CSNbbs
Southern 10 Conference - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-517.html)
+----- Forum: Realignment Archives (/forum-937.html)
+----- Thread: Southern 10 Conference (/thread-553597.html)

Pages: 1 2

Southern 10 Conference - OrangeCrush22 - 02-08-2012 03:58 AM

Southern 10 Conference, (S10)

East Carolina
Florida International
Georgia State
Louisiana Lafayette
Marshall
Old Dominion
South Alabama
Southern Mississippi
UTSA
Western Kentucky

[Image: 424112_171456762964231_100002997257374_2...3640_n.jpg]

TV Markets

Atlanta - #8
Miami - #16
San Antonio - #37
Norfolk - #43
New Orleans - #53 (ULL cover NO?)
Mobile - #60
Huntington - #65
Greenville - #103
Lafayette - #123
Hattiesburg - #167
Bowling Green - #182

Football Stadiums

71k - GSU (Off campus)
65k - UTSA (Off campus)
58k - ECU (Post expansion)
45k - FIU (Post expansion)
40k - So. 'Bama (Off campus)
38k - Marshall
36k - USM
31k - ULL
22k - WKU
20k - ODU

Basketball Arenas

11.5k - ULL
10k - USA
9.6k - Marshall
9.5k - ODU
8k - ECU
8k - USM
7.5k - WKU
6k - FIU
5k - GSU
4k - UTSA

I think this is the best possible league that Mashall, ECU, and USM can make at this point. All of these schools bring great upside and, for the most part, have facilities under control.

The only schools, in this conference, to not win at least 6 games are: UTSA, GSU, and ECU. So the football is solid.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - IceJus10 - 02-08-2012 04:30 AM

The UNC Charlotte 49'ers will be looking for a home down the road... somewhat in the middle of that map. Building a 20k seat on-campus stadium now (expandable to 45k) and have the NFL's Bank of America stadium literally down the the Street if needed in the interim. They have a 10k on-campus basketball arena, 5k soccer stadium, 3k baseball stadium. The school has roughly 26,000 students according to their website.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - Hokie Mark - 02-08-2012 05:35 AM

not bad. I'd watch ECU, Marshall, and S. Miss. (no interest in the other for me, but sounds like someone must be interested in them)

RE: Southern 10 Conference - b0ndsj0ns - 02-08-2012 07:02 AM

(02-08-2012 05:35 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  not bad. I'd watch ECU, Marshall, and S. Miss. (no interest in the other for me, but sounds like someone must be interested in them)

No you pretty much named the only 3 anyone is interested in. We are not ditching Tulane and UAB for those schools.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - apex_pirate - 02-08-2012 07:56 AM

(02-08-2012 04:30 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  The UNC Charlotte 49'ers will be looking for a home down the road... somewhat in the middle of that map. Building a 20k seat on-campus stadium now (expandable to 45k) and have the NFL's Bank of America stadium literally down the the Street if needed in the interim. They have a 10k on-campus basketball arena, 5k soccer stadium, 3k baseball stadium. The school has roughly 26,000 students according to their website.

With zero support. They decided to move forward with their plans even though they didn't raise anywhere near the money needed to reach to self-imposed goal. They have major issues to battle...not to mention that most of their students are UNC, Clemson, USC or Tennessee fans. But who knows, maybe they can pull a UCF and get there without having the support. Build it and they will come. The motto appears to carry weight.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - EerMeNow - 02-08-2012 08:34 AM

(02-08-2012 07:56 AM)apex_pirate Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 04:30 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  The UNC Charlotte 49'ers will be looking for a home down the road... somewhat in the middle of that map. Building a 20k seat on-campus stadium now (expandable to 45k) and have the NFL's Bank of America stadium literally down the the Street if needed in the interim. They have a 10k on-campus basketball arena, 5k soccer stadium, 3k baseball stadium. The school has roughly 26,000 students according to their website.

With zero support. They decided to move forward with their plans even though they didn't raise anywhere near the money needed to reach to self-imposed goal. They have major issues to battle...not to mention that most of their students are UNC, Clemson, USC or Tennessee fans. But who knows, maybe they can pull a UCF and get there without having the support. Build it and they will come. The motto appears to carry weight.

