CSNbbs
Louisville 2005 Football Schedule - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+----- Thread: Louisville 2005 Football Schedule (/thread-54434.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Maize - 03-04-2005 11:41 AM

Here is the schedule for the future 2005-2006 Big East Football Champs. :D 03-wink Just joking I know it will be a dog fight for the Big East title.

2005 Louisville Football Schedule

Date Opponent Location TV Time
Sat., Sept. 3 at Kentucky Lexington, Ky. TBA TBA

Sat., Sept. 17 OREGON STATE PJCS ESPN/2/ABC TBA

Sat., Sept. 24 at South Florida * Tampa, Fla. TBA TBA

Sat., Oct. 1 FLORIDA ATLANTIC PJCS TBA TBA

Sat., Oct. 8 NORTH CAROLINA PJCS TBA TBA

Sat., Oct. 15 at West Virginia * Morgantown, W.V. TBA TBA

Sat., Oct. 22 at Cincinnati * Cincinnati, Ohio TBA TBA

Thurs., Nov. 3 PITTSBURGH * PJCS ESPN TBA

Fri., Nov. 11 RUTGERS * PJCS ESPN2 TBA

Sat., Nov. 26 SYRACUSE * PJCS TBA TBA

Sat., Dec. 3 at Connecticut * Storrs, Conn. ESPN TBA

- 3601 - 03-04-2005 11:45 AM

I thought there wouldn't be any Big East weeknight games.

- bearcatfan - 03-04-2005 11:48 AM

Maize Wrote:Here is the schedule for the future 2005-2006 Big East Football Champs. :D 03-wink Just joking I know it will be a dog fight for the Big East title.

2005 Louisville Football Schedule

Date Opponent Location TV Time
Sat., Sept. 3 at Kentucky Lexington, Ky. TBA TBA

Sat., Sept. 17 OREGON STATE PJCS ESPN/2/ABC TBA

Sat., Sept. 24 at South Florida * Tampa, Fla. TBA TBA

Sat., Oct. 1 FLORIDA ATLANTIC PJCS TBA TBA

Sat., Oct. 8 NORTH CAROLINA PJCS TBA TBA

Sat., Oct. 15 at West Virginia * Morgantown, W.V. TBA TBA

Sat., Oct. 22 at Cincinnati * Cincinnati, Ohio TBA TBA

Thurs., Nov. 3 PITTSBURGH * PJCS ESPN TBA

Fri., Nov. 11 RUTGERS * PJCS ESPN2 TBA

Sat., Nov. 26 SYRACUSE * PJCS TBA TBA

Sat., Dec. 3 at Connecticut * Storrs, Conn. ESPN TBA
Wow - after so many years in CUSA that schedule looks strange, but very good.

Nice that you get to host Pitt and Syracuse.

I can't wait to see UC's final schedule.

- Maize - 03-04-2005 11:57 AM

I remember our resident troll coming on here and saying we will only have a total of 6 ESPN/ABC games. If that is the case then I guess we are playing in 4 of them. :rolleyes:

That is not even counting the Backyard Brawl and the likelihood that the UofL-WVU game will be on the Worldwide leader as well if not on ESPNPlus College Gameplan.

- Jackson1011 - 03-04-2005 01:51 PM

Quote:I thought there wouldn't be any Big East weeknight games

-- No there have almost always been weeknight games...we just try to keep them on Wed/Thurs nights...I thought a lot of BE school were trying to avoid Friday night games..that's why I'm suprised to see UL@ Rutgers on a Friday...but Rutgers is probably so desperate for TV coverage they'll take anything

Quote:That is not even counting the Backyard Brawl and the likelihood that the UofL-WVU game will be on

-- I'm thinking the UL- WVU game is going to be on ABC or maybe ESPN primetime...there is a reason why this game hasn't been officially annonced for TV yet

Jackson

- LouisvilleCardinals - 03-04-2005 04:13 PM

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote:I thought there wouldn't be any Big East weeknight games

-- No there have almost always been weeknight games...we just try to keep them on Wed/Thurs nights...I thought a lot of BE school were trying to avoid Friday night games..that's why I'm suprised to see UL@ Rutgers on a Friday...but Rutgers is probably so desperate for TV coverage they'll take anything

Quote:That is not even counting the Backyard Brawl and the likelihood that the UofL-WVU game will be on

-- I'm thinking the UL- WVU game is going to be on ABC or maybe ESPN primetime...there is a reason why this game hasn't been officially annonced for TV yet

Jackson
That Louisville/Rutgers game is in Louisville.

