach at TROY, not naming names, but there will be two more added in a year. New Mexico St. is one so who know who the other will be. If you ask how I know, I am just asked him and typing this as we talk. LOL

Why would you want to encourage a year's worth of ApSt and GaSo trolling?

It would be worth it if they were actually added added. Two fcs powerhouses that have fantastic fanbases. Fit into the footprint. Hopefully Southern gets fundraising going to become more attractive. NMSU would be great for basketball but may be outside of the footprint. Wouldn't complain though if they were added.

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - FloridaJag - 05-24-2012 02:42 PM

(05-24-2012 02:41 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  UNF of course.

Do you think they will be ready? 04-cheers +1

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - slycat - 05-24-2012 02:43 PM

What's so great about UNF? Never heard of them, are they an up and comer?

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - panama - 05-24-2012 02:44 PM

Valdosta State

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - BLEEDITRED - 05-24-2012 02:45 PM

(05-24-2012 02:43 PM)slycat Wrote:  What's so great about UNF? Never heard of them, are they an up and comer?

Nothing, and no.

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - OwlFamily - 05-24-2012 03:09 PM

IF NMSU is in then I think the choice is.....

AppState.

It would get the SBC into North Carolina, and they are probably the most well known FCS team out there. I can make a case for GS as well giving GSU a in state rival, and to be honest I would rather tighten up the East with APP and GS and not invite NMSU.

But if NMSU is in, then we grab APP. Basketball RPI goes up, and Football would go up.

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - Hilltop75 - 05-24-2012 03:10 PM

Stop this UNF Nonsense. Have you ever been on their campus . When I went there on a recruiting trip for my daughter to play soccer there. It was one building . Thats right the dorms, the classrooms everything was one building tucked back in the woods.

It looked like a small community college, Division 2 since its start and recently to D-1. But no Football. I would rank every FCS school we have mentioned along with Idaho ahead of UNF

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - ScrappyCat - 05-24-2012 03:14 PM

(05-24-2012 02:43 PM)slycat Wrote:  What's so great about UNF? Never heard of them, are they an up and comer?

Me too. Never knew there was a UNF until I read about them on this board

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - Tennessee_Eagle - 05-24-2012 03:15 PM

(05-24-2012 03:10 PM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  Stop this UNF Nonsense. Have you ever been on their campus . When I went there on a recruiting trip for my daughter to play soccer there. It was one building . Thats right the dorms, the classrooms everything was one building tucked back in the woods.

It looked like a small community college, Division 2 since its start and recently to D-1. But no Football. I would rank every FCS school we have mentioned along with Idaho ahead of UNF

I grew up in Jacksonville and although the campus has grown and changed dramatically over the years, I don't see any way they make it to the SBC. Are they even starting football? That town is a huge college town for UF, FSU and even Georgia. Then you have the Jags. A new college team would be an uphill battle.

As far as the other team, I don't think it is GS OR App

RE: Two more will be added next year...WHO WILL IT BE? - FloridaJag - 05-24-2012 03:21 PM

(05-24-2012 03:15 PM)Tennessee_Eagle Wrote:  
(05-24-2012 03:10 PM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  Stop this UNF Nonsense. Have you ever been on their campus . When I went there on a recruiting trip for my daughter to play soccer there. It was one building . Thats right the dorms, the classrooms everything was one building tucked back in the woods.

I grew up in Jacksonville and although the campus has grown and changed dramatically over the years, I don't see any way they make it to the SBC. Are they even starting football? That town is a huge college town for UF, FSU and even Georgia. Then you have the Jags. A new college team would be an uphill battle.

As far as the other team, I don't think it is GS OR App

That same argument was used against Ga State.

Example. UGA, Ga Tech which is two miles way, plus the Atlanta Falcons. In addition, there are the HBCUs a mile away from Ga State.