CSNbbs
Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh (/thread-555048.html)

Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - Redwingtom - 02-13-2012 05:18 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/13/fox-news-liz-trotta-rape_n_1274018.html

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - Ole Blue - 02-13-2012 05:42 PM

(02-13-2012 05:18 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/13/fox-news-liz-trotta-rape_n_1274018.html

This coming from the lady who joked about assassinating a presidential candidate in 2008... More controversy, more attention.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - Native Georgian - 02-13-2012 10:37 PM

I had never ever heard of Liz Trotta until I opened this thread, and I have no idea what (if any) credentials she has to speak about any particular matter of policy.

But the quote attributed to Liz Trotta and highlighted in blue by the Huffington Post writer is actually both true and well-said.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - wvucrazed - 02-13-2012 11:00 PM

LOL I love it when these fools open their mouths. The shift for Independent voters to the Democratic side is going to be pronounced by the fall. You have the looney bin GOP presidential candidates - you've got the GOP clutching their pearls over birth control, of all things - you've got Fox News pundits claiming men are destined to assault women if you put them in close proximity - - you've got them veering far away from public opinion on gay marriage and all trying to out-bigot each other - - - it's a recipe for reasonable folks to realize how out of touch and insane some of these people really are.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - Native Georgian - 02-13-2012 11:03 PM

crazed, what do you think Obama's nationwide % will be in November?

I'll say 48.6

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - wvucrazed - 02-13-2012 11:11 PM

(02-13-2012 11:03 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  crazed, what do you think Obama's nationwide % will be in November?

I'll say 48.6

No idea; but I find it highly improbable that any of the GOP candidates have the capacity to beat him in November.

The economy is improving, the GOP is fractured and feuding, Obama's supporters might be in some instances lukewarm but they are sure not lukewarm when it comes to their hatred of Republicans.

I think Obama will win comfortably in November.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - Native Georgian - 02-13-2012 11:23 PM

Here are the 8 most-critical states the GOP candidate (i.e., Romney) needs. He could win with some other states (Colorado or Nevada, for example). But if he wins these 8, he wins the election:

Arizona
Florida
Indiana
Missouri
New Hampshire
North Carolina
Ohio
Virginia

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - wvucrazed - 02-13-2012 11:25 PM

(02-13-2012 11:23 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Here are the 8 most-critical states the GOP candidate (i.e., Romney) needs. He could win with some other states (Colorado or Nevada, for example). But if he wins these 8, he wins the election:

Arizona
Florida
Indiana
Missouri
New Hampshire
North Carolina
Ohio
Virginia

Very tall order.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - Native Georgian - 02-13-2012 11:29 PM

We'll see. I think Romney's chances in each one are no worse than 50% and in some of them his chances are much better than that.

Few people really believe Obama will be contesting Missouri in October, for example.

I suspect it will come down to Ohio and Virginia.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - UCF08 - 02-14-2012 02:35 AM

I'm not convinced that Romney will win florida, taking our current governor to try and shore up our vote might just backfire too. He's not too loved round these parts.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou - 02-14-2012 08:59 AM

He won't win NC either. Our Democrat governor is the most hated in history on both sides. She has effectively stopped the Obama express in this state. NC will be going back to the GOP this fall.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - Redwingtom - 02-14-2012 09:46 AM

Well, I believe there is no doubt Obama will get the most votes from the entire country, but the electoral college might present a problem. But it's still early as we don't know the Republican nominee just yet.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - Native Georgian - 02-14-2012 09:51 AM

Those 8 states I mentioned before, I am curious which 1 or 2 are considered most favorable by Obama supporters...

Obama absolutely must win 1 of them to get re-elected, and probably 2 of them.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - bronconick - 02-14-2012 11:07 AM

According to my math, if Romney wins all those states and Nebraska's one district that went to Obama goes R like the rest of the state, Romney has exactly 270 votes. That's cutting it a little close.

RE: Fox News Liz Trotta...Ugh - Native Georgian - 02-14-2012 11:14 AM

(02-14-2012 11:07 AM)bronconick Wrote:  According to my math, if Romney wins all those states and Nebraska's one district that went to Obama goes R like the rest of the state, Romney has exactly 270 votes. That's cutting it a little close.
All true. Obviously, Romney will need to invest in some other states, too, like Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, Nevada, etc. But as long as he carries the ones I listed, he would win the election.

The 8 states I mentioned before have a total of 111 electoral votes. The other 159 are from states very "safe" for any Republican, at least this year.