CSNbbs
Upstate Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Kennesaw State (/forum-336.html)
+----- Thread: Upstate Thread (/thread-553204.html)

Upstate Thread - ilm2011 - 02-06-2012 07:45 PM

On ESPN3. Tune in to get a good laugh. Down 13 already.

RE: Upstate Thread - MercerFan - 02-06-2012 08:00 PM

I understand they don't have big expectations for your new coach this year, but at what point will results be expected? I always say 4 years is a minimum to understand potential, but I know some people get restless when you're looking at 0-18 conference record. Last team to go winless in ASUN play was Campbell at 0-20.

For the record your coach does seem sharp and I think he's just in a tough spot this year. Will be interesting to track in the coming year or two.

RE: Upstate Thread - ilm2011 - 02-06-2012 08:08 PM

There will be no results until they recruit a big man with a clue inside. period.

RE: Upstate Thread - Owlzfan84 - 02-07-2012 09:34 AM

No center isnt the problem. We have no bench. when 4 starters score in double figures, and the other starter has around 7 or 8 points...you would think you could win. But our bench averages what...5 points a game? Thats where we get killed every game. I'm surprised our starters can even halfway put up an effort this year with playing so much every game.

RE: Upstate Thread - Nick M - 02-07-2012 10:04 AM

Next year better improve. I'm not saying win the conference or anything but we need to be competitive.

He gets a total pass on this season. It's just hard to think of how we'll get much better with freshmen. Maybe a full off-season of training will help. That hasn't always been the case of KSU. 4 years is pretty standard. Coaches are a 3 years minimum commitment for me but the way the AD and head coach were hired this year may have some dynamics I don't know about and might affect it.

RE: Upstate Thread - Owlzfan84 - 02-07-2012 02:57 PM

(02-07-2012 02:08 PM)Mike_Hunt Wrote:  
(02-07-2012 10:04 AM)Nick M Wrote:  Next year better improve. I'm not saying win the conference or anything but we need to be competitive.

He gets a total pass on this season. It's just hard to think of how we'll get much better with freshmen. Maybe a full off-season of training will help. That hasn't always been the case of KSU. 4 years is pretty standard. Coaches are a 3 years minimum commitment for me but the way the AD and head coach were hired this year may have some dynamics I don't know about and might affect it.

Freshmen are better than the bums we have now. Brown and Hamilton look like they will contribute right away, along with Williams. Not sure what to expect from Montgomery.

The good thing is 4 of our starters will be back. And their a good starting bunch. Their going to love being able to take a few breaks next year.

And who knows..maybe we'll get lucky and have Ringer on our squad in the 13-14 season.

RE: Upstate Thread - ilm2011 - 02-08-2012 10:22 PM

No big men, no wins. Last time we were respectable was when we had Stegall. Correct?