Appalachian State belongs in that conference......and I think ECU deserves BCS.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - b0ndsj0ns - 02-08-2012 08:42 AM

(02-08-2012 03:58 AM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Southern 10 Conference, (S10)

East Carolina
Florida International
Georgia State
Louisiana Lafayette
Marshall
Old Dominion
South Alabama
Southern Mississippi
UTSA
Western Kentucky

TV Markets

Atlanta - #8
Miami - #16
San Antonio - #37
Norfolk - #43
Mobile - #60
Huntington - #65
Greenville - #103
Lafayette - #123
Hattiesburg - #167
Bowling Green - #182

Football Stadiums

71k - GSU (Off campus)
65k - UTSA (Off campus)
38k - Marshall
36k - USM
31k - ULL
22k - WKU
20k - ODU

Basketball Arenas

11.5k - ULL
10k - USA
9.6k - Marshall
9.5k - ODU
8k - ECU
8k - USM
7.5k - WKU
6k - FIU
5k - GSU
4k - UTSA

I think this is the best possible league that Mashall, ECU, and USM can make at this point. All of these schools bring great upside and, for the most part, have facilities under control.

The only schools, in this conference, to not win at least 6 games are: UTSA, GSU, and ECU. So the football is solid.

So much fail in this post. First of all USM, Marshall, and ECU would rather have UAB than USA, and Tulane rather than ULL. Second at least get our TV market right we are #99 currently not 103 (I know really splitting hairs here but does sound better to be top 100 than not). Third what the hell is the point of ECU still traveling to Texas for a league if it's going to make the peanuts in TV revenue that league would draw?

RE: Southern 10 Conference - AtlantaJag - 02-08-2012 09:44 AM

(02-08-2012 08:42 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 03:58 AM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Southern 10 Conference, (S10)

East Carolina
Florida International
Georgia State
Louisiana Lafayette
Marshall
Old Dominion
South Alabama
Southern Mississippi
UTSA
Western Kentucky

TV Markets

Atlanta - #8
Miami - #16
San Antonio - #37
Norfolk - #43
Mobile - #60
Huntington - #65
Greenville - #103
Lafayette - #123
Hattiesburg - #167
Bowling Green - #182

Football Stadiums

71k - GSU (Off campus)
65k - UTSA (Off campus)
38k - Marshall
36k - USM
31k - ULL
22k - WKU
20k - ODU

Basketball Arenas

11.5k - ULL
10k - USA
9.6k - Marshall
9.5k - ODU
8k - ECU
8k - USM
7.5k - WKU
6k - FIU
5k - GSU
4k - UTSA

So much fail in this post. First of all USM, Marshall, and ECU would rather have UAB than USA, and Tulane rather than ULL. Second at least get our TV market right we are #99 currently not 103 (I know really splitting hairs here but does sound better to be top 100 than not). Third what the hell is the point of ECU still traveling to Texas for a league if it's going to make the peanuts in TV revenue that league would draw?

Five years from now USA will be the more successful athletic program between they and UAB, particularly in football.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - TrojanCampaign - 02-08-2012 09:53 AM

The OP should really stop paying so much attention to bondsjons wants. You just listed a conference full of one hit wonders, fcs teams, and inconsistent field teams like ECU.

I like USM but seriously go check their schedule they have not been what we would call world beaters playing a Non AQ schedule. Nor have their bowl games or out of conference games been exactly dominate.

2005 7-5 win vs Sun Belt team in a bowl
2006 9-5 win vs Mac team
2007 7-6 loss to big east team
2008 7-6 win vs Sun Belt team in overtime
2009 7-6 loss to a Sun Belt team
2010 8-5 (including a D2 team and loss to BE team in bowl)
2011 12-2 (win over MWC)

USM has one impressive year since 2005 playing a total of one ranked team. They have great history but I'm just pointing out the smart people who make decisions actually look at things like this before they just jump and make new conferences. Memphis to the Big East is a no brainer, Sun Belt teams to a damaged conference USA is questionable.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - b0ndsj0ns - 02-08-2012 09:57 AM

(02-08-2012 09:53 AM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  The OP should really stop paying so much attention to bondsjons wants. You just listed a conference full of one hit wonders, fcs teams, and inconsistent field teams like ECU.

I like USM but seriously go check their schedule they have not been what we would call world beaters playing a Non AQ schedule. Nor have their bowl games or out of conference games been exactly dominate.

2005 7-5 win vs Sun Belt team in a bowl
2006 9-5 win vs Mac team
2007 7-6 loss to big east team
2008 7-6 win vs Sun Belt team in overtime
2009 7-6 loss to a Sun Belt team
2010 8-5 (including a D2 team and loss to BE team in bowl)
2011 12-2 (win over MWC)

USM has one impressive year since 2005 playing a total of one ranked team. They have great history but I'm just pointing out the smart people who make decisions actually look at things like this before they just jump and make new conferences. Memphis to the Big East is a no brainer, Sun Belt teams to a damaged conference USA is questionable.

Am I missing something here? Is this a Troy fan calling USM's on the field performance not that impressive? The same team that went 3-9 this year?