I'm surprised to see that scheduled for a Friday. That doesn't go over too well here because it conflicts with high school football. There must be some logical reason for it though.

- Cat's_Claw - 03-04-2005 07:19 PM

Also, I would be shocked if ESPN doesn't at least consider picking up UC's games against Louisville, West Virginia, Pitt and Miami-OH. Not all, but some of them. And with UC's move to the Big East I could see ESPN Regional picking up that game, a Big Ten vs Big East showdown.

- nflsucks - 03-04-2005 08:33 PM

Quote:ESPN doesn't at least consider picking up UC's games against Louisville, West Virginia, Pitt and Miami-OH
WV/Cincy is already slated for ESPN or ESPN2.

- CardHouse - 03-05-2005 11:33 AM

bearcatfan Wrote:Wow - after so many years in CUSA that schedule looks strange, but very good.
Much better then seeing the likes of Tulane, UAB, Houston.....

I can't wait to start Big East play, but we open with 3 BE road games.

But get ready Big East......the Cards are coming and we mean business [Image: punch.gif]

- Cat's_Claw - 03-05-2005 01:45 PM

nflsucks Wrote:
Quote:ESPN doesn't at least consider picking up UC's games against Louisville, West Virginia, Pitt and Miami-OH
WV/Cincy is already slated for ESPN or ESPN2.
That's right, I forgot about that. As long as UC fulfills their end of the bargain we'll pick up more national games for ESPN. Remember when UC got hot last year they put our game again Louisville on ESPN. I wish Gino were healthy for that game, it would have been a lot more competitive. UC might not have won but we definitely could have put on a competitive game and showcased ourselves better. We at least made up for it in the Marshall game. It's going to be great! I have some friends at work who are Big Ten fans (Ohio State and Michigan fans), and when I talk about the Big East and West Virginia, Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville they actually treat it with the same respect as the Big Ten. It's going to be a fun year! :)

- TU72N76 - 03-06-2005 03:00 AM

Florida Atlantic?...Why not Sisters of the Blind Convent?

- EnterSandman - 03-06-2005 09:22 AM

TU72N76 Wrote:Florida Atlantic?...Why not Sisters of the Blind Convent?
Why don't you quit filling this board with crap post.

By the why we are playing Florida Atlantic because former Louisville football coach Howard Schnellenberger is now the football coach there.

- MHSCard - 03-06-2005 10:45 AM

TU72N76 Wrote:Florida Atlantic?...Why not Sisters of the Blind Convent?
Is ignorance really blissful? :stupid:

On top of it being the return of our former great Coach (and hometown boy), Florida Atlantic beat bowl teams North Texas, Hawaii last year and this year is joining the ranks of D1A football. They are a decent small time program with a hell of a coach!!

- TexanMark - 03-07-2005 02:25 PM

<a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/bigeast/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=4404' target='_blank'>TV Post from about 4 weeks ago</a>

Check out the link above. My friend's intel was "spot on". Look for SU/UL to be on ESPN or ABC on November 26th.

Disney folks are pushing Cuse, Pitt, WVU and UL as the TV teams of choice. UConn is next.

- TopCoog - 03-07-2005 02:28 PM

Only 2 weekday games and a very weak schedule, almost no ranked teams.

- MHSCard - 03-07-2005 03:13 PM

TopCoog Wrote:Only 2 weekday games and a very weak schedule, almost no ranked teams.
Yeah I know it is almost as bad as when we had to play even weaker teams like Houston, ECU, Army, and the majority of them on Weeknights. :wave:

- TopCoog - 03-07-2005 03:23 PM

The schedule you have for next year is even weaker than when you were in CUSA.

- mlb - 03-07-2005 03:26 PM

TopCoog Wrote:The schedule you have for next year is even weaker than when you were in CUSA.
The league schedule is much better.

- MHSCard - 03-07-2005 03:27 PM

TopCoog Wrote:The schedule you have for next year is even weaker than when you were in CUSA.
[Image: laughing.gif] :stupid:

- Maize - 03-08-2005 12:21 AM

We are just playing 7 Bowl teams. Man you are too easy.