CSNbbs
O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers (/thread-550497.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - EMUAARON - 01-24-2012 03:56 PM

hate to post off-topic items, but this is too exciting. this team will be a whole lot of fun this year.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - EagleSam - 01-24-2012 04:20 PM

Huge, huge signing. Ilitch REALLY wants a world series.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - Bob Wickersham - 01-24-2012 04:56 PM

WOW!!! I'm sure only 1 year but how awesome!

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - EagleSam - 01-24-2012 04:57 PM

9 years 214 mil, Bob. No opt out clause, either. He's here for the long haul.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - Rip20 - 01-24-2012 05:42 PM

Amazing signing !

What do you guys think happens to the infield now ? Split DH time with prince and miggy ? miggy back to third ?

What about when Victor gets back ?

So many scenarios that could play out, and this puts the tigers right in the WS talk for next year.

Ilitch is getting up there, and this is an obvious win at all costs move.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - EagleSam - 01-24-2012 05:58 PM

Cabrera spoke with espn deportes and said he will move back to 3rd. Hopefully that gets him to lose some weight. Could be a very effective third baseman if he sheds 25-30 pounds. It shouldn't be that hard for a professional athlete to do.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - Bob Wickersham - 01-24-2012 06:20 PM

(01-24-2012 05:58 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Cabrera spoke with espn deportes and said he will move back to 3rd. Hopefully that gets him to lose some weight. Could be a very effective third baseman if he sheds 25-30 pounds. It shouldn't be that hard for a professional athlete to do.
Sam, that's a lot of weight. I wouldn't want him to lose power.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - EagleSam - 01-24-2012 06:43 PM

He's overweight, though. I'd say he's about 260 right now, so losing 25-30 lbs would put him at, say, 235 at the most. That's enough bulk to maintain power. He was that powerful of a hitter back in Florida when he was slender. He'll never be thin like that again, but he can at least be "big and fit" now with some hard work.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - emu steve - 01-24-2012 07:00 PM

(01-24-2012 04:20 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Huge, huge signing. Ilitch REALLY wants a world series.

Wow.

I still wonder if VMart will be back late in the season?

Could Ilitch become an EMU fan and drop a few millions on our football program? 03-melodramatic

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - Bob Wickersham - 01-24-2012 07:29 PM

(01-24-2012 07:00 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(01-24-2012 04:20 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Huge, huge signing. Ilitch REALLY wants a world series.

Wow.

Could Ilitch become an EMU fan and drop a few millions on our football program? 03-melodramatic
Ilitch is 83, he ain't waiting around, he wants to win now! Considering Domino's started right across the campus, maybe THEY could drop a few million...

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - Ken Barna - 01-24-2012 07:50 PM

Dear Friends,
I hate to throw water on everyone's celebration, but no one is worth that kind of money. I think it is obscene that people are paid that kind of money.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - emu steve - 01-24-2012 07:53 PM

(01-24-2012 07:29 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Wow.

Ilitch is 83, he ain't waiting around, he wants to win now! Considering Domino's started right across the campus, maybe THEY could drop a few million...

Dominio's?

Little Caesar's is Ilitch's company.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - Bob Wickersham - 01-24-2012 08:00 PM

(01-24-2012 07:53 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(01-24-2012 07:29 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Wow.

Dominio's?

Little Caesar's is Ilitch's company.
I know, but since the very first Domino's began right here in Ypsilanti, maybe they could get involved and we wouldn't need Ilitch's dough...bad joke, sorry.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - EMUAARON - 01-24-2012 10:58 PM

(01-24-2012 05:42 PM)Rip20 Wrote:  Amazing signing !

What do you guys think happens to the infield now ? Split DH time with prince and miggy ? miggy back to third ?

1B - Prince & Cabrera
3B - Cabrera, Inge, Kelly
DH - Cabrera, Prince, Young (maybe?)

that's how i see it going. Leyland likes to rest players, so i can see a lot of people playing those three positions.

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - NUPudge - 01-27-2012 06:49 AM

(01-24-2012 10:58 PM)EMUAARON Wrote:  

1B - Prince & Cabrera

that's how i see it going. Leyland likes to rest players, so i can see a lot of people playing those three positions.

I wouldn't sit behind the 1st base side of the field unless I verified my life insurance was paid up.. There will be balls flying in the stands in Detroit..

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - Bob Wickersham - 01-27-2012 07:29 AM

(01-27-2012 06:49 AM)NUPudge Wrote:  

1B - Prince & Cabrera

I wouldn't sit behind the 1st base side of the field unless I verified my life insurance was paid up.. There will be balls flying in the stands in Detroit..
Pudge, you gotta duck and weave. Hopefully just as many balls will be flying out of the stadium!

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - NUPudge - 01-27-2012 11:01 AM

(01-27-2012 07:29 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(01-27-2012 06:49 AM)NUPudge Wrote:  

1B - Prince & Cabrera

Pudge, you gotta duck and weave. Hopefully just as many balls will be flying out of the stadium!

I was saying this with a little envy.. He should have been in Chicago with the Cubs.. I guess I can start pulling for them (Detroit) to sweep the White Soxs

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - emu steve - 02-11-2012 10:59 AM

[/quote]

Talking of the stadium, Comerica Park...

Here is a nice photo:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/Comericapano.jpg

use your imagination: There will be a redone scoreboard in left field (I hated the current one).

There will be Prince Fielder at 1st. (take your 'cut and paste' and 'cut' Cabrerra and 'paste' him at 3rd. "Cut' Inge (sorry, I like Inge, thought he might have a good year in '12.).

Take the Broderick Tower in right field, the 34 story tower with the graphics on one side and see it lit up (It has been remodeled).

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?12743-Behold-the-Broderick

Take the David Whitney building (the dark, vacant buliding next to the Brderick Tower) and get it renovated by 2014.

Visualize those World Series flags around Comerica if the Tigers can come up with a 5th starter...

Visualize a much, much more beautiful Detroit around the CBD (Central Business District).

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - NUPudge - 02-12-2012 09:42 AM

(02-11-2012 10:59 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(01-27-2012 07:29 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Talking of the stadium, Comerica Park...

Here is a nice photo:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/Comericapano.jpg

use your imagination: There will be a redone scoreboard in left field (I hated the current one).

There will be Prince Fielder at 1st. (take your 'cut and paste' and 'cut' Cabrerra and 'paste' him at 3rd. "Cut' Inge (sorry, I like Inge, thought he might have a good year in '12.).

Take the Broderick Tower in right field, the 34 story tower with the graphics on one side and see it lit up (It has been remodeled).

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?12743-Behold-the-Broderick

Take the David Whitney building (the dark, vacant buliding next to the Brderick Tower) and get it renovated by 2014.

Visualize those World Series flags around Comerica if the Tigers can come up with a 5th starter...

Visualize a much, much more beautiful Detroit around the CBD (Central Business District).
[/quote]
Okay Steve don't make me hate this board with the Tiger talk (just kidding). Michigan is turning it pro sport teams, colleges, econ around. This is great for your state because it is so beautiful and has so much to offer people.. Great news about the auto plants and jobs are coming back, which is very good.

Wait, I hate you guys again because I am a Cubs fan and Vikings fan.. 03-lmfao

RE: O/T Prince Fielder to Tigers - emu steve - 02-12-2012 10:25 AM

I have no problems with the Tigs and Cubs in the World Series.

Win-Win (until the final series).