RE: Southern 10 Conference - No Bull - 02-08-2012 09:58 AM

Big South

East Carolina - should be BCS
Florida International - good program need to finish craptacular stadium
Florida Atlantic - better facilities than FIU and Boca is a good market
Louisiana Lafayette - solid attendance
Marshall - great fb history - real solid basketball program
Southern Mississippi - should be BCS
Western Kentucky - Good basketball - proven FCS winner
Middle Tenn State - said to be on CUSA short list for expansion
Appy State - proven they can play with big boys. good attendance
UAB
Tulane
Team 12 - Ohio? Troy? Temple?

RE: Southern 10 Conference - b0ndsj0ns - 02-08-2012 10:09 AM

(02-08-2012 09:58 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Big South

UAB
Tulane

I'd sub ODU for App, and probably sub one of the F_U's for Georgia State, but probably one of the better one of these hybrid conferences I have seen.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - bitcruncher - 02-08-2012 10:41 AM

OC, I'm not going to waste much time explaining why that setup fails on so many levels. I'll just say Marshall would be better off going back to the MAC than following along with what you're proposing...

RE: Southern 10 Conference - Howl-n-Prowl - 02-08-2012 10:44 AM

I would add, UNT - #5 DMA.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - ecuacc4ever - 02-08-2012 11:38 AM

(02-08-2012 09:58 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Big South

UAB
Tulane

East Carolina
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Marshall
Middle Tennessee State
Southern Mississippi
UAB
Troy
South Alabama
Appalachian State
UNC-Charlotte
Western Kentucky

RE: Southern 10 Conference - 49RFootballNow - 02-08-2012 12:14 PM

(02-08-2012 07:56 AM)apex_pirate Wrote:  

We met our financial goals, exceeding our $5M figure at $6.5M before our self -imposed deadline. Of that $5.5M came directly from the sell of our seat licenses. Since then we've added an additional $2.5M to the donations pot. We only have 1000 seat licenses left to sell. We also average 7000 fans per home basketball game. It's not correct to say we have zero support.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - sundodger - 02-08-2012 12:21 PM

Well if not the southern 10 how about the eastern 10

East Carolina
East Stroudsburg
East Tennessee State
Eastern Illinois
Eastern Kentucky
Eastern Michigan
Eastern New Mexico
Eastern Washington
Maryland Eastern Shore
Southeastern Louisiana

As you can see this conference has a national footprint, but is completely eastern. I am relying on two schools moving up from the D2 ranks, one starting a football program and several others moving up from FCS. But I think this can work. ECU could totally dominate this conference, though I expect recent FCS champ EWU will be a tough test at least at home in Cheyney.

Yes I know this is 01-wingedeagle, but I am sure this could work!

RE: Southern 10 Conference - OwlFamily - 02-08-2012 12:22 PM

FAU/FIU make a pretty good package deal for the entire South Florida area.

You would get access to 2 of the bigger TV markets in Florida and access to all 3 of the top recruiting counties. (Dade,Browarad,Palm Beach).

As travel wise you have 3 major airports with easy/cheap flights and as somone stated for your non-football sports you can schedule both schools for one air trip (Play FIU on Thursday and FAU on Saturday, fly out Sunday)

Facitlity wise FAU is ahead in terms of Football stadium, ours is completed, but FIU's is getting done in stages every year. Both have equal amenities for other sports. Both have Medical schools now.

I think that IF poaching begins both schools would probably move together.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - Rabonchild - 02-08-2012 06:56 PM

It looks like a merger b/w C-USA& MWC is going to happen. As a sports fan I don't like it
But I'm just voice crying the wilderness.

The teams are fluid but my preference is for the C-USA to limit it's self to 10 teams by adding FIU & FAU. If they want more teams let them also add Middle Tenn & N Texas in football. They could add Georgia St and Charlotte for all sports except FB so they would have time to grow their program.

The conference would have a footprint in Miami, N. O., Atlanta, Charlotte, Birmingham, Nashville, El Paso, Houston, Dallas, & Tulsa.

RE: Southern 10 Conference - Rabonchild - 02-08-2012 09:19 PM

OK this is my last post on this subject until the next time. Conference USA Stars Division El Paso, Rice, FIU, USM, UAB, Marshall, Charlotte. Stripes Division Tulsa, N Texas, FAU, Middle Tenn, ECU, Tulane, & Georgia St. Each team plays their division and two permanent teams from opposite division.

Every team would get to go to Florida &. Texas every year (great FB recruiting). At least every other year every team would get to go to Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, & Charlotte (great BB recruiting).

C-USA will have lost Orlanda & Memphis. But gain Miami, Atlanta, Nashville & Charlotte.