CSNbbs
***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: NTR Sports (/forum-675.html)
+------- Thread: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** (/thread-567960.html)

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - Tiger87 - 05-30-2017 04:49 PM

Not scoring runs is killing the Cards. Our ERA and runs scored is at the top of MLB. Our runs scored is at the bottom.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - carrollcountypig - 05-31-2017 10:15 AM

Just when I thought the Cards had straighten the mess out.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - ncrdbl1 - 06-02-2017 08:24 PM

Cubs finally find a way to end losing streak. Play the Cards. Too bad MLBN had it blacked out in Memphis

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - UofMark - 06-02-2017 09:18 PM

(06-02-2017 08:24 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Cubs finally find a way to end losing streak. Play the Cards. Too bad MLBN had it blacked out in Memphis

It was blacked out because MLB Network was carrying the Cubs local broadcast. This is a Cardinals tv territory so MLB doesn't allow the competitors broadcast in that market when they're playing the Cardinals. Watch the Cardinals telecast with Tim McCarver this weeked, you might learn something. Sunday night will be on ESPN which isn't subject to blackout restrictions.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - ncrdbl1 - 06-03-2017 11:07 AM

(06-02-2017 09:18 PM)UofMark Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 08:24 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Cubs finally find a way to end losing streak. Play the Cards. Too bad MLBN had it blacked out in Memphis

It was blacked out because MLB Network was carrying the Cubs local broadcast. This is a Cardinals tv territory so MLB doesn't allow the competitors broadcast in that market when they're playing the Cardinals. Watch the Cardinals telecast with Tim McCarver this weeked, you might learn something. Sunday night will be on ESPN which isn't subject to blackout restrictions.

local networks which carries Cards game did not show it either

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - UofMark - 06-03-2017 11:11 AM

(06-03-2017 11:07 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 09:18 PM)UofMark Wrote:  

local networks which carries Cards game did not show it either

I watched most of it yesterday right here in Memphis on Directv regional sports channel. I understand that local Comcast or UVerse has to put the game on their system. However if a game is televised, and they all are, Directv allows the station in that teams market. This is why Directv blows away the competition on sports. NC I don't know what system you have, but if it's Directv it'll be on Fox Tennessee (646-3) and Fox Midwest (671) at 1:00 this Saturday.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - ncrdbl1 - 06-03-2017 02:42 PM

HOLY SHITH Lester just picked a running off 1st.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - ncrdbl1 - 06-03-2017 04:59 PM

Sunday MLB will take a page out of the NASCAR handbook and split the game into three mini games. With the winner of each 3 innings given a 1/3 of a W. This way the Cards can get at least a part of a win.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - ncrdbl1 - 06-04-2017 09:45 PM

[Image: 0UwsF7FO-500x400.jpg]

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - Pastnerized - 06-08-2017 06:48 PM

My Cards may not win another game this season.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - mairving - 06-08-2017 08:31 PM

(06-08-2017 06:48 PM)Pastnerized Wrote:  My Cards may not win another game this season.

Not unless they can play 7 inning games.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - TiggerFan - 06-09-2017 02:41 PM

Maloney re-assigned within the organization. That can't be good for him. Poor decisions sending runners?

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - Pastnerized - 06-25-2017 11:12 AM

Hard to believe the Cards are one of the worst teams in baseball.
Mozeliak has ruined the team over the last few years.
He's pressed young prospects into the grind and they clearly haven't been ready to perform at the level their unsigned predecessors did.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - UofMark - 07-20-2017 10:17 PM

Just when I get a little bit of hope the Cards dash it. Heading into the All Star break in good position. Since the All Star break 3-4 with 3 of those losses in the last of the 9th including Rosenthal's brain fart today at the Mets where he didn't cover first. I'm afraid it just may not happen this year. It's probably going to cost Matheny his job.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - Trapper John - 08-07-2017 10:14 PM

If the Cards can just play up to their averages, we may be in for a great second half run. Starting pitching is there, relief pitching and closers are coming around. All we need to do is get our hitters back up to their career averages (especially Fowler, Carpenter, and Grichuk) and we could see a good run down the stretch. Plus, one benefit is that when the rosters expand, a lot of our call up guys already have major league experience.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - UofMark - 08-07-2017 10:25 PM

Well, it's been a long time coming but Cards back at .500. Time to play some consistent ball. I saw they sent Piscotty back down to us at AAA.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - TiggerFan - 08-08-2017 08:51 AM

(08-07-2017 10:25 PM)UofMark Wrote:  Well, it's been a long time coming but Cards back at .500. Time to play some consistent ball. I saw they sent Piscotty back down to us at AAA.

Seems to have worked several times this season. Hopefully Piscotty hits the reset button and lights up AAA pitching. His mother is battling Lou Gehrig's disease so maybe the focus isn't there.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - carrollcountypig - 08-10-2017 09:24 AM

Everything really clicking right now for the Cards. With no wild card for anyone in the central, its going to be a hell of a race between four teams.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - BIGDTiger - 08-13-2017 10:27 AM

1st place. Whoulda think it. Still a lot of unearned runs and relievers giving up runs. Good thing we've been scoring because that is masking the problems that haven't gone away. Gotta shore them up if we hope to beat cubs head to head or win any playoff series.

RE: ***Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread*** - Gibson Tiger - 08-13-2017 11:46 AM

It's amazing how quickly things can turn in a team's fortune if they can hit a big winning streak.Read the tenor of the posts on the first half of the this page then check the bottom half.I agreed with everything that was said at the time.I'm still concerned about Wainwright's arm strength.The Braves broadcasters kept commenting on it thought the Braves would eventually get to him.There's nothing like double plays in three straight innings to get your starter out of a jam.