CSNbbs
Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: MACbbs Archives (/forum-480.html)
+----- Thread: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! (/thread-555581.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - inductchuck16 - 02-16-2012 08:12 PM

This is a joke, right?

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - ksu sucks - 02-16-2012 08:58 PM

(02-16-2012 08:12 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  This is a joke, right?

Yes, I assume that it was meant as a joke.

And it should be treated as such. Why would anyone leave a stable league like the MAC for the C-USA?

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - FlyHawk98 - 02-17-2012 09:19 AM

Akron fans,

I'm not sure if you guys would be interested in joining or not. As a Marshall fan, I just want you to know if I had any pull I'd be pulling for you guys.

Got the new stadium, new IPF, new coaches (respectable big name coaches,) and you have good bball which could help us lure in Temple for all sports. I don't like Temple for football only.

Cleveland is the #18 tv market and that seems to be driving the bus right now. The market accompanied with the things I listed earlier and I would say it is SAFE to say that the alliance has their eye on you.

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - bronconick - 02-17-2012 01:02 PM

(02-16-2012 12:49 PM)uakronkid Wrote:  ARCHERY???

I was going to have my football on TV...

....but then I took an arrow to the knee.

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - templefootballfan - 02-17-2012 03:25 PM

well the only way this makes sence is C-USA goes to 24
& wants NE region with Temple for allsports
I would think Temple told them tight group with strong BB.
East Car & Marshall, Along with Temple, Mass, Buffalo & Akron

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - uakronkid - 02-17-2012 03:30 PM

(02-17-2012 03:25 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  I would think Temple told them tight group with strong BB.
East Car & Marshall, Along with Temple, Mass, Buffalo & Akron

Who would then promptly split off and form a true eastern football conference with the top CAA schools moving up to join them.

Sounds like a plan! Let's go get invited so we can break it up.05-stirthepot

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - ksu sucks - 02-17-2012 04:55 PM

(02-17-2012 01:02 PM)bronconick Wrote:  I was going to have my football on TV...

....but then I took an arrow to the knee.
Speaking of taking an arrow to the knee, we appreciated the victory you handed to us in Kalamazoo. Oh, and I couldn't possibly forget about those W's you guys handed out in 10 out of our last 11 meetings.

You WMU folks really are a giving bunch.

(glass houses)

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - bronconick - 02-18-2012 10:19 AM

Well, someone's clearly never heard of Skyrim.

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - ilovegymnast - 02-18-2012 10:29 AM

Everything is for sale my friend... If I had a sister Id sell her too - Best Skyrim qoute

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - ksu sucks - 02-18-2012 10:37 AM

(02-18-2012 10:19 AM)bronconick Wrote:  Well, someone's clearly never heard of Skyrim.

I know my memes.

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - bronconick - 02-18-2012 01:23 PM

You're probably taunting the wrong Western fan if you're going to talk basketball smack anyway. I didn't even remember Western was playing Akron last March until the 2nd intermission of a playoff hockey game in Kalamazoo. It's quite frankly a distant third to me and if we get to drop 60+ on your football team in 3 quarters with our backup quarterback and you get to taunt me about winning in squeakybouncyfouls, I'll take it.

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - ksu sucks - 02-18-2012 01:55 PM

I didn't mean to taunt you at all. It's obvious you aren't a serious hoops follower. If you were, you would realize how hypocritical it is for a WMU fan to criticize Akron football.

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - OhioBobcatJohn - 02-18-2012 04:41 PM

Akron would be a huge loss for the MAC. STO really banks on the Zips for ratings. Akron also draws well in the MAC tournament. Akron is one of the top basketball programs. Football is down but Akron has a new stadium and its a major MAC media market. Big loss because your likely looking at Youngstown State as the replacement if they go.

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - utpotts - 02-18-2012 05:03 PM

(02-18-2012 04:41 PM)OhioBobcatJohn Wrote:  Akron would be a huge loss for the MAC. STO really banks on the Zips for ratings. Akron also draws well in the MAC tournament. Akron is one of the top basketball programs. Football is down but Akron has a new stadium and its a major MAC media market. Big loss because your likely looking at Youngstown State as the replacement if they go.

Wow. You are so high right now. You should hook us all up with your dealer. 03-lmfao

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - bronconick - 02-18-2012 06:11 PM

(02-18-2012 01:55 PM)ksu sucks Wrote:  I didn't mean to taunt you at all. It's obvious you aren't a serious hoops follower. If you were, you would realize how hypocritical it is for a WMU fan to criticize Akron football.

And if you had brain synapses that were firing, you would realize the main mockery was the fact that he kept repeating "archery???" which pretty much begged for an arrow to the knee comment. The football reference is because that's what this whole "Mount America" conference alliance nonsense is about.

Explaining this **** days later ruins the joke. Next time I'll use pictures and small words.

RE: Conference USA to expand...AND TAKE AKRON?! - ksu sucks - 02-18-2012 07:27 PM

(02-18-2012 06:11 PM)bronconick Wrote:  Explaining this **** days later ruins the joke. Next time I'll use pictures and small words.

You mad?

And don't worry, it didn't take nearly that long to ruin your joke.