CSNbbs
Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... (/thread-562301.html)

Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - ecuacc4ever - 03-20-2012 07:55 AM

North Carolina (-10.5) vs Ohio

With or without Kendall, I believe Carolina will beat Ohio, but I'm not sure they'll cover the 10.5.

NC State (+8) vs Kansas

On paper, Kansas is the (supposed) better team. That said, NC State is peaking at the right time. I don't think Kansas covers, and I'm not surprised if State beats 'em straight up.

--

Syracuse (-3.5) vs Wisconsin

I'd be nervous about Syracuse even if Melo was playing, and extremely nervous w/o him.

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - ClairtonPanther - 03-20-2012 08:48 AM

I'd take Ohio, NC State, and Wisky w/ those lines. The most confident pick is Wisky.

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - HtownOrange - 03-20-2012 09:26 AM

Wiscy is a slow down team that "cheats" back on defense to stop the transition game. However, by "cheating" back on defense, they will not get second and third shots offensively. They will have to shoot at or above 50% to beat Syracuse if they work too hard to stop the transition game. Aside from that, I don't thing they go as deep as Syracuse and they will likely run out of gas by the end of the game.

* Cheating as mentioned above refers to keeping offensive players back from the boards and action to prevent the fast break, not an actual violation of the rules.

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - Hokie Mark - 03-20-2012 09:58 AM

(03-20-2012 09:26 AM)HtownOrange Wrote:  Wiscy is a slow down team that "cheats" back on defense to stop the transition game. However, by "cheating" back on defense, they will not get second and third shots offensively. They will have to shoot at or above 50% to beat Syracuse if they work too hard to stop the transition game. Aside from that, I don't thing they go as deep as Syracuse and they will likely run out of gas by the end of the game.

* Cheating as mentioned above refers to keeping offensive players back from the boards and action to prevent the fast break, not an actual violation of the rules.

Big Ten team "cheating"? Scandalous! What next - free tattoos for the players?

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - OrangeCrush22 - 03-20-2012 11:22 AM

If we play like we did against K-State we'll win. If we play like we did against UNC-A we'll lose. We've done the former, this season, far more than the latter. So I'm pretty confident.

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - IceJus10 - 03-20-2012 12:28 PM

The Heels will squeak out a win over Ohio - with or without Kendell - Ohio is playing some great ball, but UNC is just too much.

Kansas got a scare the other night, if they play like that again, they will lose, if the scare woke them up, State's run in the tourney is over.

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - TampaKnight - 03-20-2012 04:04 PM

Syracuse is going to feed on the haters, and blow out Wisconsin by 17.

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - HtownOrange - 03-21-2012 02:41 PM

(03-20-2012 09:58 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(03-20-2012 09:26 AM)HtownOrange Wrote:  Wiscy is a slow down team that "cheats" back on defense to stop the transition game. However, by "cheating" back on defense, they will not get second and third shots offensively. They will have to shoot at or above 50% to beat Syracuse if they work too hard to stop the transition game. Aside from that, I don't thing they go as deep as Syracuse and they will likely run out of gas by the end of the game.

Big Ten team "cheating"? Scandalous! What next - free tattoos for the players?

Free tats for players is reserved for OSU, c'mon, you know that. 04-rock

Actually, "cheat" or cheat back" were terms an old coach of mine used to tell us guards to get back on D instead of working for the rebound.

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - cuseroc - 03-21-2012 07:58 PM

(03-20-2012 04:04 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  Syracuse is going to feed on the haters, and blow out Wisconsin by 17.

I LIKE YOU TAMPA! 04-rock

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - texasorange - 03-21-2012 10:28 PM

I like the dismissive attitude toward Syracuse by the major media talking heads. I hope it fuels a fire in the hearts of the SU players.

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - ChrisLords - 03-22-2012 07:21 AM

(03-21-2012 10:28 PM)texasorange Wrote:  I like the dismissive attitude toward Syracuse by the major media talking heads. I hope it fuels a fire in the hearts of the SU players.

Syracuse winning it all is about the only chance I have in my bracket contests. I picked y'all before the announcement of Fab Melo not playing came out and never changed them.

I'm surprised by the lack of faith of the Syracuse fans. Y'all did only lose 2 games all season and part of that time was without Fab too.

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - OrangeCrush22 - 03-22-2012 03:21 PM

(03-22-2012 07:21 AM)ChrisLords Wrote:  Syracuse winning it all is about the only chance I have in my bracket contests. I picked y'all before the announcement of Fab Melo not playing came out and never changed them.

I'm surprised by the lack of faith of the Syracuse fans. Y'all did only lose 2 games all season and part of that time was without Fab too.

The main reason most are nervous is, recently we've been getting bounced in the Sweet 16. So close, yet so far away....

RE: Lines for Sweet 16 games, and reactions... - Ole Blue - 03-22-2012 03:38 PM

I'll be rooting for Ohio, NCSU, and Syracuse. Living here in Tennessee I've seen enough UNC stuff to last a while. Though I wouldn't be too upset if UNC wins... I've picked them in at least one of my brackets to win the title